Few pictures of stuff

For today's virtual mars bar, anyone care to guess what this is?. 30 years since I last saw one.
View attachment 82547
Puffball mushroom.
img_7821.jpg

Was late, as usual

Few pictures of what I'm amusing myself with these days.
20201013_190828.jpg20201015_164908.jpg20201013_191043.jpg
Land is varying from good order to downright sulky. I've only pressed one field that came up in great order. The rest is straight in with the one pass and nothing else. Headlands are getting ploughed after the middles are sown. That's a first for me as I've always ploughed the lot pre sowing. All wb so far. I'm revising my wheat acres down from talk I'm hearing and I expect a glut of straw next year and while you'll always shift barley straw wheat is harder sell. I'm teetering between no oats and fcuk all oats. If I get into next week fine I'll sow some and if not then sb.

Imported all the way from Wexico land.
20201030_162653.jpg
I want a grand total of 5 components from the gearbox of this for that dexta I started into about this time last year. Im converting my own to livedrive instead of the standard configuration it's in.

We got a start on the wheat this evening. That headland is full of shores both modern piped ones and ancient box shores and it's still wet. Luckily it's only about and acres worth is like that and it always grows great crops despite the mauling it gets.
View attachment 83437
Is the dash cam for protecting against idiot drivers or a different reason altogether ?

Imported all the way from Wexico land.
View attachment 83944
I want a grand total of 5 components from the gearbox of this for that dexta I started into about this time last year. Im converting my own to livedrive instead of the standard configuration it's in.

Whats your own gearbox like ?
That tractor has been exposed to the elements for many a year.

Whats your own gearbox like ?
That tractor has been exposed to the elements for many a year.
It's in fairly good nick. All I need out of that doner tractor is the clutch, input shafts and a couple of internal gears and bearings to make my own into a live drive. The castings are already there in my own gearbox housing to do the conversion. I'll take a few pictures of the process as and when I get time to do it.

Homemade trailer ?
It's an ex ESB trailer. It was used to carry the big spools of power cables and roll them out. It belongs to a friend of mine and he just modified the floor as the positions for the spools had no floor under them. He also painted it red as it was a sort of a creamy white when he bought it.

Back