Combines

Who is the Adrian lad on Done Deal with all the combines for sale in Kilkenny? Not that I'm looking to buy but he has a great selection of machines. Does any know if he does parts as well?

Who is the Adrian lad on Done Deal with all the combines for sale in Kilkenny? Not that I'm looking to buy but he has a great selection of machines. Does any know if he does parts as well?

Thorpe. Just outside Ballyraggett. I dont know what parts if any he carries.

As said above Thorpe machinery sales. Bought our Tedder off him a few years ago and got on ok but never had reason to go back since. I don’t know what he carries as never went passed the corner of the yard where the machine was tbh.
https://tmsales.ie/

Wouldn't be renowned for backup. Does a bit of haulage too and knows where a lot of the combines are in the UK and would bring it in if you were interested.
He would have been renowned for sinking pints.
When himself and your tame contractor use to get together, the "tame" went out the window.

Last edited:
He would be renowned for sinking pints.
When himself and your tame contractor get together, the "tame" goes out the window.
think himself and the tame contractor aren't on speaking terms any more, at best just about talking

Wouldn't be renowned for backup. Does a bit of haulage too and knows where a lot of the combines are in the UK and would bring it in if you were interested.
I was always turned off his machines by the way his ads are done. He has some fine looking combines at times but never includes any detail, on even hours or the header size let alone price, he has a TX66 advertised at the moment that's sitting in KOB's yard using their pictures, spelling tends to be unprofessional looking, the devil is in the detail.

Last edited:
I was always turned off his machines by the way his ads are done. He has some fine looking combines at times but never includes any detail, on even hours, header size let alone price, he has a TX66 advertised at the moment that's sitting in KOB's yard using their pictures, spelling tends to be unprofessional looking, the devil is in the detail.
I was wondering what the story with that was, I was looking at that 66 one day I was up there, obviously too good for me but one can day dream

I was wondering what the story with that was, I was looking at that 66 one day I was up there, obviously too good for me but one can day dream
I had heard before that he advertises yolks from UK before he had them in his yard to gauge interest, maybe the 66 is the same. I sat in it myself and pretended I was a big tillage farmer for a few minutes, that Deutz he has looks nice.

I had heard before that he advertises yolks from UK before he had them in his yard to gauge interest, maybe the 66 is the same. I sat in it myself and pretended I was a big tillage farmer for a few minutes, that Deutz he has looks nice.
That would be the default line "what are you looking for and I'll pick something up" my own opinion is youd want your eyes open and have a good knowledge of what you're looking at. He shifts a fair bit of stuff though

Ready to cut in the praires....

https://www.donedeal.ie/combineharvesters-for-sale/zetor5718-jf-combine/25581720

MGFkNjUzZmZlN2Q4ZDYxNWM3YTliNjQyNWZiZTA4M2GubB1b0i_xmPx3uVUMRCjsaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTMyNDY1MzF8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

I was always turned off his machines by the way his ads are done. He has some fine looking combines at times but never includes any detail, on even hours or the header size let alone price, he has a TX66 advertised at the moment that's sitting in KOB's yard using their pictures, spelling tends to be unprofessional looking, the devil is in the detail.

This one must be an exception to the rule.
https://www.donedeal.ie/combineharvesters-for-sale/newhalland-1530/25552467

MjhjOWY3YmFiZDBmNGU3ODljYWJkM2E4MmU4YTVkYWb84NmDZlz0fJZDunRE4zDjaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTI5OTMxMjV8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Lovely looking machine but give me a Deutz 2680 instead at that money...

Is it not also a bit of a turn off with a few of the combine dealers that they will consider trade in's, or another who had up that they weren't interested in trade in's, surely the whole idea of buying off a dealer is to have the option of trading in, warranty and delivery, if those aren't part of the package everyone might as well just buy direct from England.

Yea, it will be difficult to find someone prepared to give that much for it.
They are a great little combine though.
A DF 2680 would be in a different league altogether.
Were there any differences between the late and early ones aside from the colour?

I don't know of any differences to be honest but I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong!

The Fahr M900 would more comparable to a NH 1530. The DF 2680 would be a fair bit bigger and more modern than the 1530.

I agree, I was more comparing the price tag than anything else.

I'd have a 1530 more comparable to a M1000 though.

Back