First time lambing advice

Fine weights especially for the twins.
What sort of ram did you use on them? The lamb above has nice cover on him for being outside.
Easycare ram on them, as I'm hoping to build the flock with my own bred ewes.

He does, they all seem to have a decent cover on them. The ram had a good cover on him but he's shed most of it now.

Attachments

• IMG_2023-03-19-08-18-37-412.jpg
    IMG_2023-03-19-08-18-37-412.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2023-03-19-08-17-04-794.jpg
    IMG_2023-03-19-08-17-04-794.jpg
    432.2 KB · Views: 42
It'll amaze you how early they start to shed.
Especially the single rearing ewes.

Those are very good size lambs for shearlings! (Ironic that they are shear-lings!)
Is it purely off gras / herbal leys?

It'll amaze you how early they start to shed.
Especially the single rearing ewes.

Those are very good size lambs for shearlings! (Ironic that they are shear-lings!)
Is it purely off gras / herbal leys?
A couple are starting to shed now but not fully yet.

Just off herbal ley, I give them crystalyx mineral licks ad hoc too.

Had to assist any yet?

Or do they just appear, up and suckled like ours seem to!?
Nothing assisted yet, they just appear, up and suckling. I haven't witnessed a birth yet with them. Take earlier for example, I checked them shortly before 5pm, all together and no signs. Checked again a little after 6pm and the first of the twins was out and suckling. Went back around 7:30pm and the second was out, suckling also. If they all go that way I'll be delighted but certainly not expecting it!

Nothing assisted yet, they just appear, up and suckling. I haven't witnessed a birth yet with them. Take earlier for example, I checked them shortly before 5pm, all together and no signs. Checked again a little after 6pm and the first of the twins was out and suckling. Went back around 7:30pm and the second was out, suckling also. If they all go that way I'll be delighted but certainly not expecting it!
Don't be surprised if they do.
Had quite a few lambed here (80+) and I think tonights twins was the second or third assisted birth, or at least that definitely needed assistance. Other two were triplets.
And I've no doubt if she was outdoors rather than in and being disturbed, the lambs would have stayed in position.

Disposable gauntlet gloves, Savlon, lube, Iodine spray, rubber rings and applicator, lambing aid, prolapse harness, a couple of marker spray colours, disinfectant for pens, Calcium, glucose and glycerine, disprin.
Where are you getting salon, I can't find it anywhere around me

One of the lambs has a touch of scour. Is there a general product for this or is it a case of dung sample? Lamb is healthy otherwise.

One of the lambs has a touch of scour. Is there a general product for this or is it a case of dung sample? Lamb is healthy otherwise.
What colour is it?
Yellow/Orange, good
White/Grey, not good
Red/Black, not good.

Good to hear, thank you :thumbup1: Something in the back of my mind was saying from when I helped rearing calves 14 years ago.

Back