2012 Holiday

A bit early but what the hell :lol:

Where are ye going / thinking of going on holidays this year ? :001_smile:

Im thinking Lanzarote this year :001_smile:........should help to even out the farmers tan a wee bit :lol:

Just booking/planning it now.
Plane to Brisbane, then collect a campervan. Me and the missus drive uphill a bit to Frazer Island. Stay there a day or two.
Bit of a sad bit there cos the missus is going to leave her brothers ashes there. Not sure just how either of us is going to cope with that bit. Dark humour usually gets me through so I will probably suggest she makes a sandcastle or summat.

Might well meet up with Fred somewhere around there too.
From there drive up to Cairns taking in the scenery etc. No big hurry but it is 2,000km ish.

Then flight down to Sydney and wander around there for a day or two. That's plenty long enough in Sydney, got to go cos she hasn't been before but 2 days and you've seen it.

I am quite excited. :)

Got2 take mrs sebs away this spring sum where extra nice as tis 10yrs this april since us tied the knot so her keeps tellin me :whistling: And she seams 2 ave her heart set on a bleady cruise:sad: Not sure i am old enough 4 that yet an bet there wont b any1 4 me 2 talk shop 2!:sad:

Last edited:
Just booking/planning it now.
Plane to Brisbane, then collect a campervan. Me and the missus drive uphill a bit to Frazer Island. Stay there a day or two.
Bit of a sad bit there cos the missus is going to leave her brothers ashes there. Not sure just how either of us is going to cope with that bit. Dark humour usually gets me through so I will probably suggest she makes a sandcastle or summat.

Might well meet up with Fred somewhere around there too.
From there drive up to Cairns taking in the scenery etc. No big hurry but it is 2,000km ish.

Then flight down to Sydney and wander around there for a day or two. That's plenty long enough in Sydney, got to go cos she hasn't been before but 2 days and you've seen it.

I am quite excited. :)
you've taken to this holiday/flying lark aint ya:001_cool:

Got the bug :lol:
i was going to say the same, for a man that didnt travel too far before you've certainly found your legs...:lol:
there is country's closer you know...:lol:

Got2 take mrs sebs away this spring sum where extra nice as tis 10yrs this april since us tied the knot so her keeps tellin me :whistling: And she seams 2 ave her heart set on a bleady cruise:sad: Not sure i am old enough 4 that yet an bet there wont b any1 4 me 2 talk shop 2!:sad:
done the cruise, just the once, but it was sound.
we only did 4 days as there was only one stop, but a weeks one with a few stops would be spot on.
we went with royal carribian, its an experience tbh, there wouldnt be a minute that passes that something isnt on, shows are good, along with the massage rooms, pools, gaming, shops, saunas, libary, rockwall, resturants, auctions, pool games, you get the drift here...
cool too, no money, all a card system, of course you do get a bill at the end tho...:whistling:
altho, if i was going again it would be on the oasis of the seas, now thats a boat....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJEPIc6Cmfs&feature=related"]Inside Royal Caribbean World's Largest Cruise Ship Oasis of the Seas by Associated Press - YouTube[/ame]

i was going to say the same, for a man that didnt travel too far before you've certainly found your legs...:lol:
there is country's closer you know...:lol:
Oh I have travelled before, it was just a long time since I had been on a plane.
It has also been a long time when someone else wasn't either needing or wanting my money. Now I am young free and single again.........(well none of them actually :lol:)

I haven't travelled in years because of the farm. I am currently on my honeymoon. A week in Vegas and a week in Orlando its bloody great being away .for anyone thinking maybe ,i might , i can't because of farm just do it , you won't regret it . ...... Don't bring wife /girlfriend to Vegas its a lads place

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks Tinman. Sounds like plenty 2 do then mate. Wot bot the age of the people on ur cruise? Woz it abit like a floatin coach trip 4 the ova 60s or would there b younger people 2???:whistling:

I haven't travelled in years because of the farm. I am currently on my honeymoon. A week in Vegas and a week in Orlando its bloody great being away .for anyone thinking maybe ,i might , i can't because of farm just do it , you won't regret it . ...... Don't bring wife /girlfriend to Vegas its a lads place

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
good luck, and congrats to ye both.
orlando is cool, way too much to do.

Thanks Tinman. Sounds like plenty 2 do then mate. Wot bot the age of the people on ur cruise? Woz it abit like a floatin coach trip 4 the ova 60s or would there b younger people 2???:whistling:
all ages hi, i was kinda surprised tbh.
mostly aged between 35 and 65 on the one we went on, others may differ.
unreal too, you will see it all if you go, if you sit down for dinner and order wine, say you only drink the half of it they take it away for safe keeping til the next night, if the next day you decide you want a glass out of it they bring it to you ( just think of the logistics there for a mo ).
when you board, they have drinks on sale, as in, if you want to drink a type of fizzy drink you buy a sticker for your card that allows you to drink all you want of it for a one time price, same for the wine, you buy enuf to do the week for a discount price.
we also had a captains ball, one ya need a tux for, i ordered mine on the booking form, when we landed all was in the cabin and not one thing or size wrong either.
its a big affair, pro photographers there too to take a pic ( a dear one mind ) of you dressed up to the nine's.
you get assigned a butler for your dinner table for the duration of your stay, and you can book your preferred table for the week too, it il always be empty when you go for dinner.
yer man wouldnt even let me put pepper on my dinner, said it would be more than his jobs worth to have the main butler see me do iy myself.
im not so big into all that, and mostly fend for myself, but it is a slice of luxury all the same, one which quite a few really take advantage of too from what i seen.:001_rolleyes:

all in all, id do it again, it wouldnt be my first choice, but i enjoyed it all the same, like a lot of holidays, its what you make of it too.
we sailed from fort Lauderdale when we went, headed over to el mehico to swim with dolphins amongst other things.

Thanks Tinman. Sounds proper nice that. Sounds pretty much like a really posh hotel me an mrs Sebs went 2 a couple of year back 4 a break wi out the kids. U cum home avein cin how tova half live! :thumbup:

Thanks Tinman. Sounds proper nice that. Sounds pretty much like a really posh hotel me an mrs Sebs went 2 a couple of year back 4 a break wi out the kids. U cum home avein cin how tova half live! :thumbup:
here sebs, if ya dont mind me askin, is that they way ye speak or is it just shorthand your using, for it aint half fcukin hard to read lad.....:whistling::lol:
maybe im out of touch with txtin tho...., either that or getin old....:laugh:

Never had what could be called a proper holiday and so far we have four weddings to go to this year so the holiday is going to have to wait for another bit:001_rolleyes:

Never had what could be called a proper holiday and so far we have four weddings to go to this year so the holiday is going to have to wait for another bit:001_rolleyes:
id nearly say your mad hi.
we get away every year, mostly because the mrs would probably leave me if i didnt go on one.
i do give out about going, but once im at the bottom of the road im in holiday mode til i get home.
ya need to get away from it all hi.
altho, that will slightly change now for us, but i see here or the uk in the jeep as a holiday for a while now, dont mind that either.

:blushing: Sorry Tinman but i do use an alot of text slang an will try an wean myself of it. Goin have to act me age:blushing:

Back