What are you up to in the workshop?

Not as old as the Aluminum Wolfe drill we had we used to put a whisk on it for mixing milk replacer. I do not know how we were not electramacuted.
I think there is one of them hanging about here somewhere yet, I'd say if I fitted a new lead and plug on it id still go..
you couldn't kill them.
they don't make em like they used to that's for sure.

Not as old as the Aluminum Wolfe drill we had we used to put a whisk on it for mixing milk replacer. I do not know how we were not electramacuted.
we have one of them here in bits somewhere too, looks alot like a hilti but it's not, I must put it back together, it's in an old bag somewhere, I'll have to find it. The grandfather was never one to throw away his tools, he kept alot of his father's old tools too which I have now

Close enough, it's 72according to the serial number, the grandfather bought it at an auction in England in 1979 and he used it for masonry work.
We have a Black & Decker here, a 2 handed low geared yoke, if you were drilling on the floor & she caught she would spin you.

It's here longer than I am, story goes we got it from some fella that had got his arm broke with it, had to buy him a new handheld drill, never used now but drilled some holes in it's time, must get a pic of it.

Stainless steel rod maybe? I made a cylinder rod from stainless a few years ago as it was all we had in the right size , still working far as I know.
If it happened to be a standard size it would work but lately I've been trying to source 2m of it in 38mm and it's a long road.
F51 Duplex is the stainless steel version of cylinder rod.

Use SS rods in the scraper rams here could never keep the chromed version and any nick at all and they’re scrap, find the SS great.
The biggest problem the man that made them for me found was that you might only get 2/3 rams out of a length as it’s not really intended for that use so it isn’t minded and comes with marks and scratches but at least with SS you can polish out minor damage

If it happened to be a standard size it would work but lately I've been trying to source 2m of it in 38mm and it's a long road.
F51 Duplex is the stainless steel version of cylinder rod.
The rod was 1 and 3/4" dia and badly pitted, the stainless was left over from some other job so it was complete coincidence we had it.

:lol::lol: Ther was a lad in the early eighties here that was famous for all sorts of things like that, one of his best I seen was a davy brown drawing silage with the front axle cogged with a couple of timber wedges & her on 3 wheels.....haven't sunk that far, yet.
Oh weve done similar in the past on 2wd's a long time ago to get home from the field, not too long a distance on a back road mind, you need a tad of ballast on the back so it wouldnt scare the life out of you..
Any port in a storm eh!.

Use SS rods in the scraper rams here could never keep the chromed version and any nick at all and they’re scrap, find the SS great.
The biggest problem the man that made them for me found was that you might only get 2/3 rams out of a length as it’s not really intended for that use so it isn’t minded and comes with marks and scratches but at least with SS you can polish out minor damage
Yes, they last no time at all really unless the rod is closed in, the case hardened chrome rods are the job but nothing like that is supplied in your over the counter type cylinders.
I must try for the Duplex again, its hard to get even tho its stocked in some places, I get the impression I'd be needing to be buying a bale of it to get noticed...

Just not happy with the spool valve that came fitted on the low loader (but that's just Me being Me) so I've picked up a spool with a float on it, Turns out they are fairly hard to get now a days.
anyways, when time allows ill retrofit it, got a flow reducer as well to slow things down a bit when lifting the ramps as I'd consider them a tad too fast and they in time would put undue pressure on the pin brackets for the ramps imo.

Attachments

• IMG_20220610_201949.jpg
    IMG_20220610_201949.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 77
Jd 6620 keeps telling me the hydraulic oil is hot after about 10 acres of mowing.
Now it had a new filter recently enough. So not that.
Any ideas?
It was doing it last year too. But only on the mower.
It's sweated pulling a harrow this year and been fine.

Back