What are you up to in the workshop?

Nothing exciting, oil change for the camper van and looking at the brakes on the Brian James. Needs four cables, they're all seized from lack of use.

Attachments

• PXL_20211113_161224911.jpg
    PXL_20211113_161224911.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG-20211113-WA0007.jpeg
    IMG-20211113-WA0007.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 96
Harmonic balancer in sh1t. ....... ...................................................................................

Last edited:
Went all out today and spent the harvest money on a new wide angle PTO shaft for the straw blower and treated it to an LED spotlight on the blower chute too. Great job for loading a bale in the dark or shining into the dark corner of a shed.
View attachment 99923View attachment 99924
How are you running the led spot?
On a 7pin plug and power from the sidelights?

Considering a light or two on the mixer waggon. No road lights on her, so the sidelight system should be more than up to two smallish led work lights shouldn't it?

That way it's switched in the cab and easier to not leave on to drain the battery!!

The younger brother bought a stick welder on sale. Having great craic welding bits of waste steel together and getting the hang of it.

Only a 140amp, might go 180-200 if there's sales in January.
Would be hard to go wrong with the 190 amp one in the link for the money.
I haven’t used them but have heard good reports about them Pacinis from a few friends that bought them

How are you running the led spot?
On a 7pin plug and power from the sidelights?

Considering a light or two on the mixer waggon. No road lights on her, so the sidelight system should be more than up to two smallish led work lights shouldn't it?

That way it's switched in the cab and easier to not leave on to drain the battery!!
Yes I put a 7 pin plug on the cable and will plug it in when needed and it's wired into the sidelights. The spotlight is 35 watts but the supply wire is the same size as the brake light wire which is powering 42 watts between both brake lights. The blower has a full lighting kit also but I can plug it out whenever I need the spotlight. I don't use it on the road so no need for the lighting kit plugged in really.

I haven’t used them but have heard good reports about them Pacinis from a few friends that bought them

Pacini’s are a good piece of kit, and that’s a great value welder at that price.

Pacini’s are a good piece of kit, and that’s a great value welder at that price.

Would it be legit at E99 ? Youd give that for 4 boxes of rods .

Is it worth a punt so? I have been meaning to get one for little repairs, I am a complete novice
I don’t think you will find a better value branded 160-190A welder cheaper than that anywhere, either online or in a shop during post Christmas sales.

If I hadn’t recently bought a Stamos 250A, I’d definitely take a punt on that welder. A buddy has a panini generator and it’s a very solid well built piece of kit.

Would it be legit at E99 ? Youd give that for 4 boxes of rods .

The website looks pretty legit, so I’m guessing it is. Haven’t bought off IGE before but I don’t see anything on there to cause me to think they are dodgy - perhaps someone who has bought from them could better qualify that.

Back