Tri-axle Lowloader queries

You wil probably find that the tractor is plated for 35 Gross vehicle weight. 13+13+ 8 +6 is at 40 tonne. And I think those 13 toners weigh more than 13 .
They generally do. I'm not sure of the gross vehicle weight rating, I'll check it next time I'm at it. Its not like it's flat out pullingthe 2 diggers at once. Maybe once every month or 2.

Irish plates...😅
He must get away with it somehow. I suppose it is secure with all those straps!?

@MeathMassey3 do two loads from now on. Before you wind up in jail or worse having killed someone!
I don't be bringing the 2 at once so I won't have time worry about it. Heaviest I'd bring would be the 210 and that's only been the once so far.

In all seriousness now its not the worst outfit around. Sure look there's a lad up here with 6000 gallon tanker which does be all over the country on the back of a Fastrac doing 80kph. It's meant to weigh around 27 tonne full. Also the amount of lads going around pulling old 13 tonne diggers and sometimes dumpers too on tractors half the size of that one and old wrecks of trailers. How does it all work at all. When yourman was ordering the tanker he asked Red rock was it legal to which they responded they were unsure. Sure how could a lad know what's allowed and what's not with the likes of that going on. Naturally enough you'd assume if the low loader was rated at 32 tonne and the tractor twice the size of one that would normally pull a 14 tonne digger you'd be well able to pull twice the size a load. Not trying to defend anything just trying to explain where I'm coming from that's all.

Last edited:
Im well aware of who you are speaking of,but can’t understand why you think everyone else should know him,but im not sure he would like to hear you telling the world about him either or what hes at.
Sure the country knows the outfit. I've talked to lads in Wexford and Kerry who know of it and the eldest lad has the outfit plastered all over tik tok and clarkes had it all over Facebook when they sold it. Sure you'd want to be blind to miss the thing it's huge.

Last edited:
Im well aware of who you are speaking of,but can’t understand why you think everyone else should know him,but im not sure he would like to hear you telling the world about him either or what hes at.
There you go fixed. No point crucifying one lad and letting another go on with what he's at.

In all seriousness now its not the worst outfit around. Sure look there's a lad up here with 6000 gallon tanker which does be all over the country on the back of a Fastrac doing 80kph. It's meant to weigh around 27 tonne full. Also the amount of lads going around pulling old 13 tonne diggers and sometimes dumpers too on tractors half the size of that one and old wrecks of trailers. How does it all work at all. When yourman was ordering the tanker he asked Red rock was it legal to which they responded they were unsure. Sure how could a lad know what's allowed and what's not with the likes of that going on. Naturally enough you'd assume if the low loader was rated at 32 tonne and the tractor twice the size of one that would normally pull a 14 tonne digger you'd be well able to pull twice the size a load. Not trying to defend anything just trying to explain where I'm coming from that's all.
And they will be just as far up shit creek without a paddle if it all goes wrong.
Pulling isn't the issue. It's stopping

It's not a matter of "I hadn't noticed that bucket would take me 100kg over the weight" either.

6000g tanker will be heavier than that will have around 28t in it plus its own weight. Just cos you'd assume you can pull it doesn't mean it's going to be legal or safe.

And they will be just as far up shit creek without a paddle if it all goes wrong.
Pulling isn't the issue. It's stopping

It's not a matter of "I hadn't noticed that bucket would take me 100kg over the weight" either.
It stops no bother with it though. The tractor fully equipped with air brakes aswell as the trailer, it also has an exhaust brake too should you need it. As mentioned early my greatest concern would be the stress on the hitch, stopping it is not a problem, can be stopped as handy. As a comparison would take me longer to stop my uncles chieftain with its hydraulic brakes pulling the 13 tonne digger with a t140 Valtra. Again I'm not trying to make excuses, trying to figure out how to get it to the stage where its legal, has anyone the exact figures, would thd spoon hitch be of any benefit? It's a great outfit and works well just trying to figure out how to make it completely legal.👍

6000g tanker will be heavier than that will have around 28t in it plus its own weight. Just cos you'd assume you can pull it doesn't mean it's going to be legal or safe.
It's safe enough to stop and manouvere. It just doesn't seem to be falling under the legal category which I can't understand. Now that I think of it, it's easier to control that outfit than a 26ft broughan full of grain behind a 6250r. What are the figures on weight, I'm trying to find them on the RSA website but it keeps bringing me to trucks. Would seriously make you second guess all the large ouftits you see on the road.

It stops no bother with it though. The tractor fully equipped with air brakes aswell as the trailer, it also has an exhaust brake too should you need it. As mentioned early my greatest concern would be the stress on the hitch, stopping it is not a problem, can be stopped as handy. As a comparison would take me longer to stop my uncles chieftain with its hydraulic brakes pulling the 13 tonne digger with a t140 Valtra. Again I'm not trying to make excuses, trying to figure out how to get it to the stage where its legal, has anyone the exact figures, would thd spoon hitch be of any benefit? It's a great outfit and works well just trying to figure out how to make it completely legal.👍
I know how.
Make two trips.

A few things, the NH does not have air brakes, it has an air brake system to activate the brakes of a trailer with air brakes , the tractor brakes are oil activated, a ball and spoon hitch will allow an extra ton IF the tractor hitch is uprated to 4 ton rating, the standard hitch is only rated to 3 ton so iit would mean a change of the complete hitch, an exhaust brake will do damn all when stopping a load. Your trailer may not be as compliant as you think, supposed to be on 500 tyres at least so twins are out, also look at axle spacing. Some figures here.. https://www.rsa.ie/docs/default-sou...let-uploaded-03-11-2020.pdf?sfvrsn=5020f13d_2

A few things, the NH does not have air brakes, it has an air brake system to activate the brakes of a trailer with air brakes , the tractor brakes are oil activated, a ball and spoon hitch will allow an extra ton IF the tractor hitch is uprated to 4 ton rating, the standard hitch is only rated to 3 ton so iit would mean a change of the complete hitch, an exhaust brake will do damn all when stopping a load. Your trailer may not be as compliant as you think, supposed to be on 500 tyres at least so twins are out, also look at axle spacing. Some figures here.. https://www.rsa.ie/docs/default-sou...let-uploaded-03-11-2020.pdf?sfvrsn=5020f13d_2
Thanks. So in other words hoggs claims that the trailer is legally allowed to carry 32 tonne is false? A ball and spoon hitch wouldn't do much for it either by the sounds of things too. Is there any tractor legally capable of carrying the load or do all have that rating of 3 to 4 tonne on the hitches. Also just out of curiosity, going by those figures would the vast majority of them forward loading trailers be forbidden by law to carry anything over 5 to 6 tonne as the vast majority of the weight is on the drawbar. Would the 9 tonne dumper also be too heavy too on the front as I believe it has an unladen weight of 4800kg. I don't think the boss will be too happy to hear all this news.

I know how.
Make two trips.
The whole reason the loader was bought in the first place was to carry all this equipment. From the sounds of things we've been not only lied to by hogg but armstrongs too who also claimed the tractor was well capable of carrying the load.

The whole reason the loader was bought in the first place was to carry all this equipment. From the sounds of things we've been not only lied to by hogg but armstrongs too who also claimed the tractor was well capable of carrying the load.
You need to shut up man. You bought none of the gear so nobody has lied to you.
Keep going the way you are going and it will be time for gardening leave again.

No. The trailer is probably capable of it and more.
Just not legally.
You can plate the trailer for 100t. Doesn't mean you can exceed the legal weight for the road.
The legal bit is up to the buyer to figure out.
The tractor is also well able for it.
You could probably put 10t on the drawbar and it not break. Just not legally on the road.

On private ground you can do as you please

In all seriousness now its not the worst outfit around. Sure look at McGoverns 6000 gallon tanker
It's safe enough to stop and manouvere. It just doesn't seem to be falling under the legal category which I can't understand. Now that I think of it, it's easier to control that outfit than a 26ft broughan full of grain behind a 6250r.
Your a great lad,giving out about the fastrac and tanker in one post and nearly praising it in another ….. and then saying its easier to control than the 6250r to prove (or let on) you drove a 6250r,so does this mean you drove mcgoverns fastrac and tanker?…..so if I was you id tone it back abit if you want to get on here,

Back