What are you up to in the workshop?

The picture might be deceiving because both sides of the disc ( the wearing side and the non wearing) are identical wear wise. I was going to swap them around to use the other side but it’s hard to see any difference.
Idler gears are €120 each, bearings €80 each and gear alone for the disc module is not available so complete modules are €300 each. Some second hand parts were used. Also about 60 new bolts and nuts.

looks worse on the nearest top hat.

The picture might be deceiving because both sides of the disc ( the wearing side and the non wearing) are identical wear wise. I was going to swap them around to use the other side but it’s hard to see any difference.
Idler gears are €120 each, bearings €80 each and gear alone for the disc module is not available so complete modules are €300 each. Some second hand parts were used. Also about 60 new bolts and nuts.

What sort of a price would you charge for labour for a job like that?

View attachment 81052 Just finished stripping, cleaning and fully rebuilding this mower bed, 8 replacment gears and all that goes with it. It will have taken 4 days labour from removing bed from mower to refitting it. This mower was sold in "perfect working order" :rolleyes2: and before it got used it was discovered that the bed was full of broken teeth even though it ran. Previous owner didnt want to know about it. Big repair bill now.:curse:
Looks a good job now.
Did it come from a dealer/trader or was it a private sale?

Some of ye might remember I went about wrecking the 362 back earlier in the year when I backed into it with the digger. An hour or so with an assortment of tools have it fairly well straightened.
20200820_185908.jpg 20200820_185916.jpg
Unfortunately I broke my old phone that had pictures of it battered and I didn't think to get a picture of it before I went at it this evening.

Faffing around in the rain this evening hooking my new chinese woodchipper onto the 20.

It's a terrible tractor for PTO work.

The pto has to be on for the hydraulics to work so its always on. That's never been an issue until now, it had a cap over it since I got it.

The hydraulics don't have position control so you can't hold the implement just off the ground.

The pto is at the bottom of the axle so it's not always easy to have a good pto angle.

The pto is on or off. If it's on its can drive back into the tractor on the overrun.

The pto shaft is a non standard size.

To work around all this I lifted it off the ground with no shaft and have secured the lift arms with chains to carry the chipper a few inches up. I've also fitted an overrun clutch that has a standard sized output shaft.

The downside is I've no cover over a lot of spinning metal. I don't like it and will need to get some sort of cover adapted to fit over it.

Question.... does a haybob pto shaft have an overrun clutch in it?

Attachments

• 20200821_175518.jpg
    20200821_175518.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 20200821_175125.jpg
    20200821_175125.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 20200821_193439.jpg
    20200821_193439.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 96
Faffing around in the rain this evening hooking my new chinese woodchipper onto the 20.

It's a terrible tractor for PTO work.

The pto has to be on for the hydraulics to work so its always on. That's never been an issue until now, it had a cap over it since I got it.

The hydraulics don't have position control so you can't hold the implement just off the ground.

The pto is at the bottom of the axle so it's not always easy to have a good pto angle.

The pto is on or off. If it's on its can drive back into the tractor on the overrun.

The pto shaft is a non standard size.

To work around all this I lifted it off the ground with no shaft and have secured the lift arms with chains to carry the chipper a few inches up. I've also fitted an overrun clutch that has a standard sized output shaft.

The downside is I've no cover over a lot of spinning metal. I don't like it and will need to get some sort of cover adapted to fit over it.

Question.... does a haybob pto shaft have an overrun clutch in it?
You can buy the 1 1/8”to 1 3/8” adaptor with a built in over run clutch. To keep the lift slightly off the ground cut some wooden blocks that fit between the axle and the lift arm tops at the desired height then let the lift rest on these. You can buy a universal bellows type PTO guard thingy and fit the mounting bracket to the tractor for a fairly tidy but safe job.

That shiny thing on the tractor is the adapter/clutch unit, just makes things fierce long, I have to drive in/out a roll pin to fit/remove it.

One of those bellows could be a good idea alright for the tractor end for a bit of length.

None of them here ever had.

AncImg

What's this bit? I have a shaft off a fahr tedder looks like this and I was wondering if it was an overrun clutch.

If it was it seems you can get a 1 3/8 shaft for the tractor. Would allow the pto cap to be refitted when not in use

AncImg

What's this bit? I have a shaft off a fahr tedder looks like this and I was wondering if it was an overrun clutch.

If it was it seems you can get a 1 3/8 shaft for the tractor. Would allow the pto cap to be refitted when not in use
That is a friction clutch, for when the sh!t hit the fan the haybob can stop turn even with 200hp in front of it.

That shiny thing on the tractor is the adapter/clutch unit, just makes things fierce long, I have to drive in/out a roll pin to fit/remove it.

One of those bellows could be a good idea alright for the tractor end for a bit of length.
That’s it, hadn’t looked at the photo!

AncImg

That’s a slip clutch, an over run clutch only works one way. You can indeed replace the whole shaft for a modern size one, not a big job to change it. I fit an adaptor to ours when rolling barley for the cattle, for the few times over the winter it’s used I take it off and refit the cover. Just have a bolt going through it instead of a roll pin for handiness.

The toothed ring on our KUHN straw blowers chute has worn through on one section.
Only think available new is a complete chute section which is big money.

I'm half on the hunt for a scrapper to canabolise.

But failing that.
Is it likely to be anything other than mild steel?

And is such a pattern too detailed to cut out with a plasma?

There's a section which is as new so could be used as a template.

Back