Which parlour

Aye the rapid exit manger seems a fantastic idea, I'm a parlour feeding fan, like to be able to fine tune what each cow gets according to yield.

I feed to yield with out of parlour feeders now,tried without and lost a lot of milk.

Milking without feeders is quicker and far less dust in the parlour.

Not sure the price now as ours came with the parlour, but I can find out as 'Ballygreenan' on here has recently got one.

They don't restrict the flow at all, we are very happy with it and has paid for itself many many times over! I wouldn't cool milk without a pre cooler of some description.

[MENTION=4071]Ballygreenan[/MENTION] how much?

Do you have a pre chiller plus the packo?

I'm thinking of just the cooler with lots of fresh water through it.

Had a saleman in pricing me up a parlour today. Chap was younger than me, prb mid 20s, and jumped out of a love 2010 audi. Ya ever get that feeling your in the wrong business ha?

[MENTION=4071]Ballygreenan[/MENTION] how much?

Do you have a pre chiller plus the packo?

I'm thinking of just the cooler with lots of fresh water through it.

I don't bother with a pre-chiller, unless the milk tanker lands when milking is just finishing and your tank is struggling to get down to temperature on time, i wouldn't bother with the iced water.

Delaval are obviously in the market a while.

I think this was to do with stirring butter years ago

View attachment 81633
thats a separator, there is a bell in the centre of it and you had to turn it a certain speed until the bell rang every second and then you kept it at that speed , it separated the cream from whole milk and then the cream was churned to make butter but then you probably knew that already :deyective:

thats a separator, there is a bell in the centre of it and you had to turn it a certain speed until the bell rang every second and then you kept it at that speed , it separated the cream from whole milk and then the cream was churned to make butter but then you probably knew that already :deyective:
That's pretty ingenious

Are you going to start milking, posting in the parlour thread and doing some building work in another thread:lol:

The last suckler cow left here 25 years ago this month and I have no intention of getting involved with anything with four legs and teats again.

No I didn't know that but it would make sense, it was beside an old barrel Turner thing and all were housed in what was the dairy here.

The last suckler cow left here 25 years ago this month and I have no intention of getting involved with anything with four legs and teats again.

No I didn't know that but it would make sense, it was beside an old barrel Turner thing and all were housed in what was the dairy here.
that barrel turner thing is the butter churn :cowboy:, god i feel like i,m on love island trying to explain things to a blond bombshell :lol:

You dont know what you are missing .:rolleyes2:

Go on . Live dangerously .

And shortly will again hold white gold.

I rate my wesfalia stuff fitted most myself,never had a dealer touch it in 9 years since I bought it,I've only bought replacement diaphrams and bought them from greenoak.:thumbup:

2nd choice would be de-laval,was dearer than wesfalia when I bought mine but good dealer locally.

3rd Dairymaster,local dealer went bust,farm I visited about his new parlour told me how good they were at repairing pcb boards when they blew:ohmy:

4th Fulwood no the best dealer locally and area rep was/is a cock.:thumbdown:

Are you still milking in the westphalia scoffcuddle.bought mine in 2010.what sort of "outfit " are westphalia in the uk now.massive problems here when i bought mine and was been fitted.salesman from limerick was sacked, my deposit money went walkies for awhile.myself and the salesman and local dealer at the time but still services it now was threatened with court over asking questions.a director came from uk to us with lovely shiny shoes and we really give him a warm leitrim reception along with a lady accountant who was irish manager then .hi heels and shiney shoes didnt go very well on slats up to back of parlour she got gate shortly after , then he got " promoted to nz " .my promotion for him would have 8ft down not sent to nz......seemingly the overall manager in the uk " left 2 or 3 yr later ".
Richard massey still with the them here in Ireland and is sound.
Just curious to know how there in the uk now

Are you still milking in the westphalia scoffcuddle.bought mine in 2010.what sort of "outfit " are westphalia in the uk now.massive problems here when i bought mine and was been fitted.salesman from limerick was sacked, my deposit money went walkies for awhile.myself and the salesman and local dealer at the time but still services it now was threatened with court over asking questions.a director came from uk to us with lovely shiny shoes and we really give him a warm leitrim reception along with a lady accountant who was irish manager then .hi heels and shiney shoes didnt go very well on slats up to back of parlour she got gate shortly after , then he got " promoted to nz " .my promotion for him would have 8ft down not sent to nz......seemingly the overall manager in the uk " left 2 or 3 yr later ".

Forgot to include that the saleman was 100% and got sacked for looking after my interests and exposed a few things that they found " unpalatable "

As far as I know GEA have always been a basket case in Ireland. Charleville refrigeration had the dealership and I dunno what happened but it went tits up for all involved and you’d often see a GEA service van around with Northern Ireland plates now

The main reason I went with westfalia was the fact the chap down the road milking near 3000 cows had (still has,been updated a bit) a 44 point rotary,since 03 we’ve had 3 dealers come and gone and my nearest is now 60 miles away,in late 14 I built a 32/64 and used all my existing gear,wired and fitted it all myself and I’ve only seen the dealer once since ,when he came to price auto Id for me.

Gea/westfalia are only interested in selling you a new parlour,there dealers are going the same way as JD,we have a very good de-laval dealer in Lancs and that’s it,I’m not sure with what/when I’ll replace my milking equipment,one day I’ll need to.

They were always the same over here .my late father bought 2 parlours in 1981 from them lovely to milk cows but the back up was very bad. Main dealer was based very near @Mid cork .we got to know the place very well

The main reason I went with westfalia was the fact the chap down the road milking near 3000 cows had (still has,been updated a bit) a 44 point rotary,since 03 we’ve had 3 dealers come and gone and my nearest is now 60 miles away,in late 14 I built a 32/64 and used all my existing gear,wired and fitted it all myself and I’ve only seen the dealer once since ,when he came to price auto Id for me.

Gea/westfalia are only interested in selling you a new parlour,there dealers are going the same way as JD,we have a very good de-laval dealer in Lancs and that’s it,I’m not sure with what/when I’ll replace my milking equipment,one day I’ll need to.
You wired and fitted a full new parlour yourself?

Back