Tri-axle Lowloader queries

Cj320

Hi everyone,
I am currently looking for a basic tri axle Lowloader for moving 10-20t diggers. Currently have a tri-axle herbst with manual ramps and hydraulic brakes that never gave any problems but with some rust now she is due a change.

It’s proving difficult finding all the details and varying price as there are so many manufacturers out there.

Have been looking for peoples recommendations so I have come here!

What have you bought and why? Good bad and ugly?

Few other questions,
1. what height?
2. What weight?
3. What angle is beaver tail?

Many thanks 😊

Some of the manufacturers

Herbst

Herron

Kane

A&W engineering

Hogg

Broughan

Power engineering

McKee

Slurrycat

K-quip

Red rock

Tuffmac

Euro spec

Tyrone trailers

Jpm

Sls

Barford

Nc

Cheiften

Depends what your after, you have mentioned alot of brands there but some of brands wouldn't come in as a basic loader in my opinion. Hogg and broughan for example would be definitely more high end and would have price tags to go with it. If its a standard basic loader chieftain or herbst probably as good as any.

Some of the manufacturers

Herbst

Herron

Kane

A&W engineering

Hogg

Broughan

Power engineering

McKee

Slurrycat

K-quip

Red rock

Tuffmac

Euro spec

Tyrone trailers

Jpm

Sls

Barford

Nc

Cheiften
Well I'll tell ya stay well away from hogg if you're in a rush for one, must have taken them at least 3 to 4 months to make it and they're not the easiest crowd to deal with or contact. Yourman I work for got one here, 32ft, Air and hydraulic brakes, heavily load it pulls so far would be the 2 13 tonne diggers. Not to impressed with the quality. The hubs of the axles are starting to rust already and it only a few months old, the stickers are also starting to fall off it, the eye of the trailer had to be lowered a bit too as it prevented the tails from lowering fully without having to back the tractor a bit. It does follow the tractor incredibly well though for a trailer with no steering axle, also the ramps can be widened or pulled in individually. Not the worst trailer but certainly not the best. 246127666_1609705822743648_8951761057089457554_n.jpgNot the best picture of it but I'll get one next time I'm at it.

Well I'll tell ya stay well away from hogg if you're in a rush for one, must have taken them at least 3 to 4 months to make it and they're not the easiest crowd to deal with or contact. Yourman I work for got one here, 32ft, Air and hydraulic brakes, heavily load it pulls so far would be the 2 13 tonne diggers. Not to impressed with the quality. The hubs of the axles are starting to rust already and it only a few months old, the stickers are also starting to fall off it, the eye of the trailer had to be lowered a bit too as it prevented the tails from lowering fully without having to back the tractor a bit. It does follow the tractor incredibly well though for a trailer with no steering axle, also the ramps can be widened or pulled in individually. Not the worst trailer but certainly not the best. View attachment 101816Not the best picture of it but I'll get one next time I'm at it.
To be fair. The axle hubs aren't likely to be down to Hogg. And stickers coming off isn't exactly a build quality issue either!?

To be fair. The axle hubs aren't likely to be down to Hogg. And stickers coming off isn't exactly a build quality issue either!?
No but if you're going to be giving the equivalent of a rigid beavertail truck you'd like to think parts of it wouldn't rust withing a few months of having it and it's not like it's being left out in the rain or anything. It's stored in a shed.

No but if you're going to be giving the equivalent of a rigid beavertail truck you'd like to think parts of it wouldn't rust withing a few months of having it and it's not like it's being left out in the rain or anything. It's stored in a shed.
I see what you mean. But the same hub caps are likely on all kinds of trucks and trailers. Not Hoggs fault.

Saying that, it's the test of a firm to do something about it.

Well I'll tell ya stay well away from hogg if you're in a rush for one, must have taken them at least 3 to 4 months to make it and they're not the easiest crowd to deal with or contact. Yourman I work for got one here, 32ft, Air and hydraulic brakes, heavily load it pulls so far would be the 2 13 tonne diggers. Not to impressed with the quality. The hubs of the axles are starting to rust already and it only a few months old, the stickers are also starting to fall off it, the eye of the trailer had to be lowered a bit too as it prevented the tails from lowering fully without having to back the tractor a bit. It does follow the tractor incredibly well though for a trailer with no steering axle, also the ramps can be widened or pulled in individually. Not the worst trailer but certainly not the best. View attachment 101816Not the best picture of it but I'll get one next time I'm at it.
I think you could be waiting over 12 months for the likes of a Dooley so 3-4 is quite good.

I think you could be waiting over 12 months for the likes of a Dooley so 3-4 is quite good.
What are the dooleys like out of curiosity. Only ever handled Farrellys silage trailers which are fairly old and battered at this stage. They're very tall and narrow which is goof for old gateways but not so good anywhere else. Its like pulling a boat behind the tractor, they're constantly swaying. Are the new ones any better?

certainly. 2 zaxis 130s. More often than it though it generally pulls one of the 130s with a 9 tonne dumper or just the 210 zaxis on it's own.
Its a fine looking rig, i met it on road before christmas. There must be serious weight in two 130s with buckets, muck etc. have moved a 235 kobelco in the past and i dont think id fancy much heavier behind me.

Have you any photo of the 2 on it, weight aside it must be a serious squeeze to fit them on.
I would have thought the first one would need about 24ft
I'll try find one. It's tight enough, the boom of the one at the rear sits out the back between the 2 ramps. A serious tail swing on it. Want to be watching the back and thinking about it all the time. The t7.250 manages it good enough though.

Its a fine looking rig, i met it on road before christmas. There must be serious weight in two 130s with buckets, muck etc. have moved a 235 kobelco in the past and i dont think id fancy much heavier behind me.
You'd want to be planning your journey and predicting your moves to say the least.😅

Where is there room on the front of that trailer for a second digger. Does the digger in front have the boom facing forward?
Yes I believe so. can't remember haven't pulled the 2 yet, father normally does it. I'm normally put just moving the digger and dumper together or pipes.

Back