100-120 hp tractor

How long is a piece of string,whats its going to do ,do you like one colour more than the other ,do you want to buy it today ?A massey 54 or 64 would come on the list 5455//60/70 perhaps 6455/60/65/70 I only have masseys and they suit me but I have a fendt 415 on my list.

I should have said the most reliable and trouble free.
Had new Holland in mind but I’ve heard the only trouble free one is the Ts115 to buy second hand.
was also thinking about a massy alright.
Do you have those models you mention?
Any electrical or gearbox or hydraulic problems with them?

Colour would be way down the priority list!!

In the 100/120 bracket most tractors would have been bought to work so its finding one any colour thats right for you my neighbours 6465 hydraulic pump has just gone 5k hours is that a lot ? the oil and filters cost more than the pump!!

fendt would no on my list to buy. -some day!!
Hydraulic pumps are cheap alright, I’ve changed many a one. Getting into them in some yolks was the fun part! In fairness to fiat and zetors it was a very simple job.
If that’s the only problems after 5000 hrs hard work it’s nothing.

fendt would no on my list to buy. -some day!!
Hydraulic pumps are cheap alright, I’ve changed many a one. Getting into them in some yolks was the fun part! In fairness to fiat and zetors it was a very simple job.
If that’s the only problems after 5000 hrs hard work it’s nothing.
What I’d be buying would probably be at least 5000 hrs though

For that money you'd get a very tidy mf as mentioned above and valtra's N series must be coming to that money now as well. If your not pushed on any particular brand then landini would be worth a look.

Mixing slurry with NC3500 would be the heaviest pto work.
Drawing slurry a few miles to rented land and bales home in winter would be the main rd work.
The 6 cylinder crystal handles the mixer good enough but not the greatest comfort on the rd!!
Was looking to upgrade and get rid of it and maybe get rid of the smaller yolk with the loader on it to.
I have something like a TM 120 in mind with a loader on it, or a similar sized Massey.

Reactions: c4l
Drawing slurry a few miles to rented land and bales home in winter would be the main rd work.
The 6 cylinder crystal handles the mixer good enough but not the greatest comfort on the rd!!
Was looking to upgrade and get rid of it and maybe get rid of the smaller yolk with the loader on it to.
I have something like a TM 120 in mind with a loader on it, or a similar sized Massey.
does it matter the gearbox you want if you went nh route? paddy lacey in wexico has a nice looking tm125 with rc and front sus and no cab sus (can get cab suspension kits easy enough) but has been trying to sell it a while now.

Last edited:
so 6 pot with loader you would be looking at ts115a or tm 120 ,Mf 5465 .The tsa and mf 5465 are suited better for stockman and around yard ,Higher spec would be push out hitch,quicke loader,suspension would add E5k to price

I'd be inclined to keep the 6 cyl crystal , and leave the agitator on it . I have done exactly that . The NC 3000 I have , with the hyd top link , isn't the easiest to put on . But I can leave the PTO shaft on , when moving between agitation points .

does it matter the gearbox you want if you went nh route? paddy lacey in wexico has a nice looking tm125 with rc and front sus and no cab sus (can get cab suspension kits easy enough) but has been trying to sell it a while now.
Gearbox not a concern once reliable. I’ve heard a lot of bad stories about the SLE N H. Was that sorted out after the 78 series? (I’ve no experience on this only what I’ve heard!)

The white top Ford tractors gave bits of bother with valves I think in the sle models and the newer blue top ones had moved those valves outside of the back-end making repairs a lot easier. I drove a white top one years ago a 7840 with 8k hours at the time and it had never been touched. That tractor was a Miller to go and punched well above it's weight. Getting a good one today might be hard and your looking at a design that's pushing on for 30 years old.

What’s is the best second hand 100-120 hp tractor around €30,000 to buy?
Probably should have asked here which 6 cylinder series to avoid and which are troublesome.
I know they all give they’re troubles after 5000hrs of contracting, but gearbox troubles in particular I’d like to avoid!

The white top Ford tractors gave bits of bother with valves I think in the sle models and the newer blue top ones had moved those valves outside of the back-end making repairs a lot easier. I drove a white top one years ago a 7840 with 8k hours at the time and it had never been touched. That tractor was a Miller to go and punched well above it's weight. Getting a good one today might be hard and your looking at a design that's pushing on for 30 years old.
That’s what I’d be thinking, all them problems would be sorted out by now!
If ya listened to them all sure ya’d never buy a tractor!
I’m just used of fixing the older yolkes meself for a few 100 euros!!
🤞🤞

Last edited:
Gearbox not a concern once reliable. I’ve heard a lot of bad stories about the SLE N H. Was that sorted out after the 78 series? (I’ve no experience on this only what I’ve heard!)
Have a blue roof 7840 sle here. By far the most reliable bus we ever had and is on the verge of 10k hours. Only repair to do with the box was an oil pressure switch that had gone bad. Tbh any blue roof 6 cylinder 40 series be high on the list if looking for a tractor for what you need. Problem is lower houred ones are getting scarce. Ts115 or ts115a is what id look out for

I'd be inclined to keep the 6 cyl crystal , and leave the agitator on it . I have done exactly that . The NC 3000 I have , with the hyd top link , isn't the easiest to put on . But I can leave the PTO shaft on , when moving between agitation points .
Would love ta keep it, cuts the budget well down though!!
Never gave a minutes trouble in 25 years.
A few clutches and brakes a couple of times.
She got a starter and hydraulic pump or 2 that’s probably it.

She done a fair bit of baling on hire when we got her first.
Me school holidays were spent following the crystal on the wrapper!!

Last edited:
Would love ta keep it, cuts the budget well down though!!
Never gave a minutes trouble in 25 years.
A few clutches and brakes a couple of times.
She got a starter and hydraulic pump or 2 that’s probably it.

She done a fair bit of baling on hire when we got her first.
Me school holidays were spent following the crystal on the wrapper!!
Which model crystal

Back