Tyres

They don't like high pressure either..:whistle:..
index.php
Ouch, did it clip something?

Ouch, did it clip something?
Touched nothing, the result of a good few hours taking the weight of the hedgecutter, arm was even in close at the time so no real pressure but at full reach and tractor light in front it would be carrying the best part of 8 tons, luckily I was in a place where I could limp to safety.

Touched nothing, the result of a good few hours taking the weight of the hedgecutter, arm was even in close at the time so no real pressure but at full reach and tractor light in front it would be carrying the best part of 8 tons, luckily I was in a place where I could limp to safety.
Not good.
Wesley James is giving out stink about the load capacity of 65 aspect tyres and pushing everyone to go 70's instead, Chris was giving out about 65's on narrow rims and blaming them. Wes claims they are better the 70's are better, but I disagree that it is that simple, Michelin 70's have much better sidewalls than their standard 65's, but BKT standard 70's are way poorer than their 65's.
Anyone try the BKT steel belted tyres designed for hedge cutting?

Not good.
Wesley James is giving out stink about the load capacity of 65 aspect tyres and pushing everyone to go 70's instead, Chris was giving out about 65's on narrow rims and blaming them. Wes claims they are better the 70's are better, but I disagree that it is that simple, Michelin 70's have much better sidewalls than their standard 65's, but BKT standard 70's are way poorer than their 65's.
What did you do with the old tyres?

Not good.
Don't want a new tyre to replace it but got my hands on a 30% Michelin Multibib, hopefully it has a better sidewall than the Trelly, to keep the ratio with a 70 I'd have to go down to 520/70 which has less load rating. Tyre is up in the low 30's psi and the work is at little more than snails pace.

Hi im looking to buy 55km/hr tractor tyres soon so I'm looking for advice and experiences thanks . I'm narrowing it down to trellys or Michelin ? My biggest concern and what I most want to avoid is cracks on d sidewall when only half worn . Two different sizes in question, 650/65/r38 and 650/75/r38 ?

Hi im looking to buy 55km/hr tractor tyres soon so I'm looking for advice and experiences thanks . I'm narrowing it down to trellys or Michelin ? My biggest concern and what I most want to avoid is cracks on d sidewall when only half worn . Two different sizes in question, 650/65/r38 and 650/75/r38 ?

What make was on the tractor and how did they wear?
Michelin tyres have been very disappointing here in terms of tyre wear. Very little left after 5000 hours on 50km tractors, they’d be doing plenty of road work, very little ploughing.

We put on our first set of Bridgestones in May 19, very impressed with them, comfortable on the road, good traction in the field, there is a decent amount of rubber on them when new, so far they seem to be wearing well. We changed other sets since and have went went Bridgestones also.

Bridgestone do a new "VF" 65/65r38 that may be worth considering, if low pressures are an advantage to you. They offer a massive step forward in load carrying capacity and ability to run at very low pressures, they need wider rims to get the best out of them, but they can be fitted to standard rims and will still deliver very good reductions in pressures or increased load capacity.
https://www.bridgestone.ie/agricultural/vt-tractor/

I have Bridgestones . Half worn and cracking mad . I'm gone full circle so to speak with tyres and at d end of d day Its back to Michelin or trellys to carry weight at speed on d road .
Were they VX or VT?
I don't think Trellys are near as good as they used to be, a small bit soft and prone to damage IMHO.

Vt-tractor. No good . Der expensive tyres now because they must be thrown off
That is not good.
Sorry for all the questions, I almost bought a set a few months ago, went with Michy Axiobibs 2 after, but was still thinking I may have been wrong to pay the few grand extra for them.
Were they on the wide rims or standard?

That is not good.
Sorry for all the questions, I almost bought a set a few months ago, went with Michy Axiobibs 2 after, but was still thinking I may have been wrong to pay the few grand extra for them.
Were they on the wide rims or standard?
Standard , the worse thing about it they wer as expensive as Michelin. Lesson learned

Hi,
Has anyone got a recent price for new 16.9 r34, 420/85 r34 tyres?, may need to get a pair for the 6410, some secondhand ones advertised and I'd like to get an idea of new prices to see if they are an option before ringing around.

Thanks
Got a new set of 420/85/r34 bkt's fitted at the weekend by Wesley James in Tullow, they should see the 6410 out.

As good a place as any to put this .
I was in with tyre lad this morning getting a tyre on jeep cattle box .
He had a pair of new BKT 650/65 × 38s, to be fitted to a local man's tractor at 10 am tomorrow. I casually asked how bad a shock he would be getting 😏.
€1550 plus the vat , he replied , but there is worse to come , he said . "I won't be able to get the front pair for him for 3 to 4 weeks , and because of container costs , the price of tyres is going one way ".
Then I got a lecture on how the Suez blockage , was a conspiracy , to increase transport costs etc .
He also commented that his business is back a fairly noticeable amount , due to people not traveling as much , and therefore not wearing out as many tyres.

Not a fan of bkt tyres on ground round this way.if a field was worked in conditions that were anyway a touch less than ideal with a tractor on bkts it would be very obvious from the surface lug markings as compared to a Michelin or a older Goodyear.

I know they suit a lot of budgets & needs undoubtedly,but to me are a complete compromise on heavy grass soils.

As good a place as any to put this .
I was in with tyre lad this morning getting a tyre on jeep cattle box .
He had a pair of new BKT 650/65 × 38s, to be fitted to a local man's tractor at 10 am tomorrow. I casually asked how bad a shock he would be getting 😏.
€1550 plus the vat , he replied , but there is worse to come , he said . "I won't be able to get the front pair for him for 3 to 4 weeks , and because of container costs , the price of tyres is going one way ".
Then I got a lecture on how the Suez blockage , was a conspiracy , to increase transport costs etc .
He also commented that his business is back a fairly noticeable amount , due to people not traveling as much , and therefore not wearing out as many tyres.
I got Bridgestone VXs same size for 1425+vat last month. Looks like I got a good deal. Took a few weeks for them to come in. They were hard got, they came in separately two weeks apart.

Not a fan of bkt tyres on ground round this way.if a field was worked in conditions that were anyway a touch less than ideal with a tractor on bkts it would be very obvious from the surface lug markings as compared to a Michelin or a older Goodyear.

I know they suit a lot of budgets & needs undoubtedly,but to me are a complete compromise on heavy grass soils.
Def agree, put bkt's on a tractor here this year and spreading fertiliser on a fields a few weeks back they appear sore on ground. Thought it might be just my imagination but obviously not.

I got Bridgestone VXs same size for 1425+vat last month. Looks like I got a good deal. Took a few weeks for them to come in. They were hard got, they came in separately two weeks apart.

Your point is exactly his point .

He reckons that they were possibly 100 apiece dearer than last month , a lot caused by a container costing 3 times as much to transport now , but still only holding the same amount .Supply was erratic, to say the least , yours came 2 weeks apart , for the 1 pair . He was expecting the fronts in 3 to 4 weeks , after the rears .

Back