Fertilizer Price Tracker

I've only read it quickly but if the price per kg of N is around 2euro and the price per tonne of wheat is say 240euro then N should be reduced by 40/50 kg of N per ha. Am I reading this correctly?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211110-103738_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20211110-103738_Drive.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 35
I've only read it quickly but if the price per kg of N is around 2euro and the price per tonne of wheat is say 240euro then N should be reduced by 40/50 kg of N per ha. Am I reading this correctly?
That is correct, wheat @ £200 and N @ £1.75 then optimum amount of N will reduce by 40kg/ha over when wheat is £150 and N is £0.75.
Knowing where the optimum N on your own crop, year and land is still a bit difficult to get right, but it does offer a very good guide for farmers.

Just keep in mind that these are dry wheat prices and the response curve will be different for W.B. and S.B.

What are lads doing about next years fertiliser (crops)?, wait and see, buy % now, already bought ?

Tried to get a price a month ago and couldn't now the numbers are high but what's the likelihood they will drop by march or april, merchant says nitrogen will be the problem and is recommending buying now.

What are lads doing about next years fertiliser (crops)?, wait and see, buy % now, already bought ?

Tried to get a price a month ago and couldn't now the numbers are high but what's the likelihood they will drop by march or april, merchant says nitrogen will be the problem and is recommending buying now.
The way things are at the moment prices wont drop until june I I rekon ,
Theres less being made
The spring demand hasnt started yet

It will be bad news for people when the penny drops that food prices will soar.
Do the general public or even farmers, know what is ahead next year with fert prices, all grassland in my part of the country I honestly think farmers won’t pay or can’t afford the jump in fert prices. Can only see this end with a major fodder shortage for winter 22/23. Will be lads making a lot less silage and buy bales instead and I can’t see there been any bales for sale.
I’ve never taken pig slurry before but I’ve 5 artic loads coming in next 2 weeks if I can spread in January I’ll keep the artics coming.

Do the general public or even farmers, know what is ahead next year with fert prices, all grassland in my part of the country I honestly think farmers won’t pay or can’t afford the jump in fert prices. Can only see this end with a major fodder shortage for winter 22/23. Will be lads making a lot less silage and buy bales instead and I can’t see there been any bales for sale.
I’ve never taken pig slurry before but I’ve 5 artic loads coming in next 2 weeks if I can spread in January I’ll keep the artics coming.
Without being overly nosey, is the pig slurry for free other than the cost of haulage or are the piggeries charging for it nowadays?

Without being overly nosey, is the pig slurry for free other than the cost of haulage or are the piggeries charging for it nowadays?
Free round here but can see a delievery charge starting and given the price of fert they will charge something for it.
In a bad year, round here they would be glad to go anywhere with it

Free round here but can see a delievery charge starting and given the price of fert they will charge something for it.
In a bad year, round here they would be glad to go anywhere with it
Same around me up to now but can see it changing also. Mate of mine was using a good share of it, but to be honest, he doesn't put any value on his own time drawing it. Up to now, if he factored in a cost for his own time etc, he would have been better off buying bagged fertiliser on a cost basis. That will probably change now though with fertiliser three times the price it was.

It will be bad news for people when the penny drops that food prices will soar.
It'll be too late to do anything by the time the penny drops.

We've had the bones of two generations where cheap, plentiful food is regarded as a right and food is bought with the expectation that, if it goes off, they'll be able to buy more tomorrow just as cheap.

They might have to downsize to a cheaper hotel for their two weeks in Majorca with a bit less cash in their pockets but there's nobody going to starve, here anyway. It's going to be a different story elsewhere though.

It'll be interesting to see food security being discussed again.

It'll be too late to do anything by the time the penny drops.

We've had the bones of two generations where cheap, plentiful food is regarded as a right and food is bought with the expectation that, if it goes off, they'll be able to buy more tomorrow just as cheap.

They might have to downsize to a cheaper hotel for their two weeks in Majorca with a bit less cash in their pockets but there's nobody going to starve, here anyway. It's going to be a different story elsewhere though.

It'll be interesting to see food security being discussed again.
I’ve been telling a few friends of mine that prices for food are going up. They have good jobs and don’t care. Few of the younger ones that have big house repayments and child care to pay for will be a little more stretched alright

As long as they don't start eating the silage
Let them eat cake.
13-OLS-US-Sheep-Cake-Supplement.jpg

Back