Trailers

I’d agree but there’s 2 different approaches to it, there’s the lads that fill it like a grain trailer still, maybe a little extra in the middle, and then the lads that have bags tied to the front mesh and load it up to the point the drawbar spring is just flat al the time. You’d hear the creaks and bangs from the bogies at every turn with them
Don't I know about it. And when turning you see in the mirrors one axle going one direction and the other going the opposite. 1 of the trailers at the start of the year cracked the box section on the chassis just behind where the body hinges off the chassis. It cracked and went sideways and strained the other side. Trailer is all sorted now but it's all the constant loading and unloading that wear's them out

Last edited:
Don't I know about it. And when turning you see in the mirrors one axle going one direction and the other going the opposite. 1 of the trailers at the start of the year cracked the box section on the chassis just behind where the body hinges off the chassis. It cracked and went sideways and strained the other side. Trailer is all sorted now but it's all the constant loading and unloading that wear's them out
There was a 20ft with solid 8ft sides around a few years ago, it was originally bought for sawdust but others had it when I saw it, thankfully I never had to pull it but I think one of the lads said it was 24ton of wheat.

There was a 20ft with solid 8ft sides around a few years ago, it was originally bought for sawdust but others had it when I saw it, thankfully I never had to pull it but I think one of the lads said it was 24ton of wheat.
When the 22ft were allowed down at the port, they were able to take 28/29t of maize

Only take silage sides off for beet. Boxed in up to full height. Only ever filled to top of silage sides in oats.

Someone would really really want a Lee tandem axle

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJkb25lZGVhbC5pZS1waG90b3MiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImpwZWciLCJyZXNpemUiOnsiZml0IjoiaW5zaWRlIiwid2lkdGgiOjYwMCwiaGVpZ2h0Ijo2MDB9fSwia2V5IjoicGhvdG9fMjI1NjAzNzU2In0=

It’s all depends on the combine auger height doesn’t it?

Watching Olly Harrison and he was saying he leaves his silage sides on all year round now,helped by the fact his combine can fill over them,not a bad idea having higher sides than you need because the gestapo are pulling you if you fill over the sides nowadays.👎
We strip down one silage trailer fro harvest and leave the others full height. You can put on a nice legal load especially in oats and not worry about any spilling .

Someone would really really want a Lee tandem axle

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJkb25lZGVhbC5pZS1waG90b3MiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImpwZWciLCJyZXNpemUiOnsiZml0IjoiaW5zaWRlIiwid2lkdGgiOjYwMCwiaGVpZ2h0Ijo2MDB9fSwia2V5IjoicGhvdG9fMjI1NjAzNzU2In0=
Some lads really get carried away with the zeros on a price tag. €10k would put a nice deposit on a decent steel trailer not needing any work.

Some lads really get carried away with the zeros on a price tag. €10k would put a nice deposit on a decent steel trailer not needing any work.

Maybe I should add a few more thousands to the price of my 14ft single axle and the cost to change to a fresher trailer would be getting small!!

Why are the lee trailers so popular?
I’d say they’re only popular now for vintage events. Back in the day, they were seen as the Rolls Royce of trailers around here.
They didn’t seem to move with the times when steel trailers became popular. I do know of one steel tandem Lee trailer in this area.

Back