1st time beet grower

Is he from up your direction?
Bought beet in the spring up that way when it was non existent down here.
I wouldn't have % establishment for Alisha but it looks to be all there too.
I upped the seeding rate on the enermax ever so slightly to allow for misses and it doesn't seem too gappy either.

Is he from up your direction?
Bought beet in the spring up that way when it was non existent down here.
I wouldn't have % establishment for Alisha but it looks to be all there too.
I upped the seeding rate on the enermax ever so slightly to allow for misses and it doesn't seem too gappy either.
Yea he’s about 4 fields away

Is not all beet primed nowadays as standard. I remember a past member sourcing it for me 10yrs ago and I taught it was a complete game changer in establishment

Is not all beet primed nowadays as standard. I remember a past member sourcing it for me 10yrs ago and I taught it was a complete game changer in establishment

What do you mean by primed? all the seed is coated alright in a fungicide. I'm enclosing a pic of the beet seed box if its any use to you.
Got a pic of another field this evening thats flying it and very much on schedule, it gots its 2nd herbicide last week, 2nd Nitrogen top dress today.
I'm beginning to think the field that's very patchy isn't down to poor germination and instead is the result of crows rooting and pulling up at the new seedlings... they lived in the field for a few weeks after sowing... il try get a pic tomorrow or during the week..
All fields were sowed 16/17th April.

Attachments

• 20210619_234850.jpg
    20210619_234850.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210619_145308.jpg
    20210619_145308.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210619_145252.jpg
    20210619_145252.jpg
    524.9 KB · Views: 26
What do you mean by primed? all the seed is coated alright in a fungicide. I'm enclosing a pic of the beet seed box if its any use to you.
Got a pic of another field this evening thats flying it and very much on schedule, it gots its 2nd herbicide last week, 2nd Nitrogen top dress today.
I'm beginning to think the field that's very patchy isn't down to poor germination and instead is the result of crows rooting and pulling up at the new seedlings... they lived in the field for a few weeks after sowing... il try get a pic tomorrow or during the week..
Is there a date of sealing on the box?

Crows in beet is usually a sign of leatherjackets. They don’t hang around unless there’s food. We had to spray ours with trigger as it was a bad year for them around here.

Primed is tumbled about or something a day before delivery so when you sow it the hard shell is easy broken by moisture so the seed germinated straight away
Or something like that(my agro was telling me)

To my eye nothing looks as good as a nice clean field of beet gust about to meet between the rows, at this time of the year.
By tomorrows date, you shouldn't be able to see the rows:2guns:. I always liked to plant early to hit this target, but I would have got my arse handed to me on a plate this year, if I was growing !!

Last edited:
Back