Nought as strange as folk!

Stock

This is a quote from one Amos Brearly owner and proprietor of " THE WOOLPACK" played by Roland Magill.
What spurred this memory was a whatapp message I received about a strange individual in Suffolk.........................

https://www.suffolkgazette.com/news/suffolk-man-sex-with-tractors/
suffock gazzette.JPG
I hope we don't have any deviants like that here....................................................

Last edited:
Yes Joe Sugdon was it Annie the mother .I don`t watch much TV now ,but there was a time when I`d come in for a cup of tea before milking and watch Emmerdale farm .while I`m at it we always came in at 12.50 to listen to Harbour Hotel on Radio Erin ,and I DO NOT consider myself even middle aged ...

Yes Joe Sugdon was it Annie the mother .I don`t watch much TV now ,but there was a time when I`d come in for a cup of tea before milking and watch Emmerdale farm .while I`m at it we always came in at 12.50 to listen to Harbour Hotel on Radio Erin ,and I DO NOT consider myself even middle aged ...
If you were Middle aged you would Remember The Kennedys of Castleross . For a brief period my father was Agricultural advisor to it .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kennedys_of_Castleross

F... it I was left school when it finished .

Harbour Hotel . My late mother used to always listen to that . Must be 40 years ago now. Hard to not describe yourself as middle-aged, if not worse .:tt2:

You may start milking again , for old times sake:Whistle2:

Harbour Hotel . My late mother used to always listen to that . Must be 40 years ago now. Hard to not describe yourself as middle-aged, if not worse .:tt2:

Just googled it now . It ran from
1975 until 28 December 1990.

i remember harbour hotel too, what was the county counciilor called in it ? charlie something or other

All my formulative years my abiding memories are of a cracked Bush wireless on the shelf ,which I supposedly caught the cable while in the pram and pulled it off the shelf , probably while listening to The Kennedys of Castleross so dose that make middle aged ?

If you were Middle aged you would Remember The Kennedys of Castleross . For a brief period my father was Agricultural advisor to it .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kennedys_of_Castleross

F... it I was left school when it finished .

I would have a vague memory of The Kennedys of Castleross. Not one name would spring to mind though .

Jacobs , the biscuits firm sponsored a programme. Frank Kelly , aka Father Jack from Father Ted , had a variety of daft characters . Gubnett O Lunacy being one.

I wonder how would Halls pictorial weekly be viewed now Mia and Cha !!!

Cork people still think they are the greatest race of all time. :rolleyes2:

Halls Pictorial Weekly.
Dilapidated Delinquents. Distressed Mothers Of Seven . Jack Finch . (Jack Lynch was Taoiseach at the time and a Corkonian ). We in Feel And Fall keep our promises . Last year , we promised you a bad year to come , and , By God , you got it .:lol:

Halls Pictorial Weekly.
Dilapidated Delinquents. Distressed Mothers Of Seven . Jack Finch . (Jack Lynch was Taoiseach at the time and a Corkonian ). We in Feel And Fall keep our promises . Last year , we promised you a bad year to come , and , By God , you got it .:lol:
Jealousy is not an attractive trait.

Us Cork people don’t think we’re a superior race, we know it :lol:

Halls Pictorial Weekly.
Hadn't they the Minister for Hardship ?

All my formulative years my abiding memories are of a cracked Bush wireless on the shelf ,which I supposedly caught the cable while in the pram and pulled it off the shelf , probably while listening to The Kennedys of Castleross so dose that make middle aged ?
Its probably more a refletion of your intolerance for the forced listening to The Kennedys of Castleross

I would have a vague memory of The Kennedys of Castleross. Not one name would spring to mind though .

Jacobs , the biscuits firm sponsored a programme. Frank Kelly , aka Father Jack from Father Ted , had a variety of daft characters . Gubnett O Lunacy being one.
The glen abbey show? Before my time but there’s a record with various recordings from it at home. The name gubnett rang a bell :lol:

The glen abbey show? Before my time but there’s a record with various recordings from it at home. The name gubnett rang a bell :lol:

You could be right . There were quite a few programmes sponsored by various businesses.
Walton Music. The slogan went something like
" If you are going to sing a song ,
Make sure its an Irish song ".

You could be right . There were quite a few programmes sponsored by various businesses.
Walton Music. The slogan went something like
" If you are going to sing a song ,
Make sure its an Irish song ".
I think some of it involved phone calls to various characters from a phone box, or was it a radio show call in? I remember listening to it years ago in the traditional slightly warped record style

Back