Silage 2020

Tom Pembertons a dose.
Hi Auld fella is a laugh though.
Anyone ever watch the foot paring guy from Scotland’s he’s good, can’t think of his name, he did a video at pembertons one time.

Still at it
20200922_121626.jpg

Made another dose of lucky bags this evening. I thought I was finished making next years slurry a couple of months ago but excellent growth and a moory field I might not get to graze before the weather goes flop one of those days meant I had a bit of spare grass going. It started tipping it down just as we were coming out of the field.

Only started watching him recently myself . The scale of his place is mad .
I was looking at one of his videos last night and I see he has 7 of those Ideal combines now. I saw something somewhere that said his family are farming 65,000 acres. Whether thats accurate or wild speculation I don't know but when you hear him say he has over 5500 acres in one field it might be so far out.

He comes across sound enough. My 3 year old is obsessed with him

I see a lot of people I know on Toms clips,lad who did the deal on my silo barn was in a clip one day,I asked him a couple of days later about it and he said he must have had 20 people ring him and say they’d seen him on YouTube.

There’s an Irish lad on YouTube my neighbour told me to watch but I can’t remember his name (wasn’t mr cvx).

Farmer phil or gerry 6420
I see a lot of people I know on Toms clips,lad who did the deal on my silo barn was in a clip one day,I asked him a couple of days later about it and he said he must have had 20 people ring him and say they’d seen him on YouTube.

There’s an Irish lad on YouTube my neighbour told me to watch but I can’t remember his name (wasn’t mr cvx).

He said it’s similar to his farm lots of mishaps?

Does farmer Phil have fergies?

We are going a bit off topic but yes that's Farmer Phil.

Gerry6420 is another good one and a member on here and another is Harry's Farm which is one I've started to watch lately.

Probably just me but I prefer these type of videos to the marketing type of videos from Grassmen and the like but that could be personal preference!

Gerry is good and I like these guys. Cole and his dad Brian are good fun and work well together. https://www.youtube.com/c/SonneFarms

Mike Mitchell is a header, there's no variety in his videos. And he'd reck your head.
I like Sonne Farms, good mix of cattle and cropping. Straight Pipe Acres I like as well, another mix of cattle and crops but running old equipment with the associated breakdowns. Fast Ag Montana and Larsen Farms if you like the big modern kit.

I rather tom over that cole d cornstar lad he trys to act a bit much in my view. Reminds me of a poorer version of fair city in a few vids iv seen

Only really watched Cole the corn star a few weeks back when he got hit with a tornado, not a fan of his style either.
Mike Mitchell in Canada now he’s a funny fella and isn’t afraid to test stuff currently in an argument with Deere as they pulled an x9 combine before he demoed it.

I was looking at one of his videos last night and I see he has 7 of those Ideal combines now. I saw something somewhere that said his family are farming 65,000 acres. Whether thats accurate or wild speculation I don't know but when you hear him say he has over 5500 acres in one field it might be so far out.
I watched a few of Mike’s videos aswell the scale is serious i watched some of the planting videos they can plant 240 acres an hour. Think he farms 40,000 acres some of his land is a 100 mile from his yard.

I like looking at the Tom Pemberton videos as he is not that far from where we used to live. There is a nice bit of variation in his videos, its not all glitz and glamour plus he is honest about the stuff he gets because of who he is. Would happily sit and watch FarmFlix but keep forgetting I have a subscription so end up doing a binge to catch up.

Not looked at many other channels. There is another fella in the East Anglia direction but I cannot listen to his monotone accent.

I did drop down to the Pottinger event last week and there was a serious amount of drones flying around, never knew there were so many YouTube channels in Ireland

I watched a few of Mike’s videos aswell the scale is serious i watched some of the planting videos they can plant 240 acres an hour. Think he farms 40,000 acres some of his land is a 100 mile from his yard.
Mind boggling scale compared to here. It would make you wonder at just how many people in this world he alone feeds and not one bit of regard from them for it.

I thought he was excellent on the bbc during the floods and a much needed counterweight to the 'rewild and flood everything' opinions you see so often.

Can't stand Cole, have given him a few chances, but just cant manage it.

I like Tom Pemberton but his intro thing subscribe, bell, thursday, saturday spiel in every video is a bit of a headwreck, but closer to what many of us might face with sh*te and wet ground and the like.

I'm a big fan of Welker Farms in the states, the quality of their video production is excellent and it's fascinating to see how its done at the far side of the world. Scale is impressive especially as it seems to be only four of them full time with a few extras for harvest.

Farming Fixing & Fabricating. A lot of silage and corn to feed 2000 dairy cows, don't get to see much of the cows. Lots of field work and lots of workshop when things break, shows it all tells it how it is.
Brian's Farming Videos, about the same scale as Cole the cornstarch but a much more viewable relaxed style.

Back