Bord bia

Mf240

Something ive been think about lately.

Should bord bia not be advising farmers and helping them get compliance. Rather than inspecting and trying to catch out.

Are we not all on the same team , selling irish food.

Should bord bia not be advising farmers and helping them get compliance. Rather than inspecting and trying to catch out.

Couldn't you make the same argument about the Department of Agriculture but it certainly don't work that way!!!

They can be helpful if they need you more than you need them. I joined Bord Bia to qualify for the Beam Scheme, it was up for renewal in the summer and I don't need it, the only reason for renewing it was because there was talk about it being needed for the next round of CAP. I started to complete it but each time my interest in it waned and must have missed about 4 deadlines but they kept giving me extra time. I said I started it, I might as well complete it now. I found them very helpful to get me through it.

They can be helpful if they need you more than you need them. I joined Bord Bia to qualify for the Beam Scheme, it was up for renewal in the summer and I don't need it, the only reason for renewing it was because there was talk about it being needed for the next round of CAP. I started to complete it but each time my interest in it waned and must have missed about 4 deadlines but they kept giving me extra time. I said I started it, I might as well complete it now. I found them very helpful to get me through it.
Same here, tbh. We kept postponing it as we expected to be depopulated so couldn't see the point. Eventually we decided to make a burst and passed it but the guy we were dealing with was very accommodating through it all.

Ended up being pointless as we were depopulated anyway but we don't have to worry about it again until 2023.

We have to be in it as our milk won't be collected unless we join.

Just wondering the guys on here that aren't in bordbia do you ever get dept of agri checks? Back just before covid we had a bordbia audit. The person doing it was sound and we were chatting away. They said they are 2 questions off been a full dept check and that the dept can view your file when they see fit.

I’ve had a department check back in 2017 lad walked all the land and checked my sheep, actually just 50 sheep looked at flock register and herd register didn’t look at cattle or any sheds. We have a nice bit of land so it was a 2 day job.
Was much easier than the bord bia check the lad just worked away by himself.
But I be hoping if bord bia are happy the dept won’t annoy me

I’ve had a department check back in 2017 lad walked all the land and checked my sheep, actually just 50 sheep looked at flock register and herd register didn’t look at cattle or any sheds. We have a nice bit of land so it was a 2 day job.
Was much easier than the bord bia check the lad just worked away by himself.
But I be hoping if bord bia are happy the dept won’t annoy me
That's what I'd be thinking too

I have not been bird BIA assured for about 6 years and haven't seen any inspection since .I intend re joining now as farming has changed here again
I was hoping the inspection would go online shortly with the rise in covid, Apparently it's easier online

The dept can do a spot check on the auditor to make sure they are doing the thing right. They could pull up my file and visit me to make sure I wasn't getting away with stuff
WILL WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH ANYONE ELSE? 9.1 Your personal data may also be shared with the following third parties: Third party Reason for sharing data CoOps/processors/Marketing Organisations With regard to the following schemes: SDAS, SEAS, PpQAS, SPpAS, HQAS, and SHAS third parties including Co-ops/Processors/Marketing Bord Bia Quality Management System Rev 03 10 Organisations, that act on your behalf, are provided with non-compliance reports in order to: • provide assistance in closing-out noncompliances using the Bord Bia QAS database Or • Use the results of the audit for purposes agreed between you and the third party. External Third Parties Independent contractors/service providers/third party consultants who assist with the certification process. Service providers acting as processors based in Ireland and the EEA who provide IT and system administration services. Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in Ireland and the EEA who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services to Bord Bia. Regulators and other authorities based Ireland and/or the EEA in circumstances where are required by law (or under the terms of the Scheme) to process your personal data. 9.2 Please note that the above list may be amended from time to time and this Privacy Statement will be amended to reflect these changes. 9.3 We require all third parties to have appropriate technical and operational security measures in place to protect your personal data, in line with Irish and EU laws on data protection. Any such company or individual will have access to personal information needed to perform these functions but may not use it for any other purpose. 9.4 We may pass on your details if we are under a duty to disclose or share a data subject's personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. 9.5 We need to demonstrate accountability for our data protection obligations. This means that we must be able to show how we comply with the data protection rules, and that we have in fact complied with the rules. We do this, among other ways, by our written policies and procedures, by building data protection compliance into our systems and business Bord Bia Quality Management System Rev 03 11 rules, by internally monitoring our data protection compliance and keeping it under review, and by taking action if our employees or contractors fail to follow the rules. We also have certain obligations in relation to keeping records about our data processing.

WILL WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH ANYONE ELSE? 9.1 Your personal data may also be shared with the following third parties: Third party Reason for sharing data CoOps/processors/Marketing Organisations With regard to the following schemes: SDAS, SEAS, PpQAS, SPpAS, HQAS, and SHAS third parties including Co-ops/Processors/Marketing Bord Bia Quality Management System Rev 03 10 Organisations, that act on your behalf, are provided with non-compliance reports in order to: • provide assistance in closing-out noncompliances using the Bord Bia QAS database Or • Use the results of the audit for purposes agreed between you and the third party. External Third Parties Independent contractors/service providers/third party consultants who assist with the certification process. Service providers acting as processors based in Ireland and the EEA who provide IT and system administration services. Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in Ireland and the EEA who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services to Bord Bia. Regulators and other authorities based Ireland and/or the EEA in circumstances where are required by law (or under the terms of the Scheme) to process your personal data. 9.2 Please note that the above list may be amended from time to time and this Privacy Statement will be amended to reflect these changes. 9.3 We require all third parties to have appropriate technical and operational security measures in place to protect your personal data, in line with Irish and EU laws on data protection. Any such company or individual will have access to personal information needed to perform these functions but may not use it for any other purpose. 9.4 We may pass on your details if we are under a duty to disclose or share a data subject's personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. 9.5 We need to demonstrate accountability for our data protection obligations. This means that we must be able to show how we comply with the data protection rules, and that we have in fact complied with the rules. We do this, among other ways, by our written policies and procedures, by building data protection compliance into our systems and business Bord Bia Quality Management System Rev 03 11 rules, by internally monitoring our data protection compliance and keeping it under review, and by taking action if our employees or contractors fail to follow the rules. We also have certain obligations in relation to keeping records about our data processing.
Always read the fine print

Always read the fine print
going by above they can share it with whoever they feel like. Very open ended. Since the department of agri contribute to there running costs i would hazard they have access to it too. Was a court case in last year or two where bord bia contacted the department when they were not happy with a farm audit and both farmer and farmer vet got in trouble.

Had the inspection today and have to install a calving gate, only 15 sucklers here. Now I've been on to get one for a long time as it happens so I dont mind but it seems an odd requirement for a quality scheme

Safety has become a bigger thing with the audit in recent years .

An essential item to calve cows , sucklers especially.
Ah they're a gift for management and safety, we've gotten away with murder here with unassisted calvings over the years, it just hasn't been needed but for getting a calf to suck or anything like that they are very handy.

Its more a blurred line of what bord bia should and do have an interest in really

Had the inspection today and have to install a calving gate, only 15 sucklers here. Now I've been on to get one for a long time as it happens so I dont mind but it seems an odd requirement for a quality scheme
Think it’s just a new thing they added so they could put down a minor fault as they were running out of stuff…. Neighbour is purely dry stock never a calf in the place in 20 years bar one of ours broke in and they put a mark on him once for not having calves tagged in timely manner 😂😂

Dont know what we did but apparently we are scoring excellently so they are giving us 2 years rather 18 months based on a text during the last few days.

Back