120-140hp tractor with loader

the issue is that good dealers will get poached by other brands, those dealers may move to other brands for various reasons (my post above would represent a lot of that, dealers who are selling a product to customers who expect it to be cheap - no margin in that and as such no sensible business plan)

but i agree with your sentiments, a dealer network makes or breaks a brand. Zetor and Deutz in Ireland are in much the same position, historically good sales in Ireland, but both moved away from a successful importer-ship based model and now have a relatively poor dealer network, but both have a relatively good (and sellable) product. Both should be doing more.
Taking IAM out of the equation was a big mistake for Deutz, for the first time in a long time they had a very good product with all the kinks ironed out and were just about to kick off in my opinion, sales have been in decline ever since and they have lost some very good long-standing dealers who knew the tractors inside out. That's nothing against the current dealers, but the market presence is a long way behind where it was 15 years ago.

On the zetor, a local small time dealer had the franchise near us, but dropped it in favour of tumosan as apparently Zetor let him down on warranty work. Heard something similar about other dealers dropping the franchise for the same reason. Also heard that the zetor powershift transmission gave a lot of bother.

Yesterday drove a few more.... used valtra n154, 4500hrs, well priced, super tractor but probably too big for us and would never really be worked to its potential, hitch was really high off the ground. Missed out on a few dealerships as closed by 1 on Sat and I drove the valtra for too long.... drove a new holland t5.120 with only 500hrs, like a new tractor. I probably would like more horses though, what do people make of the t5.120?

That 120hp is boosted as far as I know and they are a four cylinder.

I think and I'm open to correction, that is more like the T6010 of old so it's a bit of a step back compared to where you were looking.

Taking IAM out of the equation was a big mistake for Deutz, for the first time in a long time they had a very good product with all the kinks ironed out and were just about to kick off in my opinion, sales have been in decline ever since and they have lost some very good long-standing dealers who knew the tractors inside out. That's nothing against the current dealers, but the market presence is a long way behind where it was 15 years ago.

You could say exactly the same in relations to Zetor dealers in Ireland v 15 to 20 years ago . Lads selling them for 20 30 and even 40 years were treated badly by the last importer , and packed it in .
And just when they had decent tractors to sell.

And Hurlimann were going well around that time too.

Maybe I am too fussy but its a one man tractor .

Lot of dealers seem to feel that what the customer is looking for is irrelevant ;things like shur what do you need this or that on it anyways.
Find an awful difference between salesmen ,from one who drove 40k to look at a trade in and returned every call and even rang me couple of times after I had actually purchased elsewhere last year to those who give the impression you are only interrupting their busy day .

Regarding Zetor;nothing wrong with them but dealer network is sparse and the one in the link is at the price of a very low houred "premium " brand .
Within an hour or less of here have JD ,MF ,Duetz ,NH ,Class and Valtra.
JD seem the nicest to drive for loader work but then again that maybe a biased view as have 2 here .Friend has New Holland (T6 ?) and found it not as all as nice to sit on .
Never had MF, Duetz or Valtra and brother in law said his Class was impossible to trade in against anything other than another new Class so thats something I have to think about too .
Drove a Duetz and found it very dead whilst MF seemed very nice but secondhand examples are rarer than JD or NH .
Valtra I have never drove one yet and from looking its hard to figure out the various gearbox options etc .

dealer network and parts availability is everything I think. for example, we have a deutz and a newholland here, agrotron 130 and a tm125. Both are great tractors but something like a simple service kit can be got for the new holland far easier than the deutz due to the amount of dealers around, its a big factor when buying i would say

the issue is that good dealers will get poached by other brands, those dealers may move to other brands for various reasons (my post above would represent a lot of that, dealers who are selling a product to customers who expect it to be cheap - no margin in that and as such no sensible business plan)

but i agree with your sentiments, a dealer network makes or breaks a brand. Zetor and Deutz in Ireland are in much the same position, historically good sales in Ireland, but both moved away from a successful importer-ship based model and now have a relatively poor dealer network, but both have a relatively good (and sellable) product. Both should be doing more.

Id have thought Zetor sold an awful lot more tractors down the years than Deutz ?

Id have thought Zetor sold an awful lot more tractors down the years than Deutz ?

they certainly would have done, but the fall in numbers as a percentage would have been much the same between the 2 brands, my guess is both of the are doing 10% of what they woukd have been at their ‘peaks’

they certainly would have done, but the fall in numbers as a percentage would have been much the same between the 2 brands, my guess is both of the are doing 10% of what they woukd have been at their ‘peaks’

perhaps ? , i would have guessed Deutz were about where they always were ?, a relatively minor player

no secret that Zetor are like what Fiat cars used to be thirty five years ago , a big seller but now a shadow of their former selves

On the kubota, David Garrihy in Clare seems to shift a good few used uk ones.
Yes he does,also selling new holland now.
Sound man to deal with.i bought an m135gx of him ex demo at good value.almost 5000 hrs now with no major issues.
Friend if mine bought a kubota 130 with loader very keen privately a couple of years ago.
They aren't cheap new,I presume that is why they aren't selling

Yes he does,also selling new holland now.
Sound man to deal with.i bought an m135gx of him ex demo at good value.almost 5000 hrs now with no major issues.
Friend if mine bought a kubota 130 with loader very keen privately a couple of years ago.
They aren't cheap new,I presume that is why they aren't selling
I knowof two larger Kubotas performing very well locally to me, the only issue I see with them is that the paintwork is failing badly but both are parked outside. The newest models are tractors to drive but they are priced too high when you consider they aren't a marquee brand.

The only way is stick with the top 4 selling brands,dealers swapping/losing brands is a nightmare but if you’ve a popular brand your sorted.

Deutz are nothing over here,Deutz Uk have a terrible reputation for not honouring warranty claims etc Zetor don’t figure in our area either,over the last few years we’ve seen more different colours than JD appear,NH,Case and Massey’s,still a huge JD area though.

I knowof two larger Kubotas performing very well locally to me, the only issue I see with them is that the paintwork is failing badly but both are parked outside. The newest models are tractors to drive but they are priced too high when you consider they aren't a marquee brand.
Trade in value is a big issue issue with the dealer for this area. Know lads trading in relatively low houred Kubotas around 100hp for new bigger models and its costing far more to change up than if you had a nh, MF or JD.

Slemish tractor prices ,I preume are Plus 20 vat ,then convert to euro and add 200 registration fees and x amount for delivery down south .Would that be the go of it and is there any room for haggle with a straight buy

What models are they?
The bigger ones have a zf transmission, should be good

One son forwarded that to me a few minutes ago... plus stg/euro calculations etc.
Twud be nice but so would a lot of others things , further up the list
Do I get to guess which one, always on the hunt for a bargain :lol:
She would make the JF sing :thumbup:

What models are they?
The bigger ones have a zf transmission, should be good
M128x, the older series, think they were the biggest model available at the time, fine simple tractor, might not be as comfortable or as highly specced as its competitors but they were cheap at the time. The issue they have as I said is the paintwork is gone to shite, and the new model Kubota is no longer cheap which makes a trade up hard to finance.

Back