Stock Pictures

Get the contractor in to make three bales, Dr Jack would approve.:clap:

A scythe would be the safest machine to use there . I reckon taking a baler there , and his contractor uses a Fusion , would probably result in a brown trouser moment.:cry::scared:

01ECC2AC-D367-4739-BB1E-174E1C69F1E5.jpeg I’ve 18 heifers I bought in the spring,mainly Angus a couple of limmies (not pictured,there at the grazing marsh) and a couple of beef shorthorn,they seem a bit good to fatten and kill,should I be getting them bulled? Or is the calving date going to be late in next year?

7D299FCF-D465-48D1-9B07-7A41105050A5.jpeg

20200815_123252.jpg
Sheep must be out of fashion in the Emerald Isle,very few pics appear on here of them.
They are more popular on the western side of the country I suppose, the number of lowland flocks has reduced a lot. Not that many on here in a big way at them I dont think, indeed we dont keep sheep ourselves, I was just there for work.

Terrific turnout though with buyers from all over the country, sheep were looking really well too

Time waits for nobody. I once found a very old map online from the early 1800s . and it shows a large building here. This is the only trace of it . I assume it collapsed and eventually got covered up. View attachment 81201 View attachment 81202

http://map.geohive.ie/mapviewer.html If you go into the Base Information and Mapping tab at the side you can see all the different maps going back to 1837. It is really interesting to see how the field sizes have changed and how the position of some of the old roads have changed as well.

Back