What are you up to in the workshop?

Has anyone any experience of having leaking Quickie mc4 quick connect(pic attached) seams to be leaking between the make and female connection. Loader is not old but once disconnected once it is leaking. There must be seals in here?

Attachments

• 285CAFF7-2051-4338-949B-6214E87ABA6A.jpeg
    285CAFF7-2051-4338-949B-6214E87ABA6A.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 77
Has anyone any experience of having leaking Quickie mc4 quick connect(pic attached) seams to be leaking between the make and female connection. Loader is not old but once disconnected once it is leaking. There must be seals in here?
Is it spotlessly clean?
The one on our deere had come loose one day on the road.
Dad just pushed the lever back down.
Must have been some grit in there as it leaked untill I opened it fully and hosed it out.

Is it spotlessly clean?
The one on our deere had come loose one day on the road.
Dad just pushed the lever back down.
Must have been some grit in there as it leaked untill I opened it fully and hosed it out.
Looks clean both surfaces do, how did u wash it out? Do you mean between each male/female connection??

Anyone know the right oring seal kit for this Massey quick release valve. Off a mf6270

Attachments

• D54B91E7-1208-4B55-B16A-C6E496DEED75.jpeg
    D54B91E7-1208-4B55-B16A-C6E496DEED75.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 47
  • DA7C557A-4F86-48E5-B419-F3F4E5E4B2DC.jpeg
    DA7C557A-4F86-48E5-B419-F3F4E5E4B2DC.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 47
I bought 4 of the QTP ones for reasonable money a few years back thinking they would be Faster or similar in a QTP bag. They weren't and they failed one after a other. Dealer (Mc and S) took them back without quibble. Ended up getting (I think) Kramp ones from Noonans in Broadford who had to put a fair bit of effort into finding a suitable aftermarket item. I the first one they ordered might have been wrong.

If yours are the originals I'd be thinking replace rather than repair after 20 plus years.

I think new ones are not that expensive. I keep a few spare ones that I put O rings in and just change them across until someone mixed up the bag with the damaged ones and the repaired ones.
I’d buy a dozen at a time to have them in stock. There’s essentially only 2 or 3 different types.
I bought the last lot in 2014 for €12 a piece. Bought 10 the other day for €59.75 a piece. Plenty gouging going on.

Had a bit of a disaster whilst cleaning the grain trailer out.
Seems the sides are in worse nick than expected and the pressure washer went straight through.
Just where the edges fold in.

Trying to weld patches from the floor upwards is proving difficult.
Don't think the floor is Hardox (old West trailer)
But is very rusty (cleaned as good as can with flappy disk) and thin in bits.
Just not getting as clean a weld as I'd like with the stick welder.

Any advice?

Had a bit of a disaster whilst cleaning the grain trailer out.
Seems the sides are in worse nick than expected and the pressure washer went straight through.
Just where the edges fold in.

Trying to weld patches from the floor upwards is proving difficult.
Don't think the floor is Hardox (old West trailer)
But is very rusty (cleaned as good as can with flappy disk) and thin in bits.
Just not getting as clean a weld as I'd like with the stick welder.

Any advice?
Have you access to a mig welder?
It’s still a risk though if floor that thin it’s going to collapse at some stage too.

Reactions: AYF
Have you access to a mig welder?
It’s still a risk though if floor that thin it’s going to collapse at some stage too.
If it gets me through this harvest I'm happy tbf.

Sods law, after buying the steel and starting the job, I'm going to view a very very tidy used Bailey trailer in the next few days!!

Back