Building costs.

Rusty Spade

We're doing a bit of looking at putting up a new calf shed and was wondering if anyone has done a bit of costing or know somewhere that gives out rough costs per meter squared?

Anything online is a waste of time given the way materials have gone in the past 12 months.

You might be better off giving us a rough idea of what you are thinking of.

Cladding is /has gone up again.

Reactions: AYF
Will lads have to build more tanks for the new rules. Will this add to demand.

Everything seems to be going up

£6/squared foot for the shed alone isn't out of the way. Delivery and currency changes will add a few bob onto it as well of course.

Thanks for that.

I'll probably get a local lad to put up whatever I get but just need to sort out a basic price for the job before we start to see if we could add on an extra bay to future proof ourselves a bit.

140x60 would be ideal. What height would you need for tipping trailers
A 20ftlong X8ft high is around 23ft diagonally, plus say 3ft for the wheels under it(allowing the back of trailer will dip slightly) you’d need 26ft to clear, but it depends on what your tipping, whole grain will run out at a shallower angle than say a ration.

A 20ftlong X8ft high is around 23ft diagonally, plus say 3ft for the wheels under it(allowing the back of trailer will dip slightly) you’d need 26ft to clear, but it depends on what your tipping, whole grain will run out at a shallower angle than say a ration.
Would be dry grain, what would be the difference in ft eve to apex? Would 20ft eve be 26ft apex in general?

Would be dry grain, what would be the difference in ft eve to apex? Would 20ft eve be 26ft apex in general?
Roof pitch is usually 12 or 15 deg.

Just looking at the cutting sheet for the 28ft wide shed here and the gable sheets went from 1.58m up to 2.75m so an increase in height of 1.17m from the eve to the ridge

£6/squared foot for the shed alone isn't out of the way. Delivery and currency changes will add a few bob onto it as well of course.

Thanks for that.

I'll probably get a local lad to put up whatever I get but just need to sort out a basic price for the job before we start to see if we could add on an extra bay to future proof ourselves a bit.
roughly how much would the concrete walls and floor cost for something like that?

so 50k shed plus labour
75k erected?
Between everything, we'd be looking at a ballpark of 80k euros for a smaller shed than that one, finished. The question we need ourselves to answer is if we should go an extra 10k for another span and take the hit early and have the straw storage right next to the animals for a couple of years.

Back