Silage 2020

Farming Fixing & Fabricating. A lot of silage and corn to feed 2000 dairy cows, don't get to see much of the cows. Lots of field work and lots of workshop when things break, shows it all tells it how it is.
Brian's Farming Videos, about the same scale as Cole the cornstarch but a much more viewable relaxed style.
Yeah, Andy Hourigan, I like his videos haven't watched them in a while, he's got a serious operation as well. Mad for the Deeres.

Reactions: Paw
what are those devices they were sticking into the side of the pit under the first layer of plastic?
Is it these ur asking about?
1C68925B-7CBB-4AB9-92C1-71EEAA0B5D2B.png

what are those devices they were sticking into the side of the pit under the first layer of plastic?

Apparently electric fans to draw out air betweeen the first layer and the silage, if you watch they use them on each section of the clear layer.

whatsapp://send?text=%E2%80%98We+are+the+wives+of+four+of+the+Killen+Brothers%E2%80%99%20%0A%0A%20https://thatsfarming.com/farming-news/we-are-the-wives-of-four-of-the-killen-brothers/

Some outfit.fair play to the ladies.where did we go wrong !!!.
Some fleet of machinery and milking cows aswell.
Also montgomery bros in Eglinton in derry are milking and contracting.was in one of there parlours a few yrs ago.a fine farm and well ran

whatsapp://send?text=%E2%80%98We+are+the+wives+of+four+of+the+Killen+Brothers%E2%80%99%20%0A%0A%20https://thatsfarming.com/farming-news/we-are-the-wives-of-four-of-the-killen-brothers/

Some outfit.fair play to the ladies.where did we go wrong !!!.
Some fleet of machinery and milking cows aswell.
Also montgomery bros in Eglinton in derry are milking and contracting.was in one of there parlours a few yrs ago.a fine farm and well ran
I'd say the cows are keeping the machinery on the road

I'd say the cows are keeping the machinery on the road
I know it was said earlier on some thread that some dairy farming contractors were not always up to scratch with there work but when you take 6 brothers and there father out for a wage every year the machinery has to be paying its way.440 cows wont make much of an impression in there business with all thats going on..fair play to them and there families for what there achieving.
I know of a few contractors that feel like teagasc that a dairyman should only have a mf 35 and link box....up here alot of dairymen we mow our own grass and shake it out and the contractors dont have any issues with it bar a few

A lot of lads wouldnt leave it that neat if they had a month on it though. I know the silage preserves anyway but in the need for speed in recent years I do think the attention to detail and the pride in appearance on clamps has suffered
He takes pictures of the clamp after he’s done ✅

“Do you want a brew George?”
“No I want to have another half hour rolling”👍

A lot of lads wouldnt leave it that neat if they had a month on it though. I know the silage preserves anyway but in the need for speed in recent years I do think the attention to detail and the pride in appearance on clamps has suffered
Lad that normally is on the loader for our contractor has no interest in rolling at all .dose it up in the one go and take out the phone.some day il bury his phone.only for we roll it ourselves aswell the pit would be up in the clouds.he has no interest in the job anyway.rolling is very important as is shallow layers

Lad that normally is on the loader for our contractor has no interest in rolling at all .dose it up in the one go and take out the phone.some day il bury his phone.only for we roll it ourselves aswell the pit would be up in the clouds.he has no interest in the job anyway.rolling is very important as is shallow layers
Can you tell the contractor to put someone else on the pit or you find another contractor?

Can you tell the contractor to put someone else on the pit or you find another contractor?
Thats the problem.not much choice with pit outfits but could get any amount of balers.to be fair to the contractor he is only has 2 full timers and depends on partfarmers aswell , he does alot of baling aswell so hence there is a number of us that mow our own grass ahead of his harvestor when it suits us from midday on.he knows i dont like to see that particular loader driver yet his brother is a cop and does a great job on the jcb

Reactions: Paw
Back