Cattle handling facilities

I seen one of these last week, it's over 8000 euro incl VAT, what stood out is it only one side squeezes in. @headcase and @AYF have Morris crushes, I'm not sure if they are squeeze crushes or not. Morris will sell you one direct.

Is it a manual squeeze or air you got .
I bought a clipex one this year, really had my heart set on an arrowquip but their prices had doubled since last year. Like everything else in this world I should have bought last year.

It's a great job for weighting compared to trying to get them to stand on the scales in a crush. New box has Bluetooth so the weight comes up on your phone and you type in the animals number, very handy for beep scheme. Squeeze is a good job for castrating bull weanlings with vet gate at the rear. Headscoop is also handy for dosing and replacing tags or if you had to treat a sore eye.

There was a new company selling arrowquip in the north and they gave me prices on a Monday, I said I'd be up on Friday and in between they sent me a list of revised prices with higher prices so I didn't bother and went to look at the clipex instead. Vet gate and headscoop is standard on the clipex and extra on the arrowquip. But the headscoop on arrowquip looks better to use.

Like I said if I'd got my arse in gear last year there would be an arrowquip in the yard. But very happy I bought one regardless of make.

I seen one of these last week, it's over 8000 euro incl VAT, what stood out is it only one side squeezes in. @headcase and @AYF have Morris crushes, I'm not sure if they are squeeze crushes or not. Morris will sell you one direct.

Mine is a manual squeeze

What weighing system is fitted to it .
I bought a clipex one this year, really had my heart set on an arrowquip but their prices had doubled since last year. Like everything else in this world I should have bought last year.

It's a great job for weighting compared to trying to get them to stand on the scales in a crush. New box has Bluetooth so the weight comes up on your phone and you type in the animals number, very handy for beep scheme. Squeeze is a good job for castrating bull weanlings with vet gate at the rear. Headscoop is also handy for dosing and replacing tags or if you had to treat a sore eye.

There was a new company selling arrowquip in the north and they gave me prices on a Monday, I said I'd be up on Friday and in between they sent me a list of revised prices with higher prices so I didn't bother and went to look at the clipex instead. Vet gate and headscoop is standard on the clipex and extra on the arrowquip. But the headscoop on arrowquip looks better to use.

Like I said if I'd got my arse in gear last year there would be an arrowquip in the yard. But very happy I bought one regardless of make.

As I'm trying to fit it round existing infrastructure I'm pretty limited to it's drsign anyway. But in my head, from watching Temple Grandin and so on, it should work!

Yes the yoke lever is the wrong side. Tbh I'll have a gander and see can it be modified to dual control!

Opening does make sense then.

Anyone know a firm that makes just race side hurdles?

One side will run allong a stone wall, before kicking out into the crush.
What's best, plaster the wall smooth, or have a proper side to the race?
Our race is made from crash barriers both sides one side is against a wall the space behind the barrier is useful for putting stuff in (clippers dosing guns etc) out of the way while moving stock in and out

Reactions: AYF
Does anyone know who makes that gate or got close up images of its mechanism? Would be more suited for what I'm currently building than a sliding gate.
How do I get in contact with MEP - their website doesn't work.
Or would anyone have drawings of how they work?

Back