Low roof loader tractor

The weight is working fine, but it is a bastard of a job to plug in the pipes and lights. Would it be mad to set up extensions to the back of weight and plug into them? It would mean that the pipes would have to move a good bit while turning, but I think there should be enough play.
IMG_20220119_174233.jpgIMG_20220119_174239.jpgIMG_20220119_174250.jpgIMG_20220119_174307.jpg

The weight is working fine, but it is a bastard of a job to plug in the pipes and lights. Would it be mad to set up extensions to the back of weight and plug into them? It would mean that the pipes would have to move a good bit while turning, but I think there should be enough play.
It’s not mad if it makes it easier!!
Could you put a short swing arm off the top link mount on it with a plate for the various coupling on it then so as you turn it can swing left or right? Maybe not needed but if the pipes or lights are getting it tight it would just help a bit, maybe even if it could only travel 45degrees to either side and possibly a soft bungee to hold it centred until the pull comes on it

It’s not mad if it makes it easier!!
Could you put a short swing arm off the top link mount on it with a plate for the various coupling on it then so as you turn it can swing left or right? Maybe not needed but if the pipes or lights are getting it tight it would just help a bit, maybe even if it could only travel 45degrees to either side and possibly a soft bungee to hold it centred until the pull comes on it
I think you are right, might try something like that. :thumbup1:

I think you are right, might try something like that. :thumbup1:
Shouldn't need anything like that if you fit the weight with couplings in the centre will be swinging out to the sides as you turn but it's set back a fair way, easy enough to see put trailer on full lock and see where pipes reach to. If weight is staying on most of the time the definitely easier with it plugged in and couplers on it for the trailer

View attachment 102127View attachment 102128View attachment 102129View attachment 102130
When you would be turning a corner, what clearance would there be between the lift arm and the drawbar of the trailer, there looks to be a good clearance or it the photo deceiving

When you would be turning a corner, what clearance would there be between the lift arm and the drawbar of the trailer, there looks to be a good clearance or it the photo deceiving
There is good clearance, will get better pics tomorrow.

Is the top one similar?
Yeah, both some sort of composite plastic.
I think the gas strut was giving trouble and someone cable tied it to the passenger seat belt receiver, or the cable tie damaged it, I am not sure which to think. There are a few things on the tractor that are very cheap and plasticky.

Back