Low roof loader tractor

Water in the wheels be the handiest and easier.i have it in my Kubota,she was light in the backend but grand now,my loader is long out front
Water in the wheels doesn’t take any weight off the front axle though, only puts more pressure on it really

Water in the wheels doesn’t take any weight off the front axle though, only puts more pressure on it really
It wouldn't be as effective as a linkage mounted weight but for drawing bale's with a trailer it is the only viable option.
If it keeps the balance better on the tractor I think it would reduce the weight on the front axle somewhat.
Better than a linkage weight sitting in the yard or a tractor on its side anyway.
Sometimes I use a linkage weight also as my keltec bale splitter plus bale is very heavy and far out front

@gone did you not have a fresh loader tractor before this?
I have a loader on a tillage tractor.
A 6718S 180hp 4cyl on 710 Xeobib tyres. The loader is only a replacement for front links and the tractor is not suitable for my yards, one tiny mistake and I am having to buy 4 Xeobib tyres and try sell 3 part worn ones.
I don't really need all the tractors I have and if I wasn't getting tax relief on them there would be less of them about.
But this tractor is replacing 3 2wd tractors and is a long planned replacement policy. The 4345 is 20 years old and from new it was planned for replacement in 2022.
Could I get away without it, sure,
will it make my jobs slightly easier, yes,
can I afford it, yes,
is it a good investment, no,

That width may be a issue alright going off the one here on the 4355. Would that tractor need a weight or is it just to take pressure of the front axle?
The X5S loader is fairly big for that size of tractor, I was working the bucket grab Friday moving Pig straw bedding dung/FYM and even with the old cement linkage weight I was lifting the rear wheels. It would be ok doing anything the 4345 could have done but it is capable of way more with rear ballist.

I have a loader on a tillage tractor.
A 6718S 180hp 4cyl on 710 Xeobib tyres. The loader is only a replacement for front links and the tractor is not suitable for my yards, one tiny mistake and I am having to buy 4 Xeobib tyres and try sell 3 part worn ones.
I don't really need all the tractors I have and if I wasn't getting tax relief on them there would be less of them about.
But this tractor is replacing 3 2wd tractors and is a long planned replacement policy. The 4345 is 20 years old and from new it was planned for replacement in 2022.
Could I get away without it, sure,
will it make my jobs slightly easier, yes,
can I afford it, yes,
is it a good investment, no,
Thanks @gone for an alarmingly honest post.its hard to say any investment In machinery is a sound financial decision.
Having said that ,your 20 y.o loader tractor probably didn't lose a pile of money from new?
If it made life easier in the mean time it was worth it.anything that makes life easier is worthwhile if it doesn't break the bank.your point about affordability is excellent.the older I get the more I see this to be true,there is no problem spending money once you can afford it and mainly that involves having a good way of earning money.
A lot of fsrm investment is funded from other sources which leaves it hard for genuine farmers with no other income source to keep up.
Not at all saying that's what's going on in this case though,just a general observation

It wouldn't be as effective as a linkage mounted weight but for drawing bale's with a trailer it is the only viable option.
If it keeps the balance better on the tractor I think it would reduce the weight on the front axle somewhat.
Better than a linkage weight sitting in the yard or a tractor on its side anyway.
Sometimes I use a linkage weight also as my keltec bale splitter plus bale is very heavy and far out front
Water in the wheels can't reduce the weight on the front axle any, in fact the only thing it can do is increase it. A linkage weight can and does work with a trailer, if your link arms clear the drawbar then a weight above the arm ends will be clear too

Water in the wheels can't reduce the weight on the front axle any, in fact the only thing it can do is increase it. A linkage weight can and does work with a trailer, if your link arms clear the drawbar then a weight above the arm ends will be clear too
How do you manage to pick up the trailer using a puh?

I made a weight here for the brothers landini vision so he could hook on a trailer. Only issue with hooking on trailers is visibility is poor and cant hook to a trailer that has the lights / brakes coming out on a bar or frame over the drawbar .

Attachments

• IMG_3605.JPG
    IMG_3605.JPG
    262.3 KB · Views: 79
  • tractor weight4.JPG
    tractor weight4.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 79
  • tractorweight.JPG
    tractorweight.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 79
For collecting bales ina field, would something like a folding bale handler clear the drawbar ?
if the levelling boxes are set up high enough, i dont see why not. usually the arms are a couple of inches from the bottom of the handler

Yes and no . It really depends on the tractor / trailer . See my post above on the weight block I made . I left a hole in the center for the weight to go down each side of the drawbar . Reason being it was very close with it level across the bottom. If the trailer sank any bit into the ground I wouldn’t be able to hitch on a trailer.
For collecting bales ina field, would something like a folding bale handler clear the drawbar ?

Well impressed with the 5711M, X5S and bucket grab. A few things to get use to with the 5711M and they are clearly poverty spec, but not bad at it. Manages the 18' Smyth trailer with 10-11 ton of FYM and comfortable considering it was not front suspension. The "Eco" gearbox automatic mode is great, but I find the "Power" mode is set too high, I wonder is it possible to get it set lower. Steering is a bit more vague and heavy at the same time, but good enough. The lift is a bit more jumpy and more basic than the higher spec MFs but I think more easily understood and easy to use. It is a good bit more noise than the bigger tractors, but fine and it is surprising gutsy. Easy to see the shortcuts, but a fine tractor for everything other than big hours.
The X5S is not as well finished or as strong looking as the Q series loaders, but I find it is performing better than my Q5M on the 6718S. The bucket grab is very good for handling FYM, well impressed so far.
IMG_20220110_200214.jpgIMG_20220110_200207.jpgIMG_20220110_200159.jpg

Well impressed with the 5711M, X5S and bucket grab. A few things to get use to with the 5711M and they are clearly poverty spec, but not bad at it. Manages the 18' Smyth trailer with 10-11 ton of FYM and comfortable considering it was not front suspension. The "Eco" gearbox automatic mode is great, but I find the "Power" mode is set too high, I wonder is it possible to get it set lower. Steering is a bit more vague and heavy at the same time, but good enough. The lift is a bit more jumpy and more basic than the higher spec MFs but I think more easily understood and easy to use. It is a good bit more noise than the bigger tractors, but fine and it is surprising gutsy. Easy to see the shortcuts, but a fine tractor for everything other than big hours.
The X5S is not as well finished or as strong looking as the Q series loaders, but I find it is performing better than my Q5M on the 6718S. The bucket grab is very good for handling FYM, well impressed so far.
View attachment 101785View attachment 101786View attachment 101787
Did you try the weight with the trailer on yet

Did you try the weight with the trailer on yet
I tried, but his trailer has the pipes coming out of a stand about 40cm above the drawbar, so that shot that idea, but I think you were right and I will need to lower pins, or raise the weights, if I could put the weight on upside down it would be a massive help.

I tried, but his trailer has the pipes coming out of a stand about 40cm above the drawbar, so that shot that idea, but I think you were right and I will need to lower pins, or raise the weights, if I could put the weight on upside down it would be a massive help.
If you could mount them up higher like in the video below at 1.24

Back