Few pictures of stuff

The 865 must be a fair animal to take the crop in, she’s not being spared either judging by the exhaust smoke!
Great to have both machines available with the broken weather.
"The Massey Plume" I think they were known for back in the day. The powerflow header is a super job for giving a nice steady feed to the drum. It fairly gets across a field I can say although the straw is very green and damp in some of the fields and that does slow it down. We need a week of heat badly to properly ripen the crops but thats looking less and less likely.

Finished the last of the straw tonight. I'm fair glad I can draw a line under this harvest.
New to me baler below
20200913_202016.jpg
I'm not short on power that's for sure but I did make 450 odd bales with the 362 as everything else was tied up on grain trailers at the time. Surprisingly it drove the baler the finest although it had nothing left to spare either.

Good choice of Baler!! Best of luck with it. Just keep the net feed roller clean and shiny!
Thanks, I was lucky finding that baler as it only ever baled straw where it came from and still has paint on the insides of the bale chamber it has so little done. This is the first year it's worked since 2014.

Finished the last of the straw tonight. I'm fair glad I can draw a line under this harvest.
New to me baler below
View attachment 82238
I'm not short on power that's for sure but I did make 450 odd bales with the 362 as everything else was tied up on grain trailers at the time. Surprisingly it drove the baler the finest although it had nothing left to spare either.

Underbelly clearance must be an issue when using the 362, on its 13.6 x 32s?
Well wear with the Krone. It sound to be quite a find.

Underbelly clearance must be an issue when using the 362, on its 13.6 x 32s?
Well wear with the Krone. It sound to be quite a find.
It was an issue with the bigger swards of straw from the 865 but a bit of jigging side to side kept it from dragging. The 10ft swards from the 520 were no bother to it.
Aye I went to look at it thinking yer man was blowing it up a bit and I couldn't believe it when I saw the bale count on it. I brought it home the same day.

It was an issue with the bigger swards of straw from the 865 but a bit of jigging side to side kept it from dragging. The 10ft swards from the 520 were no bother to it.
Aye I went to look at it thinking yer man was blowing it up a bit and I couldn't believe it when I saw the bale count on it. I brought it home the same day.
Is it the comfort model with the buzzer telling you which way to pull. To be fair looks genuine but very easy to reset total bale number on it.

Is it the comfort model with the buzzer telling you which way to pull. To be fair looks genuine but very easy to reset total bale number on it.
It is the comfort one. A right obnoxious feckin buzzer it is. There's a way to get the master bale count up on the monitor. A call to the Krone dealer not far from here got me it's proper bale count.

Well wear with the baler DP, as you say not short of power anyway :laugh:
Ah but the air conditioning and dust proof cab is well worth it. The 362 was grand apart form the heat the 2 days I was using it. The blizzard was nothing short of miserable as it has no working fan and isn't nearly as comfortable a cab as the 362. I was like one of those African lads getting off it one evening :laugh:. Getting stuck with the baler during the sb was the best thing ever because thats when the Valtra was introduced and sweet jaysus the comfort was something else so thats the baler tractor now unless it's on trailer duties.

New to me baler below
View attachment 82238

Best of luck with the baler. Wouldn't think the valmet would die down when its full :laugh:

Ah but the air conditioning and dust proof cab is well worth it. The 362 was grand apart form the heat the 2 days I was using it. The blizzard was nothing short of miserable as it has no working fan and isn't nearly as comfortable a cab as the 362. I was like one of those African lads getting off it one evening :laugh:. Getting stuck with the baler during the sb was the best thing ever because thats when the Valtra was introduced and sweet jaysus the comfort was something else so thats the baler tractor now unless it's on trailer duties.

Would you not be better getting another tractor that has all the proper baling mod cons so you could do the baling right :wink:

Apart from the fan and probably the spool valve controls, I would have said there was little in the difference between the MF300 cab and the Blizzard cab.:scratchhead:

A nice 3655 now is all you need :cool1:

Apart from the fan and probably the spool valve controls, I would have said there was little in the difference between the MF300 cab and the Blizzard cab.:scratchhead:

A nice 3655 now is all you need :cool1:
The seating position is lower relative to the steering on the 362 whereas the Landini your reaching down to it all the time. Spool levers are nicer as you say and it's a quieter nicer cab in general. Far sharper brakes and a nicer clutch also and for a small brat of a tractor it has far superior hydraulics. A 399 would be ideally suited to the job, if only the one here had been kept years ago.
The Valtra in 540 eco on the pto is very frugal on diesel and I'm getting to the age where it's not worth putting in long hours in misery.

The seating position is lower relative to the steering on the 362 whereas the Landini your reaching down to it all the time. Spool levers are nicer as you say and it's a quieter nicer cab in general. Far sharper brakes and a nicer clutch also and for a small brat of a tractor it has far superior hydraulics. A 399 would be ideally suited to the job, if only the one here had been kept years ago.
The Valtra in 540 eco on the pto is very frugal on diesel and I'm getting to the age where it's not worth putting in long hours in misery.

Is it next year that you are getting the pension :laugh:

must say my roundpack was well suited to the 6180mf, tried the valmet but just wasnt right for me. had it on the 390, not good, partically ground clearance and mostly not enough nags for the hill. great baler, best of luck with it.

Back