120-140hp tractor with loader

The boys on the Waterford-new Ross road have a deutz out front. Think she might be a 6140 or 6160 looks clean and I know a guy who bought one off him. Think there was be 7k hrs on her for 40 k euro.

What about a new Zetor? Should be very nearly bought for your budget if not inside it

you probably won,t even consider this but those new BASAK ? tractors look well and are priced under 60k, deutz engine, carraro front axle and zf gearbox

the Turks seem to be quite strong in the manufacturing of machinery ? , biggest fear would be dealers disappearing rather than the quality of the machine i imagine ?

Yes, priced new, not possible, I have nothing to trade against it so too dear. Couldn't justify new for the bit I will be doing, even hard to justify used but I like to do my own jobs myself when it suits me and weather etc.
In the same boat myself.Looking for similar tractor to replace JD 6400 with 13k hours.
Budget might stretch to 45k euro inc. vat.
Essentials are air con ,suspension, ideally both front and cab , quick pump.
Sticking to mainstresm brands NH ,MF , Case ,JD , Valtra to simplify repair , parts etc
Kinda rather one without loader and fit one after purchase. This would reduce budget accordingly though.
Leaning towards 6 cylinder as bales are getting heavier plus lot of road work so 100hp under pressure with 20 bales behind.
Find stacking you need to be careful or rear wheel can leave the ground on rough going
Very hard to find anything .
O

Anyone on here using a kubota. I like the look of those M7s and have heard done good reports. Rare second hand though I'd say

Says no ad blue but what are they using for emmisions then ?

its a misleading ad i think, as the model is actually a Proxima, the ‘CL’ part as far as i understand is a spec line, so CL is the basic option with no splitter on the transmission etc.

according to Zetor’s own website they are Stage 3B (some call it tier4A - its confusing) but at tier 4A some manufacturers were not using adblue- namely JD as one of the big ones, but when they went to tier 4B they had no option but to introduce AdBlue.

so in answer to your question, its several tiers behind where it should be. But there may have been ‘derrogation’ on these units which allows them to be reg’d after emission deadlines, they may also be in a different category which allows them to still be reg’d, but the emissions will be done using EGR,

i note that there are a lot of new zetors on DD at the moment, and i can only assume that the new range is coming and there is some value on the current ones to wash them out of stock.

Biggest issue with Zetor at the moment is the number of dealer changes. In cork there were 2 long term dealers who not longer seem to be retailing the brand. The last thing you want is a dealer going after your purchase leaving you in limbo regarding service and warranty. Dealer backup is an important factor in any purchase.

Biggest issue with Zetor at the moment is the number of dealer changes. In cork there were 2 long term dealers who not longer seem to be retailing the brand. The last thing you want is a dealer going after your purchase leaving you in limbo regarding service and warranty. Dealer backup is an important factor in any purchase.

ive relatives in the North East who had a few Zetors , Clarkes used to be a big Zetor dealer and since they stopped , the brand has bounced around between small time dealers in Cavan and Louth not so long ago , currently there are no Zetor dealers in the North East which seems bad business as there were never any Tumosan or budget brand dealers in that region at all so Zetor had the " cheaper " tractor market to themselves

now granted there is a lot of tillage in Meath and Louth so JD etc would be dominant but plenty of smaller scale farmers in North Meath , East Cavan and all of Monaghan

Zetor would have been traditionally very strong in the West but Tumosan have several dealerships to steal market share in Connacht , no wonder Zetor sales are so poor

Lets be fair to Zetor though, they are no longer a basic/budget buy they are using Deutz engines, carraro axles and Bosch hydraulic components. Tumosan and Armatrac etc are tiers below zetor in terms of spec, comfort and capability

zetor (in Ireland anyway) haven’t moved with the times, they are still perceived as a budget brand, but looking at the money on that tractor in the ad you could probably buy a ‘Big Brand’ option for similar money perhaps not quite the same, a little more, but my point remains. Zetor were happy to be seen as a budget option and haven’t deviated from that.

On the zetor, a local small time dealer had the franchise near us, but dropped it in favour of tumosan as apparently Zetor let him down on warranty work. Heard something similar about other dealers dropping the franchise for the same reason. Also heard that the zetor powershift transmission gave a lot of bother.

Yesterday drove a few more.... used valtra n154, 4500hrs, well priced, super tractor but probably too big for us and would never really be worked to its potential, hitch was really high off the ground. Missed out on a few dealerships as closed by 1 on Sat and I drove the valtra for too long.... drove a new holland t5.120 with only 500hrs, like a new tractor. I probably would like more horses though, what do people make of the t5.120?

what do people make of the t5.120?
not many about tbh with ya. seem a good tractor with a well respected box but lads seem to head for the t6 over the t5. could be down to price with not much of a difference but the cab would be more spacious on the t6 and there would be more weight to pull a tanker

In regards prices for tractors in the 100-120hp seem to at a premium when compared to models in the 120-150hp range. O connor tractors in knocknagoshel always have a good selection of tractors.

In regards prices for tractors in the 100-120hp seem to at a premium when compared to models in the 120-150hp range. O connor tractors in knocknagoshel always have a good selection of tractors.
Yes, been back there, good selection, UK imports too. Nothing cheap...not like anyone has anything cheap though!

Anyone been at Brendan Casey's in Laois?
Some selection in the yard, I had my eye on one and called in to ask him about, he says to me "what one are you interested in?...any in the shed take your fancy?" I go down this quaint path then through the workshop/stores to a room with 40 tractors easy in it, packed in like sardines!
How can these private guys carry the stock? Although someone says to me that the used stock is better than money in the bank, appreciating away!

Lets be fair to Zetor though, they are no longer a basic/budget buy they are using Deutz engines, carraro axles and Bosch hydraulic components. Tumosan and Armatrac etc are tiers below zetor in terms of spec, comfort and capability

zetor (in Ireland anyway) haven’t moved with the times, they are still perceived as a budget brand, but looking at the money on that tractor in the ad you could probably buy a ‘Big Brand’ option for similar money perhaps not quite the same, a little more, but my point remains. Zetor were happy to be seen as a budget option and haven’t deviated from that.

I never thought Zetor were in the same category as Tumosan etc but they needed to maintain dealerships in order to maintain market share with those who might chance a Tumosan

I never thought Zetor were in the same category as Tumosan etc but they needed to maintain dealerships in order to maintain market share with those who might chance a Tumosan

the issue is that good dealers will get poached by other brands, those dealers may move to other brands for various reasons (my post above would represent a lot of that, dealers who are selling a product to customers who expect it to be cheap - no margin in that and as such no sensible business plan)

but i agree with your sentiments, a dealer network makes or breaks a brand. Zetor and Deutz in Ireland are in much the same position, historically good sales in Ireland, but both moved away from a successful importer-ship based model and now have a relatively poor dealer network, but both have a relatively good (and sellable) product. Both should be doing more.

Back