Dairying

Riddle me this.we are restricted by banding and 220 to 250 limits…… are there any restrictions in the UK. Grasstec have a video up of a farm on Scotland 1700 milked 3 times a day hoping to go to 2000.

As supply drops here will it flow from NI to the south more so than ever??
We have limits dependent on area either 170 or 250.

Anyone any feedback on the likes of this?
Used to be similar sold over here called the Collins calfmate,great idea just a tad expensive.

Anyone tried this? Sounds too good to be true 2bh.
No mention of it being in a single jab.

Great idea, I wonder do Milwaukee do the same
You can make your own if you buy the Milwaukee battery adapter.

Great idea, I wonder do Milwaukee do the same

One i got certainly isn't dewalt, the actual dewalt official light was 100e or so, and not as bright. They all are straight from china and made to suit the main tool brands, this is the cheapest Milwaukee I can find on Amazon.

Huge entries of dairy cows in regular marts around here this week. I assume most were milked on and being cashed in to destock places a bit or ease labour with calves arriving.

At least you have a milking machine to milk them in! 19 calved here in last few days, official start date is February 3rd and on a single unit mobile milker still, some hardship this morning now. Hope to have machine itself going in some fashion for tomorrow morning all going well
friend of mine in the same boat,milking on a wee portable waiting for new parlour to be finished and sadly his father passed away in the middle off all the hardship there 2 weeks ago
ahh sure nathing like a baptism of fire to get you started,wouldn't like been in your shoes though

At least you have a milking machine to milk them in! 19 calved here in last few days, official start date is February 3rd and on a single unit mobile milker still, some hardship this morning now. Hope to have machine itself going in some fashion for tomorrow morning all going well
Twill make you appreciate the parlour all the more

Hope you get sorted . What caused the delay or did they just start sooner than you expected.
Bought a 2nd hand machine and for a variety of reasons it didnt arrive in my yard until almost Xmas, which coincided with busy period for the installation crew, 45 hours completed so far on it by a 3 man team, they tell me 8 hours Wednesday and we will be milking in it, fingers crossed.

I see we are all going to be genotyping the whole herd ina few months time. Unsure what the outcome of this will be or is it a handy way of keeping on post tipping along. The icbf will have to get their act in gear as the testing of bull calfs for ai companies is brutal slow

I see we are all going to be genotyping the whole herd ina few months time. Unsure what the outcome of this will be or is it a handy way of keeping on post tipping along. The icbf will have to get their act in gear as the testing of bull calfs for ai companies is brutal slow

Whats the reasoning behind that?

Back