Ford/New Holland

The joystick is on the right hand side of the dash. It's pretty much in line with the forward/reverse lever so your hand just goes from one to the other.

Never found it an issue but then we were coming from a 4610 where the levers were mounted on the windscreen!
But you could change from forward to reverse with your left hand on the 4610, couldn't you?
There was a TS100 dual power near here with the right hand side shuttle and the owner had the loader joystick fitted at the left hand side.

7840 issues. front park light on left hand side doesnt want to work. 2 brake lights also dont want to work. brake lights work on trailer fine so the switch in the pedal is working. fuses are fine. they're not receiving power. bad wires im thinking unless im jumping the gun there?
Did you get anywhere sorting this?
Have you ruled out a bad earth?

Did you get anywhere sorting this?
Have you ruled out a bad earth?
keeps getting a bit more confusing. probably is a bad earth somewhere. yesterday the park light started working again. didnt have a look at it today to see if had decided to not work again. brake lights still an issue

remember the last bnm auction, couple t6070's with electroshift and had bar axles. judging by the fresh paint, looks like this one came from there
Terror what some fresh paint and cleaning up can do.

But you could change from forward to reverse with your left hand on the 4610, couldn't you?
There was a TS100 dual power near here with the right hand side shuttle and the owner had the loader joystick fitted at the left hand side.

Oh yes, straight shuttle between 6th and high reverse!

I drove a tractor that a similar setup, for the life of me I cannot remember what but I think it was a Fiat 90 series and possibly a wan ten.

I used to do the same when we had a 7740 with a loader, you get used to it, but I often did consider relocating the forward reverse lever to the left hand side of the dash, with the cable it should be easy enough but ended up trading the tractor before it materialised.
How do you manage with the 9880 @nashmach ?
My 7740 setup, short move from F/R lever to the joystick, left hand stays on the steering.IMG_20220104_103016.jpg

Oh yes, straight shuttle between 6th and high reverse!

I drove a tractor that a similar setup, for the life of me I cannot remember what but I think it was a Fiat 90 series and possibly a wan ten.
Oh I thought your 4610 was column change with the high, low, reverse lever to the left.
When we had a Q cab 7610 H pattern, I fitted a loader for a short time when the 6600 was out of action. I thought it would've been a great idea to have had the small gear stick for high, low & reverse to the left like the 3cyl models as I often found myself having to change the 2 gearsticks and using the left hand for the smaller one.

All on the right on the Zetor 10641 here . The joystick is mounted off the seat base , which is ideal . Elbow stays on the armrest . Red knob is backwards /forwards. I've often changed direction using left hand , using loader controls with right hand , and it's not hard to do .

Joystick up beside dash or front window is the work of the devil .

20220104_112745.jpg

Oh I thought your 4610 was column change with the high, low, reverse lever to the left.
When we had a Q cab 7610 H pattern, I fitted a loader for a short time when the 6600 was out of action. I thought it would've been a great idea to have had the small gear stick for high, low & reverse to the left like the 3cyl models as I often found myself having to change the 2 gearsticks and using the left hand for the smaller one.

No straight floor change 8x2!

All on the right on the Zetor 10641 here . The joystick is mounted off the seat base , which is ideal . Elbow stays on the armrest . Red knob is backwards /forwards. I've often changed direction using left hand , using loader controls with right hand , and it's not hard to do .

Joystick up beside dash or front window is the work of the devil .

View attachment 101548

That cannot be a dairy farmers tractor, a grease gun none the less....

That cannot be a dairy farmers tractor, a grease gun none the less....

I had to keep changing position a few times , before I took that pic . That's the barest part of the floor .

I d grease the loader , and shear grab every week . Maybe twice .
As I was putting in silage this evening , it appears I change direction with my left hand , and keep my right on loader joystick .

I have 3 grease guns I'll have you know . 🤨All cheapys . Toptul, etc , but work fine . Left in strategic places, then I'll use them .
A lad I know was clearing out his shed and found three old grease guns, gave them to me. They were so old they didn’t take a cartridge, you just sucked up grease from a pail. The grease in them was like tar, was afraid to use it on anything other than digger bushes, made an attempt to fill it afterwards but fired it into a box quickly enough. Handy to have one on certain things, I’d grease the turnover shaft on the plough twice daily for example. But found leaving the gun in the tractor everything gets stuck to it and grease stuck to everything in the tractor. So I have a few guns that were around the place hung on a few machines.

A lad I know was clearing out his shed and found three old grease guns, gave them to me. They were so old they didn’t take a cartridge, you just sucked up grease from a pail. The grease in them was like tar, was afraid to use it on anything other than digger bushes, made an attempt to fill it afterwards but fired it into a box quickly enough. Handy to have one on certain things, I’d grease the turnover shaft on the plough twice daily for example. But found leaving the gun in the tractor everything gets stuck to it and grease stuck to everything in the tractor. So I have a few guns that were around the place hung on a few machines.

Yea I hated having it in the tractor and didn’t fit in the toolbox so I hang it in a bit of a pto gaurd on the step. Taught it be in the way but never an issue and never seen anyone hitting it getting in and out. Only once in the last 3 years has a cartridge unscrewed snd fell off somewhere. The biggest problem is as it’s so easily accessible other drives take it sometimes and use it and leave it back when the cartridge is empty. Boils my blood. I do carry a spare cartridge in the manual holder on the front mower so handy enough.
54DB878C-EE0F-44AF-A31E-E40B1C62D23D.png

Tony is very sound, a lot of our customers have bought tractors off him throughout the years and never had any issue that weren't looked after. I would get odd bits and pieces off him, If I was in the market for a tractor that size I would have no problem with buying off him

Back