Football

Haaland’s goal (3rd goal) was decent. I thought Arsenal could have had a penalty but they looked poor and toothless in front of goal in general. Nkeitah was particularly poor tonight, and Arsenal are very much missing Jesus now.

Overall it was a tepid display from Arsenal and they always looked like losing to a City side that played well but nothing that particularly special. It’s very much looking like the usual ‘poop the pants’ February time for Arsenal.

I can’t see any chance of them winning the league now, and conversely City looked buoyed by the recent financial doping charges. While I hate to say it, I think they are favourites to win it now and can’t see anyone else stopping them.

Just collected one of the kids after the game. He was very impressed by Smallbone. I think there are good players coming up but a few of those playing tonight don't get regular game time with their clubs and it showed

Just collected one of the kids after the game. He was very impressed by Smallbone. I think there are good players coming up but a few of those playing tonight don't get regular game time with their clubs and it showed
Smallbone was definitely the highlight.
My issue, as always is with the manager, one plan and when anything goes wrong we stick to that one plan, and when that plan isn't working we stick to the plan.
Will finishing 4th in the group, be enough to get rid of him?

The work just isn't being put into underage football here. It's still who you are and who you know to get anywhere, alot of disheartened kids....this needs to change

The work just isn't being put into underage football here. It's still who you are and who you know to get anywhere, alot of disheartened kids....this needs to change
Whats your opinion on the parish rule and lack of it in soccer?
The two best soccer teams in the county are neighbouring parish's in my county. One constantly recruits and has been competitive in the FAI cup, the other has been mopping up underage for a few years now and all homebred. Their biggest thing was retaining the kids they developed.

No real incentive for teams to develop underage when a bigger club poaches their best players which is what happens a lot of the time

There's no real point though in staying with a club if the effort isn't being put in. Not going to training, expecting a game etc. Not kicking a ball from one game or training session until the next. Parents then complaing of not getting started. Have seen both sides. Young lad moved clubs here this year. 2 teams were looking for him. I'd been travelling the road to local club for 18 years with my kids, was time to move on . They asked him to reconsider . Door is always open to go back. Sorry about font. New club is a step up for him

There's no real point though in staying with a club if the effort isn't being put in. Not going to training, expecting a game etc. Not kicking a ball from one game or training session until the next. Parents then complaing of not getting started. Have seen both sides. Young lad moved clubs here this year. 2 teams were looking for him. I'd been travelling the road to local club for 18 years with my kids, was time to move on . They asked him to reconsider . Door is always open to go back. Sorry about font. New club is a step up for him
That's fair enough. Hard to blame someone going to a better club either. There is a huge difference in facilities now between GAA and soccer. No comparison for a run of the mill club

That's fair enough. Hard to blame someone going to a better club either. There is a huge difference in facilities now between GAA and soccer. No comparison for a run of the mill club
He got picked for the county gaa squad last year but decided to stick with soccer . One of his coaches was on a course in Wales recently, he said the underage system over there is miles ahead of here

Brother and nephew there tonight. One thing about Kenny is he has time for the fans

Attachments

• IMG-20230327-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20230327-WA0010.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 46
Back