110-90 engine

Davy11090

Was looking to get a engine for our 110-90 ideally one that would be fit to take the turbo without worrying about over heating or anything. Here people saying about the 75e15 lorry engine would this be a handy enough fit

Was looking to get a engine for our 110-90 ideally one that would be fit to take the turbo without worrying about over heating or anything. Here people saying about the 75e15 lorry engine would this be a handy enough fit
Do you have a sump if so then there should be no problem getting an engine I have a block and shaft if ur stuck

Why can't your own engine take the turbo? Never a issue of over heating on ours.

Try tanner bros in cork they have a burned 110 90 there with a genuine turbocharged engine
Good shout must take a look thanks
Do you have a sump if so then there should be no problem getting an engine I have a block and shaft if ur stuck
I'm in no panic it's just the engine in her atm is well worked and breathing a good bit just wanted to get an engine to have
Why can't your own engine take the turbo? Never a issue of over heating on ours.

Aren't they a a wet liner engine? It should be handy enough to rebuild your own
Yea would be handy enough but while I'm at it was just looking to see if it would be worth getting a factory turbod engine instead I'm lead to believe they have oil cooled pistons?

I don't know much about Fiat engines , but

I didnt think that there was ever a factory turbo 110/90 , Dealer fitted maybe , but not factory ?

Is a 110/90 engine same capacity as an F140 ? Minus turbo obviously .

In general a turbo engine has heavier duty pistons more oil cooling capacity , possibly bigger radiator .

Not the greatest idea to bolt a turbo onto a 25 year tractor , whose engine has served you well , and given its best .

I've driven a few 110-90 s . A 1990 well worn one was a sow to pull . A very tidy 1997 one was dead enough . Though is there something about one having a Bosch diesel pump ?

Driven 1 F140 , on hilly ground , with an 18ft Redrock silage trailer , could be 15 years ago now . A very impressive beast .

Just my thoughts on the subject .

I don't know much about Fiat engines , but

I didnt think that there was ever a factory turbo 110/90 , Dealer fitted maybe , but not factory ?

Is a 110/90 engine same capacity as an F140 ? Minus turbo obviously .

In general a turbo engine has heavier duty pistons more oil cooling capacity , possibly bigger radiator .

Not the greatest idea to bolt a turbo onto a 25 year tractor , whose engine has served you well , and given its best .

I've driven a few 110-90 s . A 1990 well worn one was a sow to pull . A very tidy 1997 one was dead enough . Though is there something about one having a Bosch diesel pump ?

Driven 1 F140 , on hilly ground , with an 18ft Redrock silage trailer , could be 15 years ago now . A very impressive beast .

Just my thoughts on the subject .
Thanks for your input! There is some Hitachi diggers and small iveco lorrys with the same engine factory fitted turbo. I'm not exactly sure about the f140 engine not to familiar with the f series atol. I think the early 110-90s had lucas cav pump.

Good shout must take a look thanks

I'm in no panic it's just the engine in her atm is well worked and breathing a good bit just wanted to get an engine to have
If I was you I’d send it down to Murphy’s in Cork and recondition it. Very unusual to see those engines give any trouble so I’d imagine getting a second hand one is tricky. Plus, will it be any better than your own when fitted?

Have you priced an Engine new? Some of the older dealers who sold Fiats like WR Shaws or M & S in Cashel might have a unit they’re delighted to sell on.

Thanks for your input! There is some Hitachi diggers and small iveco lorrys with the same engine factory fitted turbo. I'm not exactly sure about the f140 engine not to familiar with the f series atol. I think the early 110-90s had lucas cav pump.
Yes the 11090 from 87 to 90 had lucas pumps ,the 110 never came with a factory turbo but we have put them on a few and the engine is well up to it we put 19000 hrs on one with a turbo ,air filter could do with been bigger , if your tractor is blowing then a set of pistons hone out liners if they are not too bad and put a set of valves and shells in it ,1000 should cover the bits ,what hours are on it cos the liners don't wear much compared to a Ford or perkins

Yes the 11090 from 87 to 90 had lucas pumps ,the 110 never came with a factory turbo but we have put them on a few and the engine is well up to it we put 19000 hrs on one with a turbo ,air filter could do with been bigger , if your tractor is blowing then a set of pistons hone out liners if they are not too bad and put a set of valves and shells in it ,1000 should cover the bits ,what hours are on it cos the liners don't wear much compared to a Ford or perkins
Not exactly sure on hours the clock stopped few years ago I'd guess around 10k hours. So you reckon standard engine rebuilt would be fine? What sorta hp was the one that done 19000 hours?

Not exactly sure on hours the clock stopped few years ago I'd guess around 10k hours. So you reckon standard engine rebuilt would be fine? What sorta hp was the one that done 19000 hours?
Be unlike those engines to give bother. I know a contractor had own with 27k hrs and not a bother on her. Put a oil cooler on it to if you are turbo one. It' will stop her putting the oil to crap

Be unlike those engines to give bother. I know a contractor had own with 27k hrs and not a bother on her. Put a oil cooler on it to if you are turbo one. It' will stop her putting the oil to crap
27000 hrs would be pushing it ,she would have dropped an exhaust valve way before that ,the only engine that would do that kind of hours would be a generator where load was constant

Yes it should be fine if your airbreather was kept clean ,but you won't know till you take it down I have seen a liner damaged from a broken valve but all in all at 10000 hrs there should be little wear ,the hp was 125

Sorry for hijacking the op’s thread my 110/90 is lacking power something serious have a small 8x7 steel bed trail which she would struggle uphill with. Could this be diesel pump? Injectors? Air filter? the blue fiat pictured above has the air filter coming out of bonnet was that a factory or after market fix?
Hour counter not working but would say approx 9000hrs. Would it be better to get her Dyno tested before trying to sort anything?

Sorry for hijacking the op’s thread my 110/90 is lacking power something serious have a small 8x7 steel bed trail which she would struggle uphill with. Could this be diesel pump? Injectors? Air filter? the blue fiat pictured above has the air filter coming out of bonnet was that a factory or after market fix?
Hour counter not working but would say approx 9000hrs. Would it be better to get her Dyno tested before trying to sort anything?
Mine was exactly the same sent pump an injectors away for refurb made some difference to her. Just check you have a good flow of diesel going to pump, when was filters last changed?

I would start with basics first. Change fuel filters and check to make sure its getting enough diesel. If air filter not done for a while take it out and check it at a minimum and change it if needs doing and go from there.

Back