Tri-axle Lowloader queries

Depends what your after, you have mentioned alot of brands there but some of brands wouldn't come in as a basic loader in my opinion. Hogg and broughan for example would be definitely more high end and would have price tags to go with it. If its a standard basic loader chieftain or herbst probably as good as any.
Yeah there just for reference..was thinking Barford. Has anyone got dealings with them? Read somewhere that herbst make them. Can’t be bad trailer if so, Anyone got prices recently on anything? Getting quotes from £18,250-22,000 plus vat seems prices have gone up a lot recently 😅

Yeah there just for reference..was thinking Barford. Has anyone got dealings with them? Read somewhere that herbst make them. Can’t be bad trailer if so, Anyone got prices recently on anything? Getting quotes from £18,250-22,000 plus vat seems prices have gone up a lot recently 😅
Well that hog was a couple thousand more than that. around the 30k mark.

Yes I believe so. can't remember haven't pulled the 2 yet, father normally does it. I'm normally put just moving the digger and dumper together or pipes.
I expect the second machine is sitting where the dumper is with arm out over the back machine? The only way I've seen 2 machines transported on that type of low loader. There wouldn't be room to have them back to back?
I've seen pics of 2 machines on a smaller trailer and I wouldn't fancy driving it across a yard never mind on a road. Can't find them now of course.

I expect the second machine is sitting where the dumper is with arm out over the back machine? The only way I've seen 2 machines transported on that type of low loader. There wouldn't be room to have them back to back?
I've seen pics of 2 machines on a smaller trailer and I wouldn't fancy driving it across a yard never mind on a road. Can't find them now of course.
ah it's not too bad. The tractor is much like a truck, has an exhaust brake and all. The air brakes on the trailer are also a great job. One thing that would be a bit nerve wrecking is if you're going a new route you'd want to be careful of the height and especially the monstrous tail swing on it.

Even if so you'd have to wonder how much weight is on the drawbar, that tractors hitch is rated for 3 tonnes.
it's surprisingly not that bad. I find the tractor sags more on the back end with the 20 tonne dump trailer rather than the 210 on it.

Priced a aw sls and hogg there lately
Sls paint isn't great and it's 3k dearer than the same spec aw. Hogg were talking shite on the phone so I gave up on them.dooley is a year broughan has no interest in low loaders didn't try smyth.see a power advertised in Kelly's. Seen a nice tri axle jpm which I will probably buy only have a 13ton and move a 225 hitachi the odd time

I don't see Lynch trailers on the list, I've seen the OPW with one, they used it for a couple of weeks and I see it parked up this long time, they had a Valtra towing it and I never seen it about since the trailer was parked up.

Them poor hoor`s have more money than sense . They bought a unimog for pulling that trailer aswell . The outfit spends more time parked than moving . The unimog isnt weight rated high enough or something to pull the trailer with a digger above 12 ton or something .
I don't see Lynch trailers on the list, I've seen the OPW with one, they used it for a couple of weeks and I see it parked up this long time, they had a Valtra towing it and I never seen it about since the trailer was parked up.

The traffic cops would be fairly busy if they stopped that outfit with 2 13 ton diggers on it I'd say!
should be nothing wrong the loder is rated at 30-33 tonne I think. There might be a hitatchi 245 or a zaxis 250 going on it soon enough. Not enough diggers for all the work at the minute l, wouldn't be surprised if another new low loader and tractor will be in the works by the end of the year.

should be nothing wrong the loder is rated at 30-33 tonne I think. There might be a hitatchi 245 or a zaxis 250 going on it soon enough. Not enough diggers for all the work at the minute l, wouldn't be surprised if another new low loader and tractor will be in the works by the end of the year.
I find it hard to see how it wouldn't exceed 3 ton on the hitch with a 13 ton excavator right at the front.

I find it hard to see how it wouldn't exceed 3 ton on the hitch with a 13 ton excavator right at the front.
I'm not too sure how it works. Seems to pull and lift it no bother. I'm assuming you're correct with the 3 tonne rating of the hitch, think the lift is rated just under 6 tonne. I'll check the plate again. Its not as heavy as it sounds when you see it all in action. It's a hard one to explain.

Back