Combines

It was put on tight but with a bit of movement like any normal belt. It's after shipping now an sitting on the bottom of the pulleys.
Are the hydraulics functioning correctly, hardly a valve stuck somewhere that’s causing the pump to work hard all the time and loading up the belt?

Anyone fitted a Ken Graham concave, his name was mentioned in another thread today I'd heard the name before but always assumed it was an English company. I'm replacing the concave in a TX64 I'd asked the dealer before about heavy duty concaves and he didn't mention names just said lads had tried aftermarket and put back in originals anybody have first hand experience.
Wasn't a Ken Graham but put another "heavy duty" one in our 66. Anyway went back to a new genuine one a few years after. Just was never happy with the other one. There's very little in the price especially with a stock order.

Anyone fitted a Ken Graham concave, his name was mentioned in another thread today I'd heard the name before but always assumed it was an English company. I'm replacing the concave in a TX64 I'd asked the dealer before about heavy duty concaves and he didn't mention names just said lads had tried aftermarket and put back in originals anybody have first hand experience.
Had Ken grahams high output in a few combines , got on ok with them , they are very open so you do have to keep them very full to work well.

Could someone do me a favour and get a measurement of where the slip clutch should be on the clean grain elevator of a Tx34 or similar, the indicator plate is gone off mine.

Attachments

• F401BB5E-1AA5-497E-BC71-702C7087F524.jpeg
    F401BB5E-1AA5-497E-BC71-702C7087F524.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 45

Had a Ken Graham high output concave in the previous combine here, wouldn't bother with another, had good output but v hard to get a nice clean sample, had to drive it on as @laoisfarmer said but that didn't always suit as header, sieves, walkers or returns could be the limiting factor that determined forward speed in any crop. It also was slightly off true from new which didn't help and didn't get much hearing.

I'm changing the one in my current combine this year, waiting for one to come into Bernard Byrnes from Germany.

I bought one of his concaves for a popular combine model. It arrived and didn't fit. The end plates were totally wrong. He took it back and modified it so it fitted but it didn't have the range of adjustment of the original due to the bolts hitting the adjustment slots in the side of the combine. I tried to return it for a refund but no luck with that idea. Didn't perform great. Will never have another

He makes them all with a "belly" in them. Wouldn't be my cup of tea.

My one if you put it on a level floor, one leg was off the ground so there was a slight twist in it. Got a few other bits there over the years and was never totally happy with any of them so haven't dealt there in a long time

Anybody ever pulled the grainpan out of a 400 series Lexion?
comes out the back rather than the front like most other combines......going at ours this week to replace rubbers on the side if we cant do them inside......not a nice job from what I'm lead to believe.....

comes out the back rather than the front like most other combines......going at ours this week to replace rubbers on the side if we cant do them inside......not a nice job from what I'm lead to believe.....
We are going to do the same job, they are riveted in so can't see it being done in situ.

Could someone do me a favour and get a measurement of where the slip clutch should be on the clean grain elevator of a Tx34 or similar, the indicator plate is gone off mine.
Couldn’t get a good picture as combine is parked tight against the wall so was a very tight squeeze to get up to it. From the inside of the pulley to the outside of the washer thing over the spring was set at 125mm

A9DF160B-E2CD-49B0-AB71-3D652301CA9F.jpeg

Had a Ken Graham high output concave in the previous combine here, wouldn't bother with another, had good output but v hard to get a nice clean sample, had to drive it on as @laoisfarmer said but that didn't always suit as header, sieves, walkers or returns could be the limiting factor that determined forward speed in any crop. It also was slightly off true from new which didn't help and didn't get much hearing.

I'm changing the one in my current combine this year, waiting for one to come into Bernard Byrnes from Germany.
We have one in the 8060 happy enough but you have to keep it full and keeping the sample right is hard work

A friend of mine is doing a few jobs with my combine after work these days as I am up the walls, he said that this eve that he went to change the oil in the gearbox on the axle and there was bits of metal on it, do the transmission gearboxes cause trouble on these manual tx’s ? Iv never had any trouble with gears. He said it looked a bit like bearing housing but thinking it’s possibly there from previous damage and the person didn’t clean out the gearbox properly. Any ideas what could be going/gone

A friend of mine is doing a few jobs with my combine after work these days as I am up the walls, he said that this eve that he went to change the oil in the gearbox on the axle and there was bits of metal on it, do the transmission gearboxes cause trouble on these manual tx’s ? Iv never had any trouble with gears. He said it looked a bit like bearing housing but thinking it’s possibly there from previous damage and the person didn’t clean out the gearbox properly. Any ideas what could be going/gone
If it’s like a bearing housing it needs the lid taken off and investigation. Doubt anyone would have previously repaired it and left metal pieces in there.

Back