Covid 19

Things aren’t going that well here since opening up the country. The lockdown was severe and honestly a little bit brutal with gov taking access to mobile phones, drones remotely patrolling the streets etc etc.
I was in Paris yesterday and it confirms my fears of another wave coming. Too many people not wearing masks and not respecting social distancing. People seem to have forgotten the hassle of lockdown.
We stopped for grub on the way home and the restaurant and staff were observing best practice to the highest level, but there were British, Dutch, Belgians and Danes there. One nationality had to be asked to leave they had so little respect for the guidelines...
I see that there’s large outbreaks from Bayonne to Lille. Things aren’t looking good, not good at all.
I hope I’m wrong.

Kildare, Laois and Offaly to go back into severe lockdown? Speakers on local radio are certainly suggesting that the restaurants and non essential shops need to close in these counties. They are advising people not to use public transport in these counties too.

Kildare, Laois and Offaly to go back into severe lockdown? Speakers on local radio are certainly suggesting that the restaurants and non essential shops need to close in these counties. They are advising people not to use public transport in these counties too.
Good news for the neighbouring counties!:whistle:

Phoned a mart a few days ago to register as a buyer. Got a strict lecture about social distancing and make sure I stuck to the guidelines

Arrived at said mart following day and no precautions being taken by any one, including staff.

Had a look in the canteen and for once in my life my brain overruled my belly.

Phoned a mart a few days ago to register as a buyer. Got a strict lecture about social distancing and make sure I stuck to the guidelines

Arrived at said mart following day and no precautions being taken by any one, including staff.

Had a look in the canteen and for once in my life my brain overruled my belly.
I was in the local mart today and while it wasn't to bad the jobbers had to be asked to try make some effort at distancing by the auctioneer and more then once. Hand sanitizing seems to not matter but considering some lads can't take a shit without covering the place it's hardly surprising they don't keep their hands clean. A splash plate on a scoury bullock wouldnt make as much of a mess as some of the mart jacks ive seen.

Today in my local town it’s market day and it was packed . I was only passing didn’t get out , not much mask wearing or social distancing , feel like we will all be in lockdown again .

I was in the local mart today and while it wasn't to bad the jobbers had to be asked to try make some effort at distancing by the auctioneer and more then once. Hand sanitizing seems to not matter but considering some lads can't take a shit without covering the place it's hardly surprising they don't keep their hands clean. A splash plate on a scoury bullock wouldnt make as much of a mess as some of the mart jacks ive seen.

You'll have to stay your own side of the border now

Lad sent me a pic out of that mart today. 4 year old cow 850 made 1850. Grand for the seller.

Not everyone is wearing masks either.

Was very amused to see an alcoholic in town has started wearing a hard hat. Presume because the footpaths are being repaired.

Not everyone is wearing masks either.

Was very amused to see an alcoholic in town has started wearing a hard hat. Presume because the footpaths are being repaired.

The Flea ? He is wearing a visor for 3 months . He was wearing a cowboy hat and a poncho for a while last winter . Must have been having a "Clint Eastwood " hallucination.

It’s not much comfort seeing a disaster going to plan.

AIB’s top man was on the radio yesterday morning, I’ve never heard a fella sound so positive about something so negative. AIB have 75,000 loans on payment breaks, 10,000 of which are in the UK.
I assume that this is a combination of business & private loans along with mortgages.
75.000 is a lot of loans.

It’s not much comfort seeing a disaster going to plan.

AIB’s top man was on the radio yesterday morning, I’ve never heard a fella sound so positive about something so negative. AIB have 75,000 loans on payment breaks, 10,000 of which are in the UK.
I assume that this is a combination of business & private loans along with mortgages.
75.000 is a lot of loans.

Did he say what percentage the 75,000 loans was out of the total
AIB is only one bank, there will be more than that

If there was a two strikes and your out kind of policy there, they would not be long about social distancing....

I understand that , been on the PTA and have seen principals slosh the dosh and expect the parents to cough up . but when 240 seen an anti covid device and thought of little uns looking at daddy trough perspex cracked me up !
Agree fully . 2 sides to it though. Some of the solutions would crack us all up until we realise who has to pay for it all. Our children will be paying for it along with ourselves for a long time

I understand that , been on the PTA and have seen principals slosh the dosh and expect the parents to cough up . but when 240 seen an anti covid device and thought of little uns looking at daddy trough perspex cracked me up !

Lol. I just copied that. Its serious but a laugh is no harm.

Will they be going back to school at all . The way things are shaping up

Back