Fast bales

Was thinking on the lots of bales farm.
There are a few other factors.
H&S. Sending staff up on an unprotected drop without safety gear is getting more and more of a no no. Wouldn't happen in another industry. Add in cold and ice....

Staff. Its a lot of work opening and closing pits. A mate of mine has a huge pit and its always a struggle to find help, no one comes tondo it twice. He's taken to offering cash on FB to do the job!

No need to get every field timed precisely. Can just do bits as you please.

Will it be within legal weight limits with 24 bales of silage on it I wonder. Not too many yards around malone where one would fit :thumbup: anything they make is well made so I presume this won’t be any different

Looks to me it loads the top half first when its lowered, raise all that up and then load the bottom.:scratchhead:

If that is the case I'd be concerned of its centre of gravity!

Woops, looks like it's 20 alright, sounds like there'll be another video about it tomorrow.

Looks to me it loads the top half first when its lowered, raise all that up and then load the bottom.:scratchhead:

good point

but would it be that once you fill the top row you don’t actually lift it up to second story until you have the bottom full but out to the side

so you would only raise up the top level when you have collected all the bottom row bales as well?

that’s just a guess

would love to see a proper video of it in action

Outer bar seems to be holding them when it’s in the fully closed position

Attachments

• 7E255132-31D0-4A3D-A00E-F87F10FA92E5.jpeg
    7E255132-31D0-4A3D-A00E-F87F10FA92E5.jpeg
    454 KB · Views: 60
It`s looks impressive thats for sure . You have the option of bringing 8 bales or 16 . The frame work for lifting the top row up add`s a bit to the length , it looks to be the same length as a traditional 10 pack .
malone.PNG

Problem is, you now need a dedicated chaser driver when you get into that sort of money. thats nothing new in the big baler game, but with these type setups they still need handling when you get them back to the yard. So a loader of some sort or tractor.
They save time, but at what cost? How much would you need to charge an hour for that setup, a driver and a 150hp tractor? Then factor in the final phase rehandling.

No they could be left down while the rest are folded out. Unreal design ingenious but my god would that be a heavy machine! Not nearly enough flotation for the weight.

On a shortish draw wud it bring 80 bales an hour???? If u charged a 100 an hour for the trailer and 60 for the lad in the yard stacking, that wud work out at 2 euro a bale which wouldn’t be too outrageous, even 2.50 a bale wouldn’t be too bad either.

I still say at that money for all that's included a forestry forwarder with a flat deck on would be worth considering.
One man could stack and all then.

If only they were faster on the road

Back