The reseeding thread

You can get clover safe spray that will clean that reseed for you . Had to spray 10 ac of a reseed for work last november as the chickweed was taking over spotless now .
Would anyone have any objections to spraying a new reseed? clover in it so I know I could kill it but way to many thistles in it, weather was that bad up here I missed the emergence spray.

You can get clover safe spray that will clean that reseed for you . Had to spray 10 ac of a reseed for work last november as the chickweed was taking over spotless now .
I thought there wasn’t any clover safe sprays heading to the local co-op soon for some silage fertiliser will inquire in there👍🏼

View attachment 109044Fairly similar, although mine seems to have more varieties of clover. As I don’t need it for early grazing,I don’t intend to put any nitrogen on it as long as there is a good cover of clover. Sheep are slow to eat the plantains at first but get a taste for them pretty quick

Who sells that mixture ? Is it much the same price ?

It came from Watson’s seeds in Scotland and I got it through Southern Fuel and Farm in Midleton. It’s Castle brand herbal ley and is 70% grasses, 20% legumes, and 10% herbs . I haven’t a price in my head but I’ll find out.

It came from Watson’s seeds in Scotland and I got it through Southern Fuel and Farm in Midleton. It’s Castle brand herbal ley and is 70% grasses, 20% legumes, and 10% herbs . I haven’t a price in my head but I’ll find out.
It was €97/15kg last year, as I put in the same mix. Not sure the price this year.

I can get it so no issues here anyway 👍🏼
only thing ill say about it is ive never used that my self,but...
as with anything cut or top the field before spraying,wait 2 to 3 weeks then spray it

i had a acre paddock next door here that was full of docks,i baled it last year then sprayed the 3 week regrowth with a SU and had a massive 100% kill of the docks
i mowed it yesterday never seen it so clean just got to find some clover now

Squire or Eagle, they are the same thing, work best in damp growthy conditions. I find April and early May best.
They often give very poor results in a dry time.
I used Eagle on 40 acres of reseeded grass in August of last year, as I couldn't get Clovermax. The clover took a bad hit tbh. Eagle is clover safe in permanent pasture, but not in reseeds where the clover is just established.

I used Eagle on 40 acres of reseeded grass in August of last year, as I couldn't get Clovermax. The clover took a bad hit tbh. Eagle is clover safe in permanent pasture, but not in reseeds where the clover is just established.
But it will do a great job on the young docks, I find 25 grams is enough on young docks in a growthy time.

its not licenced for it. I used it last year in september on reseeded at its lowest rate. Did perfect job and didn't harm the clover. Must be at true leaf stage.
Oh I know it isn't, but I had to spray the young docks with something and couldn't buy anything off the shelf that was licensed. I wouldn't say the clover disappeared totally, but it isn't as good as it should be.

I
only thing ill say about it is ive never used that my self,but...
as with anything cut or top the field before spraying,wait 2 to 3 weeks then spray it

i had a acre paddock next door here that was full of docks,i baled it last year then sprayed the 3 week regrowth with a SU and had a massive 100% kill of the docks
i mowed it yesterday never seen it so clean just got to find some clover now

I am mowing after cows now so will Spray after the next graze.. only thing with new reseed is there is a lot of thistles so that squire ultra probably won’t do the job I want

How much grass seed would I need for an overseed of freshly cut silage ground? Plan on reseeding after the second cut in a month.

Well. They cleaned it off well. Main thing I noticed was , after they finishing it , which was mainly the herb part , they dunged an awful lot . Not scuttery, just most an awful lot of it .
View attachment 109038

Well that picture was taken on the 18/6. Tonight I let them into it again . No bag stuff nor slurry since . 2.5 bags 10/10/20 at sowing 9 weeks ago.
I'm well Impressed.
20220706_213548.jpg
20220706_213522.jpg

Back