12v digger radio

Canyanero

Would anyone know a good place to buy a radio for a digger, they are smaller than a single din, 150x40mm and must be 12v not 24v. Or if anyone has fitted a single din is it possible to do fairly tidy or is it just a matter of hacking away until it fits. Thanks :scratchhead:

Would anyone know a good place to buy a radio for a digger, they are smaller than a single din, 150x40mm and must be 12v not 24v. Or if anyone has fitted a single din is it possible to do fairly tidy or is it just a matter of hacking away until it fits. Thanks :scratchhead:
Once there is enough room for a standard radio, and you cut it out neatly, I cant see an issue
The new radio will cover the 'cut' anyway

Thanks lads, I might try the excavator radio, it would surely last longer than a car one
sorry for digging up few month old thread. you get the excavator radio in the end? if you did how'd you find it? trying to hunt for some radios for a couple of the tractors here and just looking for something reliable and i'm assuming if it can survive being in an excavator, surely it can survive in a tractor no problem

https://ams-diffusion.fr/product/radio/?lang=en
Very good robust simple radio came in our Massey but I swapped it for an ams one again just Bluetooth enabled and put it in the digger but I can't remember right now if the one I fitted in its place was a shallow one.
Edit: I see in the google search WR Shaw & Mid Louth have them for sale

Reactions: c4l
https://ams-diffusion.fr/product/radio/?lang=en
Very good robust simple radio came in our Massey but I swapped it for an ams one again just Bluetooth enabled and put it in the digger but I can't remember right now if the one I fitted in its place was a shallow one.
Edit: I see in the google search WR Shaw & Mid Louth have them for sale
was looking at them alright. just trying to keep options open. had spotted the excavator radios on ebay and came here to see if they were mentioned before

was looking at them alright. just trying to keep options open. had spotted the excavator radios on ebay and came here to see if they were mentioned before
I put a simple 50 ISH euro pioneer Bluetooth one from Halfords in our tractor 5+ years ago now. No need to go for anything expensive for an am/FM radio. I listen to Spotify or podcasts 95% of the time through Bluetooth and I have had no hassle at all. I think it might have been the cheapest Bluetooth radio they had at the time

sorry for digging up few month old thread. you get the excavator radio in the end? if you did how'd you find it? trying to hunt for some radios for a couple of the tractors here and just looking for something reliable and i'm assuming if it can survive being in an excavator, surely it can survive in a tractor no problem
I ended up buying one from mg plant in swinford, it was 100 euro or so, going the finest and plugged straight in, he has adds up on donedeal

The JD 6620 here could do with a new radio.
Nothing fancy just cheap!

Currently has a Blaupunkt.
Lad at Halfords tells me that radio conectors are pretty much standard now. I remember buying a cd player for my first car and an adapter cable was needed back then.

Is he correct?
If I buy a cheapo fm radio off Amazon for £20 is it going to be a ballache to fit or just plug and play?

Only ever changed from Blaupunkt to Blaupunkt over the years so was just plug and play!

The JD 6620 here could do with a new radio.
Nothing fancy just cheap!

Currently has a Blaupunkt.
Lad at Halfords tells me that radio conectors are pretty much standard now. I remember buying a cd player for my first car and an adapter cable was needed back then.

Is he correct?
If I buy a cheapo fm radio off Amazon for £20 is it going to be a ballache to fit or just plug and play?

Only ever changed from Blaupunkt to Blaupunkt over the years so was just plug and play!
Halfords have pretty good radios now, just don’t buy the cheapest one. Plugs are fairly standard. Aldi or Lidl radios used to drain the battery on standby, fortunately they don’t sell radios anymore.

Reactions: AYF
Halfords have pretty good radios now, just don’t buy the cheapest one. Plugs are fairly standard. Aldi or Lidl radios used to drain the battery on standby, fortunately they don’t sell radios anymore.
I was looking at Amazon tbh.
Halfords lad said they had no idea when they'd next see a shipment of their lower end radios!

Back