20 tonne tipper lorry

f140

What's the general rate for a 20 tonne tipper lorry. The 8 wheeler ones. I presume its per hour rather than kilometre since they won't be clocking up kilometres while being loaded. Anyone know a rough price.

What's the general rate for a 20 tonne tipper lorry. The 8 wheeler ones. I presume its per hour rather than kilometre since they won't be clocking up kilometres while being loaded. Anyone know a rough price.
Usually per tonne on a sliding scale depending on distance. That would be ex-quarry work.

Man would be aiming to gross 500 a day at minimum.

Some will do a per load price. The quarry rates can be low enough due to constant work. In the tipper game it's volume. Heard of rates of €50 per load for local runs.

It depends on what you want answered, as has been said if you're getting loads delivered from the likes of a quarry it will be per tonne and included in the charge to you. If you want to hire a truck to take material away from a site for instance it could be done by an hourly charge, per load or some of the bigger outfits might price the job based on the cubic measurement of the product.
I would think that in situations , other than the hourly charge one, where the truck was waiting unnecessarily then there would be a charge for that time like the tar lads where they allow a time to get off the load but if not done in that time they have a charge, demurrage.

Back