New vs old

Kubota will be players eventually.

firstly they need a network,

then they need to decide on a sensible colour scheme for AG units other than that orange. Paint them metallic grey, identify them separate to the amenity stuff (thats where the ‘light’ perception comes from) and they wpuld be on twice as many shopping lists.
Samco has taking on the dealership for limerick I hear .

They be a grand tractor probaly for a farmers use topping fertilizer spraying paddocks agitating and spreading your own fym and slurry.
Whereas a bigger heavier tractor needed for the heavier jobs.
Very few deeres round here as they classed as to heavy in general for the lighter work but becoming more popular with 650 710 boots fitted.lighter tractors can get away for most farmers work
That's not true you can get big kubotas too.
The problem with them is the resale value isn't that high on them and at the end of the day anyone buying new tractors on a regular basis figures matter alot more than the color

Clarkes of cavan have a right few sold.know of 2 men half way between here n the border that bought 2.im persuming there probaly round 100hp mark.cheaper than equivalent valtra power bracket

Agree on the colour. Orange isn't the greatest. If they want to gain a bit of traction here then an eye catching colour is no. one. Black looks very well on tractors I think so perhaps a metallic black?.
i don,t mind the orange colour on the body its the orange wheels that look awful , put white or silver wheels on one and modernise the styling to make them look less like an overgrown lawn mower and you,re on a winner

i don,t mind the orange colour on the body its the orange wheels that look awful , put white or silver wheels on one and modernise the styling to make them look less like an overgrown lawn mower and you,re on a winner
One of the English dealers does that, silver or black they recon it sets them off better than the orange .

I saw one about 10 years ago with white wheels and still didn't like it. There's just to much orange. Styling wise I didn't think they actually look to bad.

Other than the grey fergy was there any other tractor that had bodywork and wheels the same colour?
Even though people will say its the tractor whats important not the colour, the fact remains that aesthetics play a huge part in the marketing sucess of any machine.
White,grey, silver or black would suit them so much better IMO.

Edit.
The chocolate&white era of David Brown also had the same colour bonnet and wheels but they managed to pull it off(because there was a substantial area of brown breaking up the white) whereas Kubota are just a big orange blob.

Other than the grey fergy was there any other tractor that had bodywork and wheels the same colour?
Even though people will say its the tractor whats important not the colour, the fact remains that aesthetics play a huge part in the marketing sucess of any machine.
White,grey, silver or black would suit them so much better IMO.

Edit.
The chocolate&white era of David Brown also had the same colour bonnet and wheels but they managed to pull it off(because there was a substantial area of brown breaking up the white) whereas Kubota are just a big orange blob.

Same, Lamborghini and Hurlimann of the 70s and early 80s :wink:

JCB Fastrac now

The grey they use on their chassis/cab frame looks well with the Orange. I wonder how they'd look with the wheels that colour?

That's not true you can get big kubotas too.
The problem with them is the resale value isn't that high on them and at the end of the day anyone buying new tractors on a regular basis figures matter alot more than the color

The point is, the colour differentiates them from the lawnmowers, so that those who buy tractors regularly would consider them.

paint has no bearing on residual value, its desirability that sets that, as it stands, secondhand they are not that desirable.

The point is, the colour differentiates them from the lawnmowers, so that those who buy tractors regularly would consider them.

paint has no bearing on residual value, its desirability that sets that, as it stands, secondhand they are not that desirable.

When you think about it though, John Deere supply a lot of both domestic and commercial lawn/groundcare equipment, as do New Holland, and nobody seem too bothered that the colours are the same in all ranges.
I think Kubota orange is just about okay on smaller equipment, but its a tad too much on full size tractors, especially when they are painting the wheels orange too.

When you think about it though, John Deere supply a lot of both domestic and commercial lawn/groundcare equipment, as do New Holland, and nobody seem too bothered that the colours are the same in all ranges.

but those 2 brands were built on AG equipment, groundscare/amenity/utility equipment came after. Whereas Kubota is the other way around

JD paint their forestry equipment in a different livery as their construction, for no reason other than its what the market wants.

Back