Stock Pictures

Yeah, have been buying plainer Weanlings bulls and heifers for the past 2 months. 4 to 600euro Bought them 7 bulls together @500
Good price…for you I mean 😂👍
I worked out that my black white heads were costing me €370 to get them off milk at 12 weeks. That’s purchasing price and milk replacer,nuts vaccinations etc.
what age were your ones? Weight?

That's great dry ground, is it grassland or stubble .
This the same ground as I drained this time 2 years ago, very sandy but very wet with springs.
This pic is of the same place.
index.php

Back doing some more draining, changed direction of flow and the stream it flows into. The outlet is well over 1km away from end of a couple of the drain ends.
View attachment 73974 View attachment 73975 View attachment 73976 View attachment 73977 View attachment 73978 View attachment 73979 View attachment 73980 View attachment 73981 View attachment 73982

slighty of topic but probably the best spot to get an answer.

Can cattle get black leg indoors ?

yesterday morning when doing the cubicles in the cow shed as I was scraping down towards a group of some incalf heifers , I saw one lying on the slats.one ear was slighty hanging.thought at worse they had knocked her or broken a leg.tried to get her up.checked to see had she full power in both legs.she was still sitting up but I went back to close the milkers into the collecting area.was back over to her in 3 mins max and noticed her rolling out a sort of and breathing labouring.to me she didn't have any sign of pneumonia.rang vet straight away and she was out in 15 mins.heifer was dying as she arrived in.
She says we'd have to get her into the lab today but I wasn't able to bring her till today.she said she'd open her.checked trachea for lung worm and the lungs for damage.all ok so she checked heart and liver.no sign of fluke or rumen fluke.
She thought the omentum didnt look right so sent a video of what she done to a colleague in the r.vet lab.
based on the video he said that the sudden on set of death and the state of the omentum that black leg couldnt be ruled out that it seemed to be something toxic took her.
Any ideas.
Go. Did you get a confirmation on the cause of death?

Go. Did you get a confirmation on the cause of death?
yes and no, it was a sepsis infection alright .they can seemingly be carrying the black leg bacteria and a knock or bang can seemingly ignite it at anytime so they said.heifer was opened within 20 mins of dying and a video went to the lab in sligo.lad that owns the practice here was of the same view........shit happens....if you have livestock you will have dead stock

Had a young bull fell on slats and was limping around, got very down to check but there was no mention of black leg nor anything like that. They felt the back of the bull and said it seemed to be a pain as opposed to a break and observed it walking too.
Is there anything makes stock more probe to it?

I don't recollect my father or anyone in area talking about it or vaccinating for it so this is all new to me.

Had a young bull fell on slats and was limping around, got very down to check but there was no mention of black leg nor anything like that. They felt the back of the bull and said it seemed to be a pain as opposed to a break and observed it walking too.
Is there anything makes stock more probe to it?

I don't recollect my father or anyone in area talking about it or vaccinating for it so this is all new to me.
Is it just concrete slats you have?
A better lie is a big help, rubber mats on the slats are a consideration

Is it just concrete slats you have?
A better lie is a big help, rubber mats on the slats are a consideration
Are slat mats compatible with a central mixing point? Main tank has the mixing point in centre which means driving into the slats. Are the mats able to carry this with out failing or premature wear?
He tried to bull a cow that came into great unexpectedly.
Have a lie back for them too.

Are slat mats compatible with a central mixing point? Main tank has the mixing point in centre which means driving into the slats. Are the mats able to carry this with out failing or premature wear?
You could always leave out where tractor wheels going or groove them. Have green and black mats here. I Definitely wouldn't be driving on the green comfort ones but the black ones would be no bother but i just wouldnt be driving around up on them

I'd be more worried about the slats driving on them with a mounted agitator, are they heavy duty tractor slats.

You could always leave out where tractor wheels going or groove them. Have green and black mats here. I Definitely wouldn't be driving on the green comfort ones but the black ones would be no bother but i just wouldnt be driving around up on them
If I omitted where the wheels go over, half the tank wouldn't be covered.

Back