Hedge cutter stalling tractor

I engage and disingage the head twice in a short period to prevent conking in 1000 rpm, I was told by spear head it’s no harm to the machine. I’m only burning 7.5 litres on hour at that

I engage and disingage the head twice in a short period to prevent conking in 1000 rpm, I was told by spear head it’s no harm to the machine. I’m only burning 7.5 litres on hour at that
What tractor?
My mf uses about 8l a hour in 540e at 1350rpm

What tractor?
Fuel use is more related to work done than engine revs, you might be using less per hour by putting less load on the hedge cutter depending on forward speed or type of growth.

Fuel use is more related to work done than engine revs, you might be using less per hour by putting less load on the hedge cutter depending on forward speed or type of growth.
I could cut 3 years growth and a years growth and use the exact same amount of diesel per hour, just takes longer to cut the 3 years growth, @headcase 7616

is that going by the meter on the tractor or the meter on the fuel tank
Mine would be the same about 8l a hour, heavy or light going just the quantity of work varies
Meter on my 7480 is about 10%out so factor that and it's near enough to tank meters

It's been years since I checked the meter on the tractor compared to tank . I've found in the past when working hard there not far out but hedgecutting there miles out . I once filled up with 300l and it was out by 70
Heres my figures il be surprised if there right. 1262 rpm 1000 shaft running at 620 rpm 20200924_100110.jpg

What tractor?
Current hedger runs on 1000 pto at a max of 700 revs but I usually run it between 550-600 which has the tractor at 1300-1350, been on a job that had an hour and a half travel to and from it, clocked 25 hours of rotor running (it logs hrs worked) and mostly in work at 2mph on siding and 1.5mph on top work, very little reversing involved, ended up at bang on 250 litres and guessing the tractor did around 28 hrs would be 9 litres /hr

Current hedger runs on 1000 pto at a max of 700 revs but I usually run it between 550-600 which has the tractor at 1300-1350, been on a job that had an hour and a half travel to and from it, clocked 25 hours of rotor running (it logs hrs worked) and mostly in work at 2mph on siding and 1.5mph on top work, very little reversing involved, ended up at bang on 250 litres and guessing the tractor did around 28 hrs would be 9 litres /hr
mine maxes out at 780 rpm

Is the head valve cable or solenoid? The 5000 here was a sod starting, couldn't ease it in on the lever so put weaker springs in the detents on the valve which helped a lot. Always start the head in the vertical position makes it a bit easier on the everything.
Thanks,I think you mentioned that to me before and I had forgotten,no problems starting it now .

Mine would be the same about 8l a hour, heavy or light going just the quantity of work varies
Meter on my 7480 is about 10%out so factor that and it's near enough to tank meters
Checked out the meter on my tractor over 2 days hedge cutting with about 3 hours road running flung in but the meter on the fuel tank was showing 184 L which is well over what the onboard confuser is showing which is in line with what I've experienced in the past

Attachments

• 20201001_182549.jpg
    20201001_182549.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 29
Checked out the meter on my tractor over 2 days hedge cutting with about 3 hours road running flung in but the meter on the fuel tank was showing 184 L which is well over what the onboard confuser is showing which is in line with what I've experienced in the past
Is the tank meter right tho..

Back