Silage 2020

What’s your opinion on the bottom mirror
They are very big mirrors, seem to have to watch them a bit in sheds, found the bottom mirror handy when working tight to a girder in a shed tho, u can see how close ur tyre is to the girder, but on the road/field I see no advantage.

Got my second cut gathered up over the weekend. Even with the few fine days the grass was slow to wilt I found. Drawing a bit for the last couple of days.
Screenshot_20200810-213711_Snapchat.jpg

I hope you don't consider me rude for butting in but I think it's as useful as an ashtray on a Honda 50

Your spot on .
They are very big mirrors, seem to have to watch them a bit in sheds, found the bottom mirror handy when working tight to a girder in a shed tho, u can see how close ur tyre is to the girder, but on the road/field I see no advantage.
There use is very limited . There shape is wrong would be a nice mirror if they’d show back along a trailer when turned past the view of the main mirror. I like the big mirror better spread of a view . But have to be careful with them .

Your spot on .

There use is very limited . There shape is wrong would be a nice mirror if they’d show back along a trailer when turned past the view of the main mirror. I like the big mirror better spread of a view . But have to be careful with them .
Have u drove any other makes of tractorS to see what their double mirrors were like, I was in a 6130R and I thought the mirrors were better than the Massey.

Can't see how that could compact a pit when it's designed to stay on top of snow.

I know it's different, but think of compacting stone with a digger. There's a slight vibration in the motion of a track, it shakes the stone a bit as you track across it, even if the weight is spread well.

Just wondering would the same principle apply to a pit

I know it's different, but think of compacting stone with a digger. There's a slight vibration in the motion of a track, it shakes the stone a bit as you track across it, even if the weight is spread well.

We used to get it up with a 13t Hitachi when we used to cut our own.unless finely chopped and very shallow layers it wasnt much good bit in saying that donie mackin there at legga uses it on the pit all the time clearing from a jag.video there on you tube.ya cant beat the weight on a narrow wheel to compact right

Can only go by what another contractor told me ( reilly agri who also draw our milk) on you tube there 3 week ago or so.wouldnt be too far from mackins yard but said that pit work all summer was very hard on the chains that it was constantly dry steel against dry steel so went to a jcb loader

Have u drove any other makes of tractorS to see what their double mirrors were like, I was in a 6130R and I thought the mirrors were better than the Massey.
Moved a 145 Deere with the double mirror bottom mirror was a square shape and not as curved as the Massey. Better style by a mile . I see the new series Massey look to have the fendt mirrors on them .

Can't see how that could compact a pit when it's designed to stay on top of snow.

It probably doesn't matter if it is any good or not, it's possibly more the novelty factor than anything else

There is a
Pisten Bully
Keenan self propelled diet feeder
A self propelled slurry tanker and injector
Krone harvester
At least two Fendts
JCB Fastrac with loader
Two or three tri axle slurry tankers, Joskin and Herron
A couple of Scania's

That's what I know of, there is probably more, all top of the range stuff for a digester

Phelim used do for a lad beside me a few yrs ago.different rigs since.havent heard of him doing anyone in ballinamore since.mcgerty far side of carrigallen has one and a new krone went from wilsons up to gortlettra to a dairyman with robots in there in may.donohoes up at legga have a malone

Would there be anybody up your neck of the woods running fusion balers?

Would there be anybody up your neck of the woods running fusion balers?

To be honest id say without much doubt ya could count all fusions in leitrim on one hand.know a dairy man at swanlinbar has one about 2 mile or so from " mick the tyre man " on donedeal.more around killeshandra.
Neighbour of mine worked for mchales til he went to pottinger 14 months ago seen the pottinger impress working 2 yr ago or so and knew mchales had some serious competition up against them...tbh alot of farmers wouldnt have much along with 150 bales or that and dampish ground.ground just wouldnt suit them as such

To be honest id say without much doubt ya could count all fusions in leitrim on one hand.know a dairy man at swanlinbar has one about 2 mile or so from " mick the tyre man " on donedeal.more around killeshandra.
Neighbour of mine worked for mchales til he went to pottinger 14 months ago seen the pottinger impress working 2 yr ago or so and knew mchales had some serious competition up against them...tbh alot of farmers wouldnt have much along with 150 bales or that and dampish ground.ground just wouldnt suit them as such

Pottinger will never even make a dent in mchales baler sales

Pottinger will never even make a dent in mchales baler sales

I don't suppose that Pottinger will , but

Who would have said 25 odd years ago , that a company from the Wesht of Ireland making silage block cutters , would outsell all other makes of balers put together , and it would be with a machine that baled a bale of silage , and applied the wrap to the bale , using 1 tractor and 1 operator.

You yourself , @johndeere6920s were anti McHale for longer than most .

I don't suppose that Pottinger will , but

Who would have said 25 odd years ago , that a company from the Wesht of Ireland making silage block cutters , would outsell all other makes of balers put together , and it would be with a machine that baled a bale of silage , and applied the wrap to the bale , using 1 tractor and 1 operator.

You yourself , @johndeere6920s were anti McHale for longer than most .
I wouldn't say I'm a mchale fan while I'm fond of the new one I wouldn't say its the be all and end all.
IMO there is absolutely no point in this country buying anything else because of backup dealer positioning and resale value.

I wouldn't say I'm a mchale fan while I'm fond of the new one I wouldn't say its the be all and end all.
IMO there is absolutely no point in this country buying anything else because of backup dealer positioning and resale value.

You summed it up very well in the last paragraph.

A neighbour got a paddock baled by a contractor with Fusion about 3 weeks ago . It was nearly 1 am , when he baled it . My neighbour was the 3rd customer that day , and over 10 miles away from the other 2 . He didnt start baling until 2 pm . My neighbour had only 20 bales , but drove the total bales done from 2 pm until 1 am out over the 500 bale mark . That is some output , no matter how you look at it .

Last one I drew from was a 2205.

I met a New Holland SP , on the Birr -Roscrea Road about 3 weeks ago . I think O Briens are the crowd own it ? I wouldnt have seen a NH around here for 20 plus years , and like yourself, it would have been either a 1905/2205 era. Either JD or Class now.

I met a New Holland SP , on the Birr -Roscrea Road about 3 weeks ago . I think O Briens are the crowd own it ? I wouldnt have seen a NH around here for 20 plus years , and like yourself, it would have been either a 1905/2205 era. Either JD or Class now.

Thats a kildare outfit.

Back