the journal this week

Dont believe anyone selling anything. They all tell you what suits

Fact...any interest in a bit of hay, great may hay still out in the field, honestly it was baled in may and not within the last 2 weeks. I will do u a turn and only take e27 collected for... At times farmers to farmers are worse than any sales man. I could name more hungry farmers who you take ur eye and all than sales reps

Whats the expected life span of the robots.a good parlour if kept maintained would last a hell of a long time

If you keep the wearing parts replaced a parlour could last a lifetime. Unless it got outdated or herd outgrew it. I don't know anything about robots. Not something I'd consider yet anyway.

Why is it robotic milking machine companies can't give a true value of running costs of their machines? Was planning on doing up a shed here for young calfs and putting in a feeder but the running costs seem outrageous
This is a comparison between electricity usage.

Attachments

• ECPLF-Upton-2013.pdf
    100 KB · Views: 41
I really don't see the huge issue. Apart from the grazing aspect, I am not convinced robots and grazing go together but I've never experienced it first hand yet it seems to be where most complaints come from.
How many milking a week do you all do on average, I'm doing 12 right now I get 2 mornings off a week, last time I got time off was round the RWC after 3 days my shoulders and forearms and hands I could feel them loosen up, it was like pain relief from pain I never knew I even had, we don't realise they physical Labour in milking cows. If I could get my uncle to retire or go in partnership now I be over the moon to farm with those robots.

I really don't see the huge issue. Apart from the grazing aspect, I am not convinced robots and grazing go together but I've never experienced it first hand yet it seems to be where most complaints come from.
How many milking a week do you all do on average, I'm doing 12 right now I get 2 mornings off a week, last time I got time off was round the RWC after 3 days my shoulders and forearms and hands I could feel them loosen up, it was like pain relief from pain I never knew I even had, we don't realise they physical Labour in milking cows. If I could get my uncle to retire or go in partnership now I be over the moon to farm with those robots.
Replacement parts on a robot will be cheaper them replacement parts on a human body. I know which I’d prefer to be replacing

I didn’t read it but sounds like someone airing their dirty laundry in public? Never a wise move.
Not terrible, if it wasn't printed in an national news paper.
The Autumn was tough enough without your customers reading in a national news paper that your word is worthless.
There have been a few jobs this Autumn that took more than 2 weeks for me to get to.
I just wouldn't work for someone who publishes problems with only their side aired.

Make it handy for us, what did she say?
Their grazing season ended 2 weeks early and it was the contractors fault, he promised to show for 2 weeks and didn't, then the job was fecked and it is all his fault, and it is costings us a fortune.

Not sure if this is readable.

View attachment 84814
Did she think the contractor was sitting on a beach in Florida for the two weeks that she waited for him, or maybe he was doing work that he had been booked in for before her. I’ll bet he was putting in longer hours than she was too. Hope she makes good her complaint next week, does she think the contractor will come quicker next time...he will for sure...with the bill less discount.

Back