Trailers

God only knows . I never thought them to.be anything special.

They wouldn't be seen as anything special around here either compared to a Wall or Toomey trailer and then Gerry Brennans. The further north of the county you go, Gillespies took over.

Never liked the Lee tailboards.

We had an auld timber sided single axle silage trailer parked up for years. Last year I got it in and cut off the silage sides to make a grain trailer out of it. A lad into vintage said I should have put it on DoneDeal as the vintage lads at silage go mad for a timber sided trailer. I though that if you were rootin at vintage you couldn’t go any madder.

We had an auld timber sided single axle silage trailer parked up for years. Last year I got it in and cut off the silage sides to make a grain trailer out of it. A lad into vintage said I should have put it on DoneDeal as the vintage lads at silage go mad for a timber sided trailer. I though that if you were rootin at vintage you couldn’t go any madder.
Another 10 or so years until the herron here at home be wanted for vintage rallies

Think its 15t we would have on similar Gerry Brennan's but there would be another 9in riser over the height of that on it.

Another big engineering works being shuttered up. Big loss to the trailer market, dooley's low loader were one of the finest.

Another big engineering works being shuttered up. Big loss to the trailer market, dooley's low loader were one of the finest.
Liquidator won't make too much from that lot

It may not be the full listings. Remember loobies auction they had partially built bodies and trailers for sale. Was expecting dooley's to be the same.

Must have fulfilled orders and not taken on additional orders which is noble. Alot of lads have been caught by companies taking orders knowing that liquidation was around the corner.

Theres alot of stuff there. Its sad to see them going, very well built and finished trailers.

The jig for dump trailer body looks a neet idea

Must have fulfilled orders and not taken on additional orders which is noble. Alot of lads have been caught by companies taking orders knowing that liquidation was around the corner.
Newrock engineering are another company that’s gone bang however it looks like it will be taken over by Jackson who owns the building and the newrock name. Sammy’s son David who was trading as dh Europe was renting the premises and brand but it’s gone to the wall.

I can see why Newrock went to shite,but why Dooley?

Trailers seem to be like the haulage industry over here,some just keep getting bigger and bigger and others go to shite all the time.

Newrock engineering are another company that’s gone bang however it looks like it will be taken over by Jackson who owns the building and the newrock name. Sammy’s son David who was trading as dh Europe was renting the premises and brand but it’s gone to the wall.

Isn't that the second time they went bust, didn't Sammy own Redrock and then set up Newrock

Isn't that the second time they went bust, didn't Sammy own Redrock and then set up Newrock
That’s right “steel solutions” bought redrock after redrock got in bother the first time. A Fermanagh man by the name of Flynn. Then Sammy setup newrock after that well under the sons name I guess. Sammy passed away last year with cancer which wouldn’t have helped things either I’m sure.

Last edited:
That trailer has done next to nothing the last 5 years. Paintwork not wonderful on it but its straight. Wont be bought cheap though
Not a bad looking trailer. I wonder what it would make- 15k plus vat? Sides could do with an extra foot. Air brakes are a nice addition.

The Smyth here hasn’t much done but I felt the brakes had become weaker. Adjusted the brakes at each hub a bit but they didn’t take much adjustment.
Then adjusted the load sensing valve and that made quite a difference. The load sensing valve runs off the drawbar.
In the old Gillespie here, the load sensing runs off a bar that sits on both axles, I think it is a better system.
Despite having a lot of work done, I always prefer the Gillespie on the tractor, you wouldn’t know it’s behind you and stops as smoothly as a car. The Gillespie is on super singles so that probably makes a difference too.

Back