What are you up to in the workshop?

Anyone know where do get this type of dummy female fittings to keep hoses clean and stored tidy ?

Attachments

• 2D1A48F6-3E86-4125-A0A3-CEBCC1769AC3.png
    2D1A48F6-3E86-4125-A0A3-CEBCC1769AC3.png
    3 MB · Views: 101
I don't know about their Covid arrangements, but they do sell to the public in their Tullow store, I would have thought most good hydraulic sellers would be able to get the blanking caps?

I got these a few years ago through my local dealer and near certain he ordered them off mchugh components
View attachment 82464

iv tryed a few none seam to know what I’m talking about whats the proper name for them ?

While standing at the back of the 6640 when removing the transport pin on the tedder I happened to pass my view past the lift arm on the right side which has the adjuster levelling box at the bottom for setting the right lift arm height. The box is screwed together by a 45mm threaded cap which carries the full weight of the lift arm. What my eye caught was that the cap had slipped out of its threaded housing on one side by a few threads and I decided to investigate. Sure enough the locating grubscrew that prevented the cap from unscrewing had come loose and the threads had become damaged. New parts ordered but wasnt impressed on how fine the threads on the cap were, same with the original toplink which got loose quickly. Lucky for me this didnt part company with a big load on board while on the road.
View attachment 82119
This arrived today, one piece from Spain and the other from Italy. All genuine Ford parts, nothing else available.
20200922_160351.jpg

We'll that's a result, I'll bet your your glad to see that.
Is there any way of detecting a broken impeller without removing the pump?
That’s for certain. @johndeere6920s gave me the tip of checking the temp of the pipe coming from the pump . It was cold with the temp gauge in the red and the pipe from the rad very hot . Kind of points to the water not circulating.

New water pump landed this evening came with paper gasket . No reason I can’t use a tube of gasket instead. Not mad on the paper will leak before it seals .

Use a good quality rtv sealer on both sides of the paper gasket. Have done a good few that way and never had any issue. Used sealer on its own once as gasket didn’t come with pump and had trouble getting it to seal properly.

Paper gaskets should be used with a non setting sealant like hylomar blue. Very thin smear each side of the paper,

Back