Covid 19

actually the WOKE are hardcore in favour of severe restrictions and state over reach. most were into that " we can be zero " fantasy from earlier in the year

its those of us who value liberty who are opposed , good luck trying to get six year olds to wear masks , even it was ebola we were dealing with , i wouldnt put money on a teacher succeeding .
my point about the blind spot needs to be dealt with, no point closing pubs and night clubs 2 hours early is there when it achieves nothing except a silly token gesture, schools need to be closed so if that’s where the issue is and Spreading events are, but eh hang on let’s not go there……

people need to realise we need to live with COVID, nothing is ever going to change unless we get a better vaccine that can handle delta and delta plus, this is going to be every year/winter till that vaccine occurs or we get another variation on the virus and something else changes hopefully for the better

it’s only a mask, what’s the problem, kids are spreading it and that’s a fairly clear fact from the HSE’s 5-12 year olds stats.

if your kids lived in any other country they would be wearing masks full stop and they would be used to it. People here are too precious and full of wokeism in this country. We’re not talking Austria here, it’s just a mask……
Think the above rather proves my point really .

Are some people that scared of covid that they feel we should mask junior infants and make them do antigen tests before attending school ?

Am heading out later for a few pints and hopefully a game of cards .No masks ,certs etc with people sitting at the bar and no one has contacted it yet .Like that here since the Summer .

my point about the blind spot needs to be dealt with, no point closing pubs and night clubs 2 hours early is there when it achieves nothing except a silly token gesture, schools need to be closed so if that’s where the issue is and Spreading events are, but eh hang on let’s not go there……

people need to realise we need to live with COVID, nothing is ever going to change unless we get a better vaccine that can handle delta and delta plus, this is going to be every year/winter till that vaccine occurs or we get another variation on the virus and something else changes hopefully for the better

Thats an old story at this stage ie its all the schools (fruit pickers ,unvaccinated ,tourists ,yanks ,Cheltenham ,pubs ,nursing homes ,holiday goers ,students ,house party's , ??????????????????????????? )fault .

That’s
Think the above rather proves my point really .

Are some people that scared of covid that they feel we should mask junior infants and make them do antigen tests before attending school ?

Am heading out later for a few pints and hopefully a game of cards .No masks ,certs etc with people sitting at the bar and no one has contacted it yet .Like that here since the Summer

and like that here in my local, but play the ball not the man….

It’s not like that in a nursing home or if your already sick with an underlying issue. I never said anybody was scared of COVID, but the hospitals are overwhelmed as a result or maybe you missed that on the news. Covid is delaying other health care such as cancer, cardiac care etc. So if a few kids have to wear a mask at school so those who are really sick in society can get some care what’s the problem…but sure the adults don’t wear masks most of the time so why would the kids….

" we need to live with COVID "

agree , where we disagree is how

you cant outrun this thing , just allow it run through the population , the old and frail can remain indoor but only if they wish , my mother is seventy three , never stopped doing anything she was already doing throughout the crisis , her choice

Thats an old story at this stage ie its all the schools (fruit pickers ,unvaccinated ,tourists ,yanks ,Cheltenham ,pubs ,nursing homes ,holiday goers ,students ,house party's , ??????????????????????????? )fault .
Bit of a trend there isn’t there…..

" we need to live with COVID "

agree , where we disagree is how

you cant outrun this thing , just allow it run through the population , the old and frail can remain indoor but only if they wish , my mother is seventy three , never stopped doing anything she was already doing throughout the crisis , her choice
Never said outrun, thats Your interpretation. Live with means permanently until a new vaccine as I said above

That’s

and like that here in my local, but play the ball not the man….

It’s not like that in a nursing home or if your already sick with an underlying issue. I never said anybody was scared of COVID, but the hospitals are overwhelmed as a result or maybe you missed that on the news. Covid is delaying other health care such as cancer, cardiac care etc. So if a few kids have to wear a mask at school so those who are really sick in society can get some care what’s the problem…but sure the adults don’t wear masks most of the time so why would the kids….
the hospitals are overwhelmed because the health service here is a long standing basket case which politicians are unwilling to fix , luckily today they can claim ( and many seem to believe it ) that the people not vaccinated are the reason for our chronicly dysfunctional HSE

the hospitals are overwhelmed because the health service here is a long standing basket case which politicians are unwilling to fix , luckily today they can claim ( and many seem to believe it ) that the people not vaccinated are the reason for our chronicly dysfunctional HSE
agreed, they are hiring more new swabbers To tell us how many cases of COVID we have instead of putting that budget into treating it

reid is on 420k a year plus extras, you would think he would know what he was doing with a 22bn budget for health

by the way that is one third of the total tax intake in this country

the common flu doesnt have a perfectly effective vaccine , could take decades to discover a covid vaccine which keeps Tony Hollohan satisfied with case numbers
Yes because we (society) via a useless government empower that. he’s a government advisor that we all sit down to watch on the six o’clock news, we shouldn’t even know his name nevermind what he looks like

They are letting it run through us, just they're trying to manage the rate it happens
other countries are doing the same but they opened up fully during the summer to take advantage of the better weather to do that like the UK, we opened up too late and now we’re seeing the fallout of that

agreed, they are hiring more new swabbers To tell us how many cases of COVID we have instead of putting that budget into treating it

reid is on 420k a year plus extras, you would think he would know what he was doing with a 22bn budget for health

The budget for health does not include the insurance and private medical bills we pay.

BTW , most would hang , draw and quarter me for my views on reforming the HSE

would involve shutting many regional hospitals , the cure is worse than the disease when it comes to the health service so nothing will ever be done , most people dont want it fixed as they want their Roscommons and Portlaoise generals

The budget for health does not include the insurance and private medical bills we pay.
Agreed, Never said it did, that’s on top of their budget. Total tax take is 65bn, one third to health, one third to welfare and the rest runs the country

and then we supplement budgets by paying privately to “speed” the service up

or you could look at it another way, the hospitals are overwhelmed because to many people have covid because they won't listen to the advice they are given, people need to take individual responsibility instead of blaming someone else. If people done what they are asked to do then the government won't need to step in and tell you what you need to do.

or you could look at it another way, the hospitals are overwhelmed because to many people have covid because they won't listen to the advice they are given, people need to take individual responsibility instead of blaming someone else. If people done what they are asked to do then the government won't need to step in and tell you what you need to do.
Also by the way GPs are to blame as they’ll see nobody without a COVID test so by the time that’s done its quicker just to go to A&E

they don’t want to lose out on their €30 referral fee

Last edited:
To be frank ,tuned out all that covid stuff for months .

Could have got it months ago ,no idea to be honest as have never been tested .Got the 2 shots and have my blue card ok but at this stage its kinda something that rarely impacts on my life .Have a mask in the wagon that I put on at the shop door and whip off as I leave and thats about the extent of it .

the government message is working out as they hoped I see

the locals were saying all their Xmas parties are being cancelled by hotels they booked, so yip the government message is working unfortunately

the anti life and happiness brigade 🤬

To be frank ,tuned out all that covid stuff for months .

Could have got it months ago ,no idea to be honest as have never been tested .Got the 2 shots and have my blue card ok but at this stage its kinda something that rarely impacts on my life .Have a mask in the wagon that I put on at the shop door and whip off as I leave and thats about the extent of it .
me too , I wear one in shops etc , wont wear one outside though , beit the school gate or wherever .

i wont be getting the booster , i never got the flu vaccine and they recommend you get the vaccine for that every year , it will be the same with this

Back