Daily weather forecast update

Ah now, whatever about Jean's style, I had not realised she was 50 or possibly a little more.

Fair play to her if she felt financially secure to retire that early.
Fair play to her I say. Will miss her doh. Few big names after leaving the met office this past while that we all nearly grew up watching

Ah now, whatever about Jean's style, I had not realised she was 50 or possibly a little more.

Fair play to her if she felt financially secure to retire that early.
Their well enough paid, between their own wages and the TV presenting allowance on top of that, won’t see many farmers financially secure enough to retire at that age

Their well enough paid, between their own wages and the TV presenting allowance on top of that, won’t see many farmers financially secure enough to retire at that age

I dont think that is a fair comment. It's not an easy course, most do a good 6 years in college and then the job opportunities are limited.

I didnt think the media allowance was that much, it involves unsociable hours. People think it's all well and good on telly in nice clothes looking glam but I'm sure at 6am and 11.55pm doing the radio reports it's far from it.

Fair play to her I say. Will miss her doh. Few big names after leaving the met office this past while that we all nearly grew up watching

We are just getting old lad!

Jean, Evelyn, winking Gerry, John "The Eagle", Dr Aidan Nulty, Joan Blackburn, Dr John Doyle (?), Vincent O'Shea.

Anyone else I've missed?

I dont think that is a fair comment. It's not an easy course, most do a good 6 years in college and then the job opportunities are limited.

I didnt think the media allowance was that much, it involves unsociable hours. People think it's all well and good on telly in nice clothes looking glam but I'm sure at 6am and 11.55pm doing the radio reports it's far from it.
I think it is a fair comment, the TV presenters allowance is decent on top of a good wage, the vets I know for example who’ve studied longer are not earning that And stil arent After years of hard graft,

people enter it as a vocation as that’s what they want to do and accept the long study that comes with it, I’ve studied meteorology as part of my career albeit nothing compared to these guys and you would only do it by choice, not something you’d fall into per se.

Met Eireann is part of the public service, Dept of Housing, local government and Heritage, they enjoy all the benefits and protections of the same dont Forget. It ain’t the same person doing the radio report in the morning and the evening live in a warm office so that’s a bit of a misrepresentation….

best of luck to her in her retirement and I thought she was a good presenter ignoring the fashion show but she’s in a very privileged position to be able to retire in her early 50’s

I think it is a fair comment, the TV presenters allowance is decent on top of a good wage, the vets I know for example who’ve studied longer are not earning that And stil arent After years of hard graft,

people enter it as a vocation as that’s what they want to do and accept the long study that comes with it, I’ve studied meteorology as part of my career albeit nothing compared to these guys and you would only do it by choice, not something you’d fall into per se.

Met Eireann is part of the public service, Dept of Housing, local government and Heritage, they enjoy all the benefits and protections of the same dont Forget. It ain’t the same person doing the radio report in the morning and the evening live in a warm office so that’s a bit of a misrepresentation….

best of luck to her in her retirement and I thought she was a good presenter ignoring the fashion show but she’s in a very privileged position to be able to retire in her early 50’s
How about the vets in the factories, aren't they on a good number especially those that have "retired"?

How about the vets in the factories, aren't they on a good number especially those that have "retired"?
Probably are, don’t know any of them, if they’re “retired” are they effectively a contractor ..? Lucrative gig I’m sure

Back