Treating Slurry

If you could imagine a outdoor cattle yard some days the dung would be reasonably stiff but if its drizzled all night the dung would be thin enough to pump there n then
Bound to affect the slurry to water to bugs ratio
But it doesn't matter. The bugs grow on the slurry, not the water. So all of the water in the world won't make less of them.

But it doesn't matter. The bugs grow on the slurry, not the water. So all of the water in the world won't make less of them.
Recommend me a brand to use then I tried 2 different brands a cheap 1 and a expensive 1 and neither worked

Recommend me a brand to use then I tried 2 different brands a cheap 1 and a expensive 1 and neither worked

If you could imagine a outdoor cattle yard some days the dung would be reasonably stiff but if its drizzled all night the dung would be thin enough to pump there n then
Bound to affect the slurry to water to bugs ratio
Shouldn't make any difference. You have the same amount of bugs and the same amount of shit, just one case is thick and the other is runny.

Shouldn't make any difference. You have the same amount of bugs and the same amount of shit, just one case is thick and the other is runny.
it still doesnt work here
i want it to work but i cant get them to work

Got a drum of this the other day €300 is it just drop it a couple of spots throughout the tank, I was going to put half in now and another in a few weeks, no instructions really on the drum as to what's best.

Attachments

• IMG_20211112_103239.jpg
    IMG_20211112_103239.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 114
Got a drum of this the other day €300 is it just drop it a couple of spots throughout the tank, I was going to put half in now and another in a few weeks, no instructions really on the drum as to what's best.
what quantity are you going treating for €300? How have you arrived at buying such an expensive product without guidance from the seller or instructions on the drum. I would be suspect about more than a few of these products on the market

what quantity are you going treating for €300? How have you arrived at buying such an expensive product without guidance from the seller or instructions on the drum. I would be suspect about more than a few of these products on the market
There's instructions as to how much it will treat etc, I'm just wondering what way lads found it worked best, I'm friends with the lad I bought it off and just waiting for him to forward on the instructions he has for it. I just bought it as I have a shed that is hard to agitate unless you put a tractor inside which I'd rather not, that drum will do that shed for two years and if it does work it will be money well spent and if it doesn't well €300 won't break me.

price i got for digest it was 270plus vat to treat 100000 gallons, against the slurry bugs at 170 plus vat? to treat 150000 gallons. think im going with the bugs again as i do see a benefit in time saved mixing but it does need water to work in the tank.

Any effluent or detergents getting in will have a negative effect
Only thing going in bar slurry and straw is formalin
Say 25-30l per 220000gall of slurry
Both manufacturers I tried said that amount wouldnt affect the bugs🤷‍♂️

What's the story with potentially locking up copper from using these products?
We are high molybdenum here so have to be careful

Haven't heard of a problem re molybdenum. Have used digest it and trying slurry gold this year.were very hi molibnium and iron area here to. lakelands tech man would have said no if there's a problem

Do they change the pH? I didn't think they did. The issue with lime and molybdenum is that when you bring pH to 6.4, it increases the available molybdenum in soil and grass for grazing cattle and this prevents the uptake of cu. The idea of treating slurry is to prevent loss of nitrates to the atmosphere so that more is available to grow grass as opposed to changing the soil itself by altering pH.

Last edited:
This is what I was referring to
Aye right sorry there, refer back to muckys post no 32 on previous page.
It doesn't say how much sulphur but if you have high molibnium dont add sulphur to the mix to make copper lock up worse and particular like here where high iron is also involved.
Sulphur has its place and does a great job .......but in certain places better without it

Put slurry gold for pig slurry into a tank last year worked well. mixed a 2.5kg tub into a 150x45x8ft tank by putting 100grams into a bucket of warm water over 25buckets used and needed little or no mixing with no crust and very good grass growth all this year.
have done it this year also but manufacturer has told me to put 1.5kg in now and when porkers go out in 3 months do the same again to top it up for rest of the year. i will do beef tanks in the in comming weeks with slurry gold for cattle slurry. Farmcare in enniskillen are the manfacturers and seem to be switched on and are at bugs a fair few years now.

Put slurry gold for pig slurry into a tank last year worked well. mixed a 2.5kg tub into a 150x45x8ft tank by putting 100grams into a bucket of warm water over 25buckets used and needed little or no mixing with no crust and very good grass growth all this year.
have done it this year also but manufacturer has told me to put 1.5kg in now and when porkers go out in 3 months do the same again to top it up for rest of the year. i will do beef tanks in the in comming weeks with slurry gold for cattle slurry. Farmcare in enniskillen are the manfacturers and seem to be switched on and are at bugs a fair few years now.
Was talking to mark and his father.there based in bellanleck.father told me there selling it for last 11 years.not sure if they are just importers / distributors of it though

Ian was in the yard last week with bugs seem to know what was what about bugs. Was saying different bugs used for cattle slurry than pig slurry.

'Effectove microorganisms' sounds a bit like 'wet water' I'd expect to see a bit more detail to the products contstituents than that.

Is the molasses food for the bugs til they hit the slurry?

Our advisor told me there’s a product that comes in a power form and every month you scatter it on the slats and it works it’s way into the tank. No idea of the name of it.

Back