Todays Photo

Are you knocking the other shed then scoff?

Some structure! Those beams are around 21m long?

You'd need a bit of room to turn that lorry around :lol:

Are you knocking the other shed then scoff?

Some structure! Those beams are around 21m long?

You'd need a bit of room to turn that lorry around :lol:

Going to add another bay to the feed shed and clad down to it,looking North (2nd picture looking up) having a Galebraker wind up door about 40’ for artic access then a roller shutter door on the side for every day use.

Beams will be just over 20m I think,I couldn’t get them into the clamp to unload hence the reason I’m taking them in with the loadalls,they got in the farm entrance easily.

why roof a clamp, our weather is a lot wetter than yours and to avoid expense here in Ireland we go for outdoor clamps
I think going forward all yard areas are going to have to be roofed and all tanks sealed. We can come out with it cannot be done or too expensive but cheap milk and beef will not be able to pay for it . The big New Zealand farms are going indoors because of environmental issues. Low cost with a high environmental cost is not sustainable.

Why exactly? When you have a channel that catches the effluent and puts it in a tank. The sheet has to go out past the channel so fresh water is separated.

why roof a clamp, our weather is a lot wetter than yours and to avoid expense here in Ireland we go for outdoor clamps
Makes rolling back the cover on a cold wet winters day a lot nicer. When we had stock our pit was under a roof and we used to store straw on top. Don’t see many at that any more

Makes rolling back the cover on a cold wet winters day a lot nicer. When we had stock our pit was under a roof and we used to store straw on top. Don’t see many at that any more

No thank god,,,, the amount of small bales off straw I've stacked on top of our big covered silage pit,,, and then took em off,,, mind it is a nice job in the winter when it's shit weather,,,, not so handy stacking em in the heat though,, and you've got to chuck all the tyres off,,

No thank god,,,, the amount of small bales off straw I've stacked on top of our big covered silage pit,,, and then took em off,,, mind it is a nice job in the winter when it's shit weather,,,, not so handy stacking em in the heat though,, and you've got to chuck all the tyres off,,

Yea was the same as at. A good few small squares and a few round bales.

Why exactly? When you have a channel that catches the effluent and puts it in a tank. The sheet has to go out past the channel so fresh water is separated.
Was in a talk about silage feeding.
Was quite interesting seeing the figures on losses or reduced intakes etc from rain getting into the pit face.
Another interesting read was losses from wind blowing feed away whilst filling a mixer wagon, fella said some big farms were justifying indoor pits with room to park the wagon indoors off of it.

And then the rainwater/dirty water mixing issue helps an awful lot.
Even if your effluent goes into the slurry store, imagine how much clean water is going in there too!!

Was in a talk about silage feeding.
Was quite interesting seeing the figures on losses or reduced intakes etc from rain getting into the pit face.
Another interesting read was losses from wind blowing feed away whilst filling a mixer wagon, fella said some big farms were justifying indoor pits with room to park the wagon indoors off of it.

And then the rainwater/dirty water mixing issue helps an awful lot.
Even if your effluent goes into the slurry store, imagine how much clean water is going in there too!!
The amount of straights stuck to my loaders feeder tractor mixer etc has been unreal this winter plus what’s blown away,I’m looking forwards to being in the dry and also a major problem here is jackdaws pecking through the sheet,I’ve a serious amount of waste due to this.

Back